VC Releases for 04/09/2007 (Bravo!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLAS-SIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNEL

April 9, 2007

Do you have an itch to blast bug-shaped space fighters? Have you ever wondered whether Dr. Bomb was a medical doctor or a Ph.D.? Do you resolve all your disputes with a heated round of Rock, Paper, Scissors? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you'll want to pay a visit to the popular WiiTM video game system's Wii Shop Channel.

Three new clas-sic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii PointsTM to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

GalagaTM (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Players control their fighters, with their unique ability to combine with other fighters and shoot down the invading aliens. Aliens attack in formations using a variety of attack patterns. Rescue a captured fighter to combine with it, forming a Dual Fighter with twice the firepower. Earn Perfect Bonuses more easily by using a Dual Fighter on the Challenging Stages. Galaga was released in 1981 and became an instant clas-sic with its innovative fighter-combination system and varied enemy attack patterns.

BRAVOMANTM (Turbografx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): The village of Nitta has been invaded by the army of Dr. Bomb, an evil scientist who is plotting to take over the world. Facing this crisis is Bravoman, who received his powers from Alpha Man to stand up against Dr. Bomb in the name of justice. The village of Nitta consists of 22 stages - action stages that take place on the ground and shooting stages that take place underwater. Action stages use a unique control system in which the height of a jump and the distance of an attack changes depending on how long players hold down the button. Players collect the Luck Symbols that appear when they defeat enemies and give them to Lottery Man to get recovery and power-up items. Stop Dr. Bomb and bring peace to the village of Nitta and the rest of the world.

Alex KiddTM in the Enchanted Castle (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): When King Thor was kidnapped, his son, Alex Kidd, held out hope that his father would return to their kingdom on Planet Aries. Finally, it was revealed that he was being held captive on Planet Paperock. As Alex, players race to his rescue through 11 levels, battling enemies and avoiding obstacles while winning coins that will buy special items and vehicles. At the end of each level, players encounter a boss and enter into a match of "Rock, Paper, Scissors." Throwing the right symbols puts players ever closer to bringing King Thor home; throwing the wrong symbols squashes them beneath a heavy weight.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

Get used (Bravo!) to (Bravo!) hearing (Bravo!) the (Bravo!) word Bravo! (Bravo!) A LOT (Bravo!), IF You (Bravo!) download (Bravo!) the game Bravo (Bravo!) Man!

(Bravo!)

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
i haven't heard of any of these, are they any good?
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts
i haven't heard of any of these, are they any good?kidrock17xp
Nope...
Avatar image for NintendoMaster3
NintendoMaster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NintendoMaster3
Member since 2004 • 511 Posts
You never heard of Galaga? Please tell me you're kidding! Anyway, what a crappy selection this week. No punch-out, no vectorman, no castlevania and no zelda II. Nintendo, get with it!
o0George0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 o0George0o
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts
You never heard of Galaga? Please tell me you're kidding! Anyway, what a crappy selection this week. No punch-out, no vectorman, no castlevania and no zelda II. Nintendo, get with it!NintendoMaster3
they don't want to release them all at once or they would run out of games so were probly gonna get like 5 good games a month or somthin llike that
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Yes galaga :D
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
You never heard of Galaga? Please tell me you're kidding! Anyway, what a crappy selection this week. No punch-out, no vectorman, no castlevania and no zelda II. Nintendo, get with it!NintendoMaster3
I concur. Galaga is a retro classic, but I'm not going to download it. The other two interest me even less.
dcap8424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dcap8424
Member since 2006 • 806 Posts
i'm let down by the VC yet again...
slayerver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#10 slayerver1
Member since 2004 • 594 Posts

No offense - XBLA Galaga > NES or VC Galaga

Bravoman is probably the choice of the week out of those three.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
man this is stupid with the wii shop channel I thought for sure they would give us a little easter present with a new channel:(
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
Meh, nothing that appeals to me this week.
harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 harleyrulesall
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts
i think this is the worst lot yet
Schmidty1218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Schmidty1218
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts
Man what a stinky week.  I don't think they should release every good game at once, but I definitely think they should have released Zelda II or something like Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario in honor of Super Paper Mario being released tomorrow.  Then again I guess there is no real reason to complain about not being able to download a good game today since Super Paper Mario does come out tomorrow.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
my god. there are hundreds and hundreds of great games they could be putting out. they need to get with it. at this rate, we arent going to have that many great VC games by the end of the wii's life cycle. i mean, three games a week isn't all that much. what the hell are they doing over there?
PixelatedMess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PixelatedMess
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
Where is Punch-Out? Galaga is good but with the Live Arcade version you get the actual arcade game and leaderboards so that version is better if you have access to a 360. Nothing for me again this week.
lgdowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 lgdowner
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts

[QUOTE="kidrock17xp"]i haven't heard of any of these, are they any good?MiiforWii

Nope...

