Twilight Princess - Wii VS GameCube

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DrDazzle
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
So, one of these days, I want to own a Wii as my next next-gen console. One of the few games avaiable right now that I would get, would be Twilight Princess. I have heard a few times that the GC version was more enjoyable than the Wii version, and that the Wii elements felt tacked on. Can anyone vouch for this? People that have played both that is, not just some rediculous fan boy?
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
Wii version is better. Controls feel tacked on, as in it doesn't feel like it was made from the ground up on the Wii, not that they are bad. Controls are definitely better with aiming ranged weapons (slingshot, bow and arrow) and also the enjoyable mini game of fishing!
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

Wii version

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts
I own the wii version and havent played the cube version, its hard to say since the cube version was the "original" version. The wii version is mirrored from the cube version, if that makes a real impact i'm not sure but the motion controls are pretty awesome so if you have the chance i'd recommend the wii version with the true 16:9 ratio.
Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

Wii version is better. Controls feel tacked on, as in it doesn't feel like it was made from the ground up on the Wii, not that they are bad. Controls are definitely better with aiming ranged weapons (slingshot, bow and arrow) and also the enjoyable mini game of fishing!starwarsgeek112

Yeah, I would have to agree just based on the aiming controls, like you said. Sword swinging works just fine, nothing spectacular, but does the same thing pushing a button would do. Plus it's 16X9 widescreen if that matters to you.

DrDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrDazzle
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
Alright. Is the game easy to control with the Wii controls? I played Corruption for a sec at my EB Games, and I guess because the sensor bar was positioned weird and I switched them for left handed, it played crazy bad. But I know better than to go off my first real experience with the Wii (the only game I have really played was Wii Play and Wii Sports).
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Prince_Denspion

Alright. Is the game easy to control with the Wii controls? I played Corruption for a sec at my EB Games, and I guess because the sensor bar was positioned weird and I switched them for left handed, it played crazy bad. But I know better than to go off my first real experience with the Wii (the only game I have really played was Wii Play and Wii Sports).DrDazzle

you'll get used to it over time, but its pretty cool

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
Wii version
gorilaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gorilaboy
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts
Alright. Is the game easy to control with the Wii controls? I played Corruption for a sec at my EB Games, and I guess because the sensor bar was positioned weird and I switched them for left handed, it played crazy bad. But I know better than to go off my first real experience with the Wii (the only game I have really played was Wii Play and Wii Sports).DrDazzle
The problem is that at EB games you're probably to close to the sensor bar. Unfortunately, if your not a certain distance away from the censor bar the aiming goes wacko, but preview counters usually have you right in front of the screens.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
As a Zelda fan I was utterly disapointed...
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Prince_Denspion

As a Zelda fan I was utterly disapointed...Relys

i think it was the best looking zelda game, but not the best zelda game, I was really into A link to the Past on the SNES, that was a great Zelda game. It had lots of atmosphere.

RRR23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 RRR23
Member since 2007 • 2495 Posts
the Wii version is a port
SolidSnake1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidSnake1125
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="Relys"]As a Zelda fan I was utterly disapointed...Prince_Denspion

i think it was the best looking zelda game, but not the best zelda game, I was really into A link to the Past on the SNES, that was a great Zelda game. It had lots of atmosphere.

the story in this game was soo deep and the feeling of despair and the world being lost truly and completely enthralled me in the game, i think it was an amazing game.
nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
[QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

[QUOTE="Relys"]As a Zelda fan I was utterly disapointed...SolidSnake1125

the story in this game was soo deep and the feeling of despair and the world being lost truly and completely enthralled me in the game, i think it was an amazing game.

First off, posting a coment about the quality of TP is likelighting the fuse of a barrel of gun powder; people havevery strong opinions about this game.I am pretty sure that creator of this thread did not want this to become yet another TP debate thread. Anyway, I got this game when it came out, and I thought it was one of the best games of all time. And now I am almost done with my second time through, and my opinion has only been re-enforce.
HDShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 HDShadow
Member since 2005 • 2241 Posts
I don't really like Zelda. But I LOVED TP.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake1125"][QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

[QUOTE="Relys"]As a Zelda fan I was utterly disapointed...nasty_butler16

First off, posting a coment about the quality of TP is likelighting the fuse of a barrel of gun powder; people havevery strong opinions about this game.I am pretty sure that creator of this thread did not want this to become yet another TP debate thread. Anyway, I got this game when it came out, and I thought it was one of the best games of all time. And now I am almost done with my second time through, and my opinion has only been re-enforce.

See, I'm a huge Zelda fan and I was disappointed with it too. I just didn't get that feeling that I've gotten from every other Zelda game... even Wind Waker, which I was MUCH more skeptical about than this one. Of course, my expectations were set very high for this one so maybe that's it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I've only beaten the Wii version, don't know 'bout the cube. It did not feel tacked on to me it controlled very well and was great.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
The only reason I didn't enjoy LoZ:TP as much as I could've is because it seemed almost EXACTLY like Metroid Prime 2: Echos story-wise. Light world/dark world. Collecting insect tears which let you into boss areas/getting the light energy back or getting the keys. There were so many similarities that I can't even remember them all. It just seemed like the concept was so unoriginal that it just really bummed me out. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it just seemed unoriginal which is a HUGE dissapointment considering that it's a Zelda game. That and the total lack of replay value makes it a little dissapointing to me. I'd go with the Wii version though. Even though GS game the GC version a .1 higher score...
gorilaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gorilaboy
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts
[QUOTE="nasty_butler16"][QUOTE="SolidSnake1125"][QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

[QUOTE="Relys"]As a Zelda fan I was utterly disapointed...Generic_Dude

See, I'm a huge Zelda fan and I was disappointed with it too. I just didn't get that feeling that I've gotten from every other Zelda game... even Wind Waker, which I was MUCH more skeptical about than this one. Of course, my expectations were set very high for this one so maybe that's it.

I think the problem is that the characters in this game really don't connect like they do in the other Zelda games. However, I'm still annoyed by people who call the game bad, as it overshadows almost every non-Zelda game I've played (Which says a lot, considering the library of PC and console games I've absorbed). The real problem is that those who call the game crap fail to compare it to non-Zelda games.
Darkness-zora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkness-zora
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
ive played the wii version but not the gc, but i think the button attack is much better than waggle, but the targeting with the bow, claw shot is very well done on the wii
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

The controls while not the best, they still add a little to the game and make it imo better, for example the Wii mote speaker, smaller more comfortable controller and better shooting controls.

Starvin-Artist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Starvin-Artist
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I think TP on the Wii is probably one of the best games out for the system, if not the best. I just hate hooking up my GC because it loks so clunky and horrible.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

the wii is so useless it cant even beat a gc!!!haha!!get a 360nj123

That was just an inane and completely off-topic statement . You get no style points and you lose a turn.