ultra street fighter 2 thought impressions thread -digital foundry inside-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ok...

first of all....this game didn't launch at midnight on the eshop.... i stayed up all night for nothing.

people say its light on content and it is but there are so many options!

1.record matches...it records you last 50 matches...this is cool

2.player stats- your win loss records....time played.... which character you win more with..times you used each character...longest win streak...and so on

3. 10 colors of each characters choose from...

4. choice of new announcer and sounds or old announcer and sounds....

5. unlockable title cards....seems to be the only unlockables in the game. there is about 100 titles! to unlock.

cons....

so far the biggest gripe i have is the classic graphics mode is limited to 4:3 aspect ratio... this is a bit of a bummer.

--------------------

so yea.....basically if you have no friends to play with....this is basically an online battle game....

i like online but i do get a bit nervous playing 1vs1....where as with smash bros it is a lot more funny and less serious.....in sf2 it's a bit more intense.

this game is just as light on content as sf5....or as having an arcade cabinet in your home.

and that's ok. that's what fighting games have always been.

-----------------------

oh.... the controls!

the game plays awesome with the analog stick.. amazing... i think i can do moves better with analog stick than with the dpad back in the snes days!

i tried the joycon on its side and with the grip......um for me... i find its easier to do the moves with the grip. the sideways joycon sometimes the move didnt come out exactly how i wanted....with the grip it was a bit more consistent... still very playable with a sideways joycon so those worries can be laid to rest.

don't have a pro controller yet.....

also...i have an 8bitdo controller coming in the mail..... i regret buying it now that i see easy it is to do the moves with the analog stick. even easier than when i used dpad before.

but i suppose the 8bitdo will be cool for indie games and 2d side scroller and stuff :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KBFloYd

just played through arcade mode a couple times...

i played on tough first...was able to beat the game without using a continue...i unlocked a title card

then i tried it on master....had to use like 5 or 6 continues....no titled unlocked when i beat it. gues you cant use a continue to unlock the title card?

Asleepdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Asleepdan
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Can someone explain the LITE controller option? it says it allows you to assign specials/supers to buttons, but when i go into the menu options at the very bottom all there is

Touch 1
Touch 2
Touch 3
Touch 4

With no way to assign them to an actual button what am i missing here?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KBFloYd

@asleepdan said:

Can someone explain the LITE controller option? it says it allows you to assign specials/supers to buttons, but when i go into the menu options at the very bottom all there is

Touch 1

Touch 2

Touch 3

Touch 4

With no way to assign them to an actual button what am i missing here?

either they are preassigned or....

idk...i havnt played handheld mode yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I will pass on USF2. I think there is just too much working against it to make it a worthwhile purchase for me, personally. Seeing that I just bought Disgaea 5, and in less than a month I'm getting ARMS and then Cave Story... I just have to make choices. And while the $40 price tag is better than $60, it's still hard to justify this purchase at that price. I still have to get MK8 sometime, let's not forget!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd

lol at the comment section.... damage control up the ass.... just xbox/playstation fanboys trying to outdue each other to see who can crack the best joke at the game at capcom's expense lol.

Loading Video...