and thats why you never heard of them

Fun_4_Real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fun_4_Real
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
WOW! What a horrible selection of crap-o-la VC releases. Had a feeling this would happen because SPM is coming out this week. I mean, who cares for any of those 3 VC games? No one wants to even consider playing any of those TERRIBLE games!!! I don't see any good at all on those VC games? I bet you GS will rate all those games lower than a 5.0 saying to stay away from Snoresville. At least Super Paper Mario will come out tomorrow, still making this week one week to still be excited for. So this is one week I'm not too upset about bad VC releases. Maybe next week everyone. In the meanwhile buy and play SPM :) (play it for a long time) SUPER PAPER MARIO FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bradglimpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bradglimpse
Member since 2003 • 838 Posts
i think this is the worst lot yetharleyrulesall
I think it's a poor week as well for the VC releases
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
i haven't heard of any of these, are they any good?kidrock17xp
You havent herd of galaga?? Its only the greatest space shooter ever!!!
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

slayerver1

None taken (I own both :P) -- that's because the XBLA version is the arcade version. Most arcade versions are better than their NES or SNES counterparts... if Nintendo gets around to releasing Contra -- the biggest exception to the rule I can think of, that will be better than the XBLA version.

In other news, what are Nintendo thinking? They release this rubbish and expect us to be happy about it? I mean, come on... Reggie said that they'd release good VC games while there was a drought. A must-own game hasn't come out for this system since Zelda. I dunno, I guess they're trying to get us to buy Super Paper Mario tomorrow... then maybe we can have TWO must-own games for our console.

It just flat-out sucks to see other regions get Legend Of The Mystical Ninja, Punch Out, Castlevania... just about every game that made the Nintendo consoles worth getting and we get stuck with Rock, Paper Scissors.

Ah, well the VC is rediculously overpriced anyway. I'm thinking about picking up an N64 (sold mine when I got a PS2) and getting whatever game I want for it, not waiting for Europe and Japan to have them all first... or for us to have to wait until they release every garbage TurboGraphix game and every obscure NES failure (not that Galaga would fall into that category, but most of the NES VC lineup does) to get pushed out first.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Aww...another crappy VC week :(
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Another week of not buying a VC game. Nintendo really needs to offer trials on these games like Xbox Live Arcade. I'm not going to spend $5-10 to play a game and then learn I hate it.
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

[QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="kidrock17xp"]i haven't heard of any of these, are they any good?lgdowner

Nope...

and thats why you never heard of them

:lol: Haha...
schoony_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 schoony_5
Member since 2004 • 343 Posts
I was really hoping for paper mario
aemena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aemena
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
Another crappy week in the VC, when is it going to end??? It's starting to get really annoying to see crap after crap everyweek. I want good games!!! I want Punch-Out now!!!!
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
Another crappy week in the VC, when is it going to end??? It's starting to get really annoying to see crap after crap everyweek. I want good games!!! I want Punch-Out now!!!!aemena
Buy an NES and Punch-Out then.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Alex kid was good wasn't it? I want Kid Chameleon.
Fun_4_Real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fun_4_Real
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Another crappy week in the VC, when is it going to end??? It's starting to get really annoying to see crap after crap everyweek. I want good games!!! I want Punch-Out now!!!!aemena
Your telling me!!!!! It is starting to annoy the hell outta me as well with these disgraceful VC games that shouldn't even be released early in the Wii's life cycle among other terrible VC games being released in that week as well. I wouldn't mind if they were to bring out one good game among two other bad games each week at the very least. But NO!!!!!!, they bring out all crappy games to be released in that same one week!!!!!!!!! Haven't brought a new VC game since Donkey Kong Country came out. Come on Nintendo, where are all the good games at????!!!!!
glitch-x911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 glitch-x911
Member since 2006 • 2988 Posts
[QUOTE="kidrock17xp"]i haven't heard of any of these, are they any good?MiiforWii
Nope...

These games suck. Except galaga but I mean you can play that on the computer.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
[QUOTE="aemena"]Another crappy week in the VC, when is it going to end??? It's starting to get really annoying to see crap after crap everyweek. I want good games!!! I want Punch-Out now!!!!Fun_4_Real
Your telling me!!!!! It is starting to annoy the hell outta me as well with these disgraceful VC games that shouldn't even be released early in the Wii's life cycle among other terrible VC games being released in that week as well. I wouldn't mind if they were to bring out one good game among two other bad games each week at the very least. But NO!!!!!!, they bring out all crappy games to be released in that same one week!!!!!!!!! Haven't brought a new VC game since Donkey Kong Country came out. Come on Nintendo, where are all the good games at????!!!!!

They probably didn't want to hurt sales of SPM by releasing decent VC games. I'm guessing that they're saving their big guns for really dry periods. :(
y2jg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 y2jg
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts

Well I did get starfox 64 last week so I can still live off that. Plus Super Paper Mario is coming this week so I'm good. (But they better hurry with my Punch-Out!)

quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

OMG, A Fantasic week!I want all three games, they OWN!

