Valve planning to produce games on Nintendo's future console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superxtreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 superxtreme101
Member since 2010 • 422 Posts

I was reading a couple of news articles here in Gamespot and several other websites and I've come across this particular one:

Valve says Wii U 'fits better' with it's tech

Is it possible that Nintendo owners would be expecting valve to produce games on the Wii U and the fact that valve states that it fits better with it's tech raises a lot of unanswered questions.

Would Valve produce exclusive titles on the Wii U?

Will they take advantage of the Wii U's new controller?

Nintendo is being very secretive about this whole matter but one thing is for sure and it is that it's getting a tonne a third-pary support form various developers.

What games, which are developed Valve, would you like to see on the Wii U?

Half-Life, Portal or maybe a new counter-strike?

Click here to find the article

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
If I'm playing a Valve game I'm playing it on PC.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
If I'm playing a Valve game I'm playing it on PC.meetroid8
Why? If they add enough difference to PC and Wii U versions of their games I don't see any reason why you wouldn't give Wii U games a chance. Personally I don't think they will ever shut PC out because most of their loyal fanbase is installed there. But I hope we get some nice multiplats that shine through the Wii U controller.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]If I'm playing a Valve game I'm playing it on PC.Sgt_Crow
Why? If they add enough difference to PC and Wii U versions of their games I don't see any reason why you wouldn't give Wii U games a chance. Personally I don't think they will ever shut PC out because most of their loyal fanbase is installed there. But I hope we get some nice multiplats that shine through the Wii U controller.

One of the best things about Valve games is their constant support. They are always updating their games and always encouraging the mod community. That won't exist anywhere but on a PC. All of their other multiplats have just been inferior versions of the PC games. Why would it be any different on WiiU? Because they can put the hud on the controller? Woot?
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I was reading a couple of news articles here in Gamespot and several other websites and I've come across this particular one:

Valve says Wii U 'fits better' with it's tech

Is it possible that Nintendo owners would be expecting valve to produce games on the Wii U and the fact that valve states that it fits better with it's tech raises a lot of unanswered questions.

Would Valve produce exclusive titles on the Wii U? No.

Will they take advantage of the Wii U's new controller? Yes, but don't expect too much.

Nintendo is being very secretive about this whole matter but one thing is for sure and it is that it's getting a tonne a third-pary support form various developers.

What games, which are developed Valve, would you like to see on the Wii U?

Half-Life, Portal or maybe a new counter-strike? I think Portal would fit it well but Half-Life would also be cool.

Click here to find the article

superxtreme101

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
If so, it better be a Team Fortress because I despise all their other franchises.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

If so, it better be a Team Fortress because I despise all their other franchises.TheFallenDemon

TF2 would also be a good choice. Although it's a free game on the PC now. The only Valve game that would imo be senseless on the Wii U is Counter-Strike. But that's senseless on any console tbh.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

I doubt any of these small quotes will amount to anything tangible, but Valve and Nintendo should really pay attention to an untapped market. Valve games are something Nintendo fans must see as very Nintendo-like. There must be a large group of Nintendo fans who do not have proper PCs.

Valve already saw this for the other two fanbases for the other two consoles. It may ring even more true for Nintendo's fanbase.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11796 Posts

I doubt any of these small quotes will amount to anything tangible, but Valve and Nintendo should really pay attention to an untapped market. Valve games are something Nintendo fans must see as very Nintendo-like. There must be a large group of Nintendo fans who do not have proper PCs.

Valve already saw this for the other two fanbases for the other two consoles. It may ring even more true for Nintendo's fanbase.

thedude-

Well both my GF and I each have gaming pcs. Though that being said, we are getting a WiiU.

If the game looks like it will be really fun on the WiiU, then we will pass it up on our pcs. Already passing up Batman AC on the pc, to see how they utilize the new controller on the WiiU with it!

That being said, if a game isn't all that interesting on the WiiU in comparison, Or its a very multi-player focused game, We will prolly get them on pc.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

[QUOTE="thedude-"]

Lach0121

Well both my GF and I each have gaming pcs. Though that being said, we are getting a WiiU.

If the game looks like it will be really fun on the WiiU, then we will pass it up on our pcs. Already passing up Batman AC on the pc, to see how they utilize the new controller on the WiiU with it!

That being said, if a game isn't all that interesting on the WiiU in comparison, Or its a very multi-player focused game, We will prolly get them on pc.

Never before have I seen a possibility to get a console version over a PC version until the Wii U was announced. Another fully functioning screen is more than innovation, it boosts the functionality/efficiency of a game in ways that could eclipse other versions. If developers actually utilize it this time around and its not too taxing on the hardware. I expect a small portion of the global gaming audience to weigh out these options, but I could easily see there being a large group of Nintendo fans who do not have a proper PC or even a PC that does not match the Wii U's hardware strength, in addition to PC+Console owners who now have to rethink their priorities. Better graphics will still be on the PC, but better controls may be won over by some Wii U multiplats.