Umm... WTH?!0 versio

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Axelander999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 Axelander999
Member since 2008 • 431 Posts

So the Mega Man 10 Gamespot's review got posted. But isn't this a bit too late? I mean, the game has been released for about... a MONTH. But they decided to review it NOW, on the 360? Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing with the 360 (in my opinion, the site could just be renamed 360spot.com, but let that alone), but the 360 version is still the only one reviewed. The Wii version was released on March 1st on the Wii. They could have done it way, way, way earlier but they wanted so badly to do the 360 version? Are Gamespot showing their fanboyism? Yeah I know, it's ridiculous

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 UbiquitousAeon
Member since 2010 • 2099 Posts

Why does this bother you exactly? Also, GameSpot isn't composed of one person.I mean what I'm getting from this is that all of the gamespot editors decided to get together and write a review on the 360 version of Mega Man just to be fanboys? "They" isn't correct. It's a single editor. And to call GameSpot staff x360 fanboys as a whole would be ridiculous. Tom McShea wrote it..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Tom McShea just posted on System Wars, saying he downloaded the game on his own personal time, told his boss who suggested he review it. No conspiracy!
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Which makes me wonder if this is a gaming website at all if they review games at their own whim.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Which makes me wonder if this is a gaming website at all if they review games at their own whim.

LegatoSkyheart
Well GS seem to have a small staff at the mo. They don't review Wiiware/XBLA/PSN games with any frequency. It was probably a case of good fortune, that the guy had played the game himself, so wouldn't have to waste any work hours with it.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Maybe the wanted to wait for all 3 versions to come out, just on the occasion that one of the versions may have ended up being different in some way, for better or worse?

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

Why does this bother you exactly? Also, GameSpot isn't composed of one person.I mean what I'm getting from this is that all of the gamespot editors decided to get together and write a review on the 360 version of Mega Man just to be fanboys? "They" isn't correct. It's a single editor. And to call GameSpot staff x360 fanboys as a whole would be ridiculous. Tom McShea wrote it..

UbiquitousAeon
you haven't been here long have u...
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
its gs does anyone really take there reviews serious, and it really doesn't matter if its the 360 version the game is the same on all systems, and the guy most likely isn't a megaman fan
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

its gs does anyone really take there reviews serious, and it really doesn't matter if its the 360 version the game is the same on all systems, and the guy most likely isn't a megaman fanelbert_b_23

Yeah actually, quite alot of use read their reviews and enjoy them!

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]its gs does anyone really take there reviews serious, and it really doesn't matter if its the 360 version the game is the same on all systems, and the guy most likely isn't a megaman fankenakuma

Quite a lot being you? I don't know everyone, but I would guess most people don't go to GS for reviews and news anymore. There's been a massive drop in quality.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

locopatho

Well GS seem to have a small staff at the mo. They don't review Wiiware/XBLA/PSN games with any frequency. It was probably a case of good fortune, that the guy had played the game himself, so wouldn't have to waste any work hours with it.

I guess that makes sense. I do find it silly that I would get so mad over this.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]its gs does anyone really take there reviews serious, and it really doesn't matter if its the 360 version the game is the same on all systems, and the guy most likely isn't a megaman fangoblaa

Quite a lot being you? I don't know everyone, but I would guess most people don't go to GS for reviews and news anymore. There's been a massive drop in quality.

Well I don't know about you but the last few times we had threads trying to attack GS reviews quite a few people came out and showed their support for GS and at the end it was quite obvious that theirs a lot of support behind GS although its usually quite which isnt a suprise as the people complaining are always the loudest and tend to stand out way more!

That and didn't GS just pass IGN in hits last month or something, that also says something about how many people still use GS!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
while i agree that it's stupid that they waited until the 360 version was out to review, the game is exactly the same, so the 360 review applies for the wii and PS3 versions too.