I dont want crap like Zelda II or SMRPG(I hope nintendo destroyed the code to that pile when Square Betrayed them for sony), i want games that i loved as a kid!.

alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
I never heard of Bravoman in my life, but based on what I see here, I will have to give it a try.
stinky_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stinky_bomb
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLAS-SIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNEL

April 9, 2007

Do you have an itch to blast bug-shaped space fighters? Have you ever wondered whether Dr. Bomb was a medical doctor or a Ph.D.? Do you resolve all your disputes with a heated round of Rock, Paper, Scissors? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you'll want to pay a visit to the popular WiiTM video game system's Wii Shop Channel.

Three new clas-sic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii PointsTM to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

GalagaTM (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Players control their fighters, with their unique ability to combine with other fighters and shoot down the invading aliens. Aliens attack in formations using a variety of attack patterns. Rescue a captured fighter to combine with it, forming a Dual Fighter with twice the firepower. Earn Perfect Bonuses more easily by using a Dual Fighter on the Challenging Stages. Galaga was released in 1981 and became an instant clas-sic with its innovative fighter-combination system and varied enemy attack patterns.

BRAVOMANTM (Turbografx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): The village of Nitta has been invaded by the army of Dr. Bomb, an evil scientist who is plotting to take over the world. Facing this crisis is Bravoman, who received his powers from Alpha Man to stand up against Dr. Bomb in the name of justice. The village of Nitta consists of 22 stages - action stages that take place on the ground and shooting stages that take place underwater. Action stages use a unique control system in which the height of a jump and the distance of an attack changes depending on how long players hold down the button. Players collect the Luck Symbols that appear when they defeat enemies and give them to Lottery Man to get recovery and power-up items. Stop Dr. Bomb and bring peace to the village of Nitta and the rest of the world.

Alex KiddTM in the Enchanted Castle (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): When King Thor was kidnapped, his son, Alex Kidd, held out hope that his father would return to their kingdom on Planet Aries. Finally, it was revealed that he was being held captive on Planet Paperock. As Alex, players race to his rescue through 11 levels, battling enemies and avoiding obstacles while winning coins that will buy special items and vehicles. At the end of each level, players encounter a boss and enter into a match of "Rock, Paper, Scissors." Throwing the right symbols puts players ever closer to bringing King Thor home; throwing the wrong symbols squashes them beneath a heavy weight.

Phantom_Leo

dude u dound like u work for nintendo like ur a pro at writing these things;)

Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
How about they release some... oh I don't know... Wii games? Terrible. =\
Avatar image for YusukeUnleashed
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YusukeUnleashed
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
Look, if they release all the big titles now then you'll all be complaining in six months saying "oh, they released all the good games already  so i have nothing to download." Not to mention that people need time to beat games that they already downloaded. The shop channel has to release quality games all throughout its 5 or 6 years of life still left. Its not the end of the world just because they did'nt release super metroid or zelda II or any other big title game.
gerardinsito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gerardinsito
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts

How many days of cry do I need to get Super Metroid and Super Mario Bros. 2 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

pjmthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pjmthomas
I'll definitely be getting Galaga. I love that game. Can someone tell me if Bravoman is any good? I know nothing about the TG16 games.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Go buy Namco 50th Anniversary Collection on GameCube, you have the arcade Galaga version which it's superior than the NES version.

I would prefer Alex Kidd on the SMS. However, this one is still awesome.

Bravoman, I never heard of it. I want to try Shockman (it reminds me somehow Mega Man) and Neutopia (Hudson's answer to the 2D Zelda) on the TG-16.

pjmthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pjmthomas

Bravoman, I never heard of it. I want to try Shockman (it reminds me somehow Mega Man) and Neutopia (Hudson's answer to the 2D Zelda) on the TG-16.

chris3116
The only TG-16 game I currently have is Bonk. I never owned one and I plan on getting many more soon.
alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts
[QUOTE="slayerver1"]

Generic_Dude

None taken (I own both :P) -- that's because the XBLA version is the arcade version. Most arcade versions are better than their NES or SNES counterparts... if Nintendo gets around to releasing Contra -- the biggest exception to the rule I can think of, that will be better than the XBLA version.

In other news, what are Nintendo thinking? They release this rubbish and expect us to be happy about it? I mean, come on... Reggie said that they'd release good VC games while there was a drought. A must-own game hasn't come out for this system since Zelda. I dunno, I guess they're trying to get us to buy Super Paper Mario tomorrow... then maybe we can have TWO must-own games for our console.

It just flat-out sucks to see other regions get Legend Of The Mystical Ninja, Punch Out, Castlevania... just about every game that made the Nintendo consoles worth getting and we get stuck with Rock, Paper Scissors.

Ah, well the VC is rediculously overpriced anyway. I'm thinking about picking up an N64 (sold mine when I got a PS2) and getting whatever game I want for it, not waiting for Europe and Japan to have them all first... or for us to have to wait until they release every garbage TurboGraphix game and every obscure NES failure (not that Galaga would fall into that category, but most of the NES VC lineup does) to get pushed out first.

no kidding. let's see, an underground hacker can dump these titles so that i can play them on my laptop for free, but nintendo, the actual owner of the games, can't put them out on their emulator? how silly.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Galaga rocks:P