Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

migulic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 migulic
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble just appeared on the Belgian Nintendo-Europe Stars Catalogue, and I'm wondering whether I should get it or rather wait until I can buy Wii points with the stars. It costs 4500 stars, which is equal to around 1000 Wii pts. Is it good? Or is VJ Red Het Rumble for GCN better?
migulic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 migulic
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
i dont know what your talking about with the strs and stuff but the game is great. it has more puzzles and less combat but it works. i love it.oblivian92
It's a European thing - we get 250 'stars' with every game which can be used to buy stuff off the 'Stars Catalogue' on nintendo-europe.com. Usually it's just wallpapers or ringtones, but once in a while, you can get games. They said that you will also be able to exchange the stars for Wii points, some time in the future.
MikeLXXXVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MikeLXXXVIII
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts

well i think it would be worth it even if i havent tried the ds viewtiful joe...

better than some wallpaper,and probably a decent game (from what ive read) ...

ive never been able to use my star points :p since my country has no support for such

Meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Meptron
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts

[QUOTE="oblivian92"]i dont know what your talking about with the strs and stuff but the game is great. it has more puzzles and less combat but it works. i love it.migulic
It's a European thing - we get 250 'stars' with every game which can be used to buy stuff off the 'Stars Catalogue' on nintendo-europe.com. Usually it's just wallpapers or ringtones, but once in a while, you can get games. They said that you will also be able to exchange the stars for Wii points, some time in the future.

That system sounds really cool. Does anybody know if there's a similar system in North America? If not, WHY NOT?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, there's nothing like it in America and the reason the UK gets it is because they're in the UK. Since Japan and America get most of everything not soccer related before them this is Nintendo's way of giving them something special of their own.

As for the game I like it very much and if you're a fan of the series you'll love it. Evan if you're not a fan of the series it's one of the better action games on the DS.

darthlgp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darthlgp
Member since 2004 • 486 Posts
I picked this up on a whim. I got it used for $12. I LOVE IT! I was pleasantly suprised. Awesome DS graphics, engaging, and fun to just pick up and play.
DSJAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DSJAM
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts
This is a great game. It makes good use of touch functions for special powers, has a fun story and that feel that only Viewtiful Joe games can seem to create. When the first one came out on the Cube I described it to my friend like this ," Remember back in the day when games were just fun? This is like that."
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
i found the game to be somewhat repetative, and i thought the console verionswere much better it was an okay game though, i got it for $15 but the new powers were some times difficult to activate.
MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10 MarkedByAshes
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts
I love Viewtiful Joe, but the problem I have with this particular title is having to keep the stylus on-hand so I can switch and touch or scratch the screen as the situation calls for, then go right back to mashing buttons all within a matter of seconds. Free is free though.