VC Releases for 10/15/07! (Metal Gates of Chaos!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts
WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Oct. 15, 2007

This week marks the first appearance of a CD-ROM game for the TurboGrafx16 on Virtual ConsoleTM. Take control of the Hunting Dog ship and battle deadly Obbellon fighters in the clas-sic horizontal sci-fi shooter, Gate of Thunder. If shooting's not your thing, you can go out and save the world from evil demons or a power-hungry general in this week's other offerings that bolster the Wii Shop Channel's catalog of action-adventure and real-time strategy games.

Three new clas-sic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. WiiTM owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii PointsTM to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Ninja Gaiden IITM: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Mild Violence, 500 Wii Points): In Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos, a new villain, Ashtar, is revealed. Take on the role of Ryu Hayabusa and rescue Irene Lew, a former CIA agent, from Ashtar. Destroy the Sword of Chaos, a weapon of great power forged from the bone of a demon. Use techniques such as the Fire Wheel or the Windmill Throwing Star and attack while holding on to walls and ladders. Use the most innovative technique of all - the ability to create Shadow Clones, orange shadow versions of Ryu that will constantly follow him, repeating previous actions (moving or attacking) in a delayed cycle. Once again defeat henchmen, creatures and bosses with new fighting techniques and even more weapons as you progress through multiple stages on your way to destroying Ashtar, Jaquio and the Realm of Chaos.

Metal Marines® (Super NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Set in the near future, most of Earth's land has been disintegrated in the chaos of the Anti-matter War. This real-time strategy game portrays the Colonies' Allied Force - the Metal Marines - in their epic struggle against General Zorgeuf and the Imperial Federation, who are bent on world domination. Commanding the Metal Marines across a series of battles, the player must strategically allocate resources, ready supplies, manage funds and move troops in an effort to outwit and outmove the opponent. The real-time battle system rewards split-second decisions and adaptability in the struggle for military superiority. Unlike most turn-based strategy games, Metal Marines engrosses the player in a fast-paced and frantic battle in which both sides advance simultaneously. A constant eye must be kept on enemy movements to maintain a formidable defense and not miss the perfect chance to strike. Strategic foresight and quick judgment hold the key to victory.

Gate of Thunder(TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): The legendary sci-fi shooter is back! Gate of Thunder is a horizontal side-scrolling shooter that places you in control of special undercover agent Hawk, whose mission is to stop the deadly army of Obbellon fighters. Jump into the action as Hawk gets aboard his ship, the Hunting Dog, and heads out toward the enemy. Blast through stages while effectively using all three of the weapons at your disposal and receiving support from ally Wild Cat ships. Switch through equippable power-up options on the fly to change the direction of your attack. You'll have to blast in front of and behind you to survive all seven stages. Hard-core shooting-game fans looking for a challenge can select HARD or DEVIL mode to experience even more intense action!

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

I thought you said Metal Gear :P

I'll check out Ninja Gaiden

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
A real time strategy game for the SNES? How did I miss that? Has anyone played it? Any good?
Elbowsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Elbowsmash
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts
Metal Marines is awesome. A must buy for me.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
How do you know what is going to be released 3 hours before release? I thought they came out at 12 eastern 9am pacific?
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts

So this week we get our first TG CD game, and Hudson takes the opportunity to release...another shooter. Woo.

Well, at least it's been a long while since the last one. But Y's Books 1 & II this sure isn't.

BL1NDS1DE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 BL1NDS1DE
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 is gonna be the only one I buy out of those three.
BL1NDS1DE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BL1NDS1DE
i'll get Ninja Gaiden 2, but none of the others
BL1NDS1DE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BL1NDS1DE
sorry for the double post.....
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

A real time strategy game for the SNES? How did I miss that? Has anyone played it? Any good?PopeReal

Supposedly very good for the SNES. There are videos of how it plays on youtube.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts
Nothing worth downloading this week. Since Nintendo delayed Smash Bros Brawl until next year they shouldmake up for it by releasing some awesome VC games like say Super Mario RPG or Donkey Kong Country 3 to name a few.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Nothing worth downloading this week. J_Ford

You have no soul for gaming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Marines for those interesed in the title or wonder why it is considered one of the SNES overlooked gems.

http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/585/gate-of-thunder.php review of gate of thunder. The other two recent releases are also reviewed there. Plus clips of each vc title that has been released or will be released.

samxcor3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 samxcor3
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
OMG i almost thought that said marble madness. dammit!
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Thanx a lot for the update. I think I'll go play Ninja Gaiden II on my NES though.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
yet another lame week
discipleofsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 discipleofsin
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts
Holy Crap ... I have completely forgot about metal marines. I loved that game back in the day! I wonder how it holds up to time though, my fondness of the game from back then could be decieving.
Ablasio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ablasio
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
I'll download them all.
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Another pathetic week, they need to release games that people HAVE ACTUALLY HEARD OF.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Ninja Gaiden II pwns.
StraeDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StraeDog
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts
Was I the only one hoping they'd release SSB to make up for the Brawl delay? Oh well, may check out Metal Marines.
StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

Another pathetic week, they need to release games that people HAVE ACTUALLY HEARD OF.Solid_Snake325

Gate of Thunder is worth your time if you enjoy a great shooter along the lines of R-Type. Turbo CD is sick!!!! I see nothing pathetic about this weeks VC releases. Heck, we even got another Ninja Gaiden!

Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

Well im getting them all, this will be my 38th - 39th and 40th games :D!

crap i gotta erace mp3 chan :(

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I'll probably get Ninja Gaiden 2. The others don't look appealing to me.
bankey1443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bankey1443
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

no Super Mario RPG makes bankey sad.

btw, i have ninja gaiden 1, its a pretty cool game, some parts are jsut redious but for the most part, this is a pretty cool game if you like a side scrolling action game

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
There are so many Virtual Console games I have to buy.:?
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
What's with the Ninja Gaiden hate? 2 is better than 1 and both kick ass.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

Sorry, don't want to bump this, but it is constantly appearing in my Posting History as having one new post. I'm just replying in hopes of "unsticking" it in my history to make it go away!

Mods can lock if they wish.

Thanks.