Underrated Wii games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Hey all! so I bought a Wii about a month ago, and I made a huge list of all the titles I wanted to pick up on the titles, and it's probably got a good 20-25 games on it. However, as I went through, I only added games that were on the list of above the 8.0 Score on IGN/Gamestop (with one or two exceptions). What I am wondering is: are there any games that didn't get scored well but are still worth playing? Basically, are there any really good underrated games or hidden gems that I should try to pick up? They don't have to be low scoring games, but I'm not looking for Zelda and Mario recommendations. Thanks guys!

P.S. random second question: is there any kind of Software Library App like the 3DS has to help you track how much total time you have spent with a particular title? Working at a game store, I like being able to tell people how long I spent with a game, and that app was wonderful on the 3DS.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

Hey all! so I bought a Wii about a month ago, and I made a huge list of all the titles I wanted to pick up on the titles, and it's probably got a good 20-25 games on it. However, as I went through, I only added games that were on the list of above the 8.0 Score on IGN/Gamestop (with one or two exceptions). What I am wondering is: are there any games that didn't get scored well but are still worth playing? Basically, are there any really good underrated games or hidden gems that I should try to pick up? They don't have to be low scoring games, but I'm not looking for Zelda and Mario recommendations. Thanks guys!

P.S. random second question: is there any kind of Software Library App like the 3DS has to help you track how much total time you have spent with a particular title? Working at a game store, I like being able to tell people how long I spent with a game, and that app was wonderful on the 3DS.

Essian
i havent checked this in ages so i could be completly wrong. but i think there is an option in the nintendo channel (where all the game vids are...you may need to download ot from the wii store) where you can view a list of titles you have played and for how long.
AtticusFinch88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AtticusFinch88
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

some underrated games worth checking out on Wii-

Battalion Wars 2
The Conduit 1 and 2
Cursed Mountain
Disaster: Day of Crisis (If it's available in your region)
Dead Rising (If you haven't played the xbox 360 version already)
Epic Mickey
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Fragile Dreams
Klonoa
Little King's Story (scored highly in most reviews, but definitely a hidden gem. No one I know who owns a wii had heard of it)
Lost in Shadow (also known as A Shadow's Tale if you're in EU)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor ( generally scored well but again, not many people have heard of it)
Wario Land: Shake It! (Wario Land: The Shake Dimension in EU)

nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

^ i 2nd little king stoy. great game.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Essian

1. Red Steel 2 is a really underrated action game

2. All the Wii COD's are underrated, they're really fun!

3. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is amazing storytelling and you HAVE to get it.

As for your second question, yeah you can track your times on the Nintendo Channel! You download it off the channels section of the Wii Shop, go to it, then on the bottom right there is a list button, click on it and it will show you all of your games ranked in order of playtime as well as the number of times you've played it, AND it has the average number of hours played per person who's played it!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
So, good games rated below an 8 average then? Going by Metacritic, Metroid Other M, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Sonic Colors, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Wario Land Shake It, Excitebots, Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Trauma Center New Blood, Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Battalion Wars 2, Elebits, Epic Mickey, and Endless Ocean.
LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

lll second Trauma Center