Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
Metroid Prime 3: brilliant controls, impressive graphics, insanely good campaign, WiiConnect24, Achievements, tons of extras, and it's just damn good. :D
Quiksilver0519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Quiksilver0519
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

I'll probably be picking up a Wii soon... for those of you who played and finished both, which would you recommend?justlp87

lmao any1 that finished mp3 already must really love the game, i'd say both, but since u have to choose it depends which u like better, zelda or metroid?

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Both
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
They're both good, but MP3 is better IMO
0starter0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 0starter0
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts
MP3 first, then Zelda.
Quiksilver0519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Quiksilver0519

They're both good, but MP3 is better IMOthriteenthmonke

it's make sense that mp3 is better, fps is sometimes better than rpgs.

yaceka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yaceka
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
Metroid Prime 3.
yaceka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yaceka
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts

[QUOTE="thriteenthmonke"]They're both good, but MP3 is better IMOQuiksilver0519

Metroid Prime 3 - FPA - First Person Adventure
Zelda - Action Adventure

Quiksilver0519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Quiksilver0519
[QUOTE="Quiksilver0519"]

[QUOTE="thriteenthmonke"]They're both good, but MP3 is better IMOyaceka

Metroid Prime 3 - FPA - First Person Adventure
Zelda - Action Adventure

lol my bad

CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
I got Metroid Prime 3 Thursday and so far it is absolutely fantastic. I'd go with it if you can't get both, but both are must-haves for all Wii owners
mllrmatt8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mllrmatt8
Member since 2007 • 626 Posts
I'm nearly done with Metroid Prime 3. If you get a wii you have to get both. My favorite is twilight princess but only because the campaine in longer. But Metroid is amazing too.
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flowingluc
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
seriously guy, buy both! theyre both the sickest games everrr.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Metroid. I haven't finished it, but it's soooo good.

TP is also good and far longer, but Metroid has 3 differnt difficulty settings for atleast one more time through the game. TP might be better to pick up once Nintendo releases those "greatest hits" games.

But i agree with everybody else, if you can get both and can't wait till BWii or Manhunt, do so.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Prime 3
ACDC19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 ACDC19
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts

Prime 3

Daseffects12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Daseffects12
Member since 2005 • 597 Posts

zelda

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
MP3 because it was built for the Wii and thus works and feels better, but IMO Zelda and Metroid are the same and I can't choose and it comes down to weather you wont to shoot emery's and solve puzzles? or hack and slash emery's and solve puzzles.
fizzlegloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 fizzlegloop
Member since 2007 • 692 Posts
I play the legend ofZelda twilight princess. I think that its the best game ever made. I played the Metroid prime demo that came with the NintendoDS and thought that it was a good game =D I don't know about the version for the Wii. From what I am hearing its a good game. But then again I really don't play games that much and twilight princess made me play my Wii a lot more. Hope I helped.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

They're both great but MP3 is better. Great graphics, controls, story, extras, and especially art direction.

Get TP after you get MP3. But if your budget is up to it then get both.

src77x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 src77x
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
there both fun
gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gazoz
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
you can't go wrong either way. After getting them both, get super paper mario. Mario Galaxy should be out by the time you're done. And Super Smash Bros after that. Also get not so epic but great games if you needeven more!
fizzlegloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 fizzlegloop
Member since 2007 • 692 Posts

you can't go wrong either way. After getting them both, get super paper mario. Mario Galaxy should be out by the time you're done. And Super Smash Bros after that. Also get not so epic but great games if you needeven more!gazoz

Heh thats a great idea. If your parents dont mind why not get both?

PANDADjCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PANDADjCK
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
Seriously save 100 dollars and get both because they are both incredible games.
ZeroWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZeroWil
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts

I would say get MP3 first. While Zelda is longer, I would wait for the price drop. Besides, MP3 has a LOT of replay value. Mainly if you're into getting all the extras, since they'll requiremore than one playthrough to get right amount of medals.

Or....you could just buy Zelda and possibly MP3 used. That could always work.

Nomadandsuzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nomadandsuzie
Member since 2005 • 321 Posts

When you buy a Wii, you WILL get both TP and MP3 eventually. If you had to start with one, I would say choose MP3. I say this because you should start off with a game that shows you the true potential for the Wii. MP3 will show you the graphics and controls that the Wii is capable of, and TP will not. That is only because in truth, TP is a Game Cube port. TP is an awesome game and you MUST play it eventually, but to impress yourself and your friends start with MP3. Another reason to start with MP3 is that it jumps right into the action, and that is the best way to get going on the Wii. TP takes much longer to get the story going and get into the action. TP is also much longer, and if you are like me, you like to finish a game before starting the next one. If you do not rush through TP it could take you a month or more to complete it.

In any case, I am really curious to hear which one you picked and why. Please post your choice here for us to see. And remember, there is no wrong choice in this case.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I'd recommend Zelda first.

I'm finding the controls in Metroid Prime 3 extremely frusterating and am feeling that they wind up detracting from the gameplay. If you move the remote too far to the left, it gets confused and Samus starts spinning slowly to the right. If you look up and then try to look left while looking up...you can't. You have to center the screen, look left and then up again.

Also I was at this part when I died a few times in a row...and each time I had to sit and watch the level reload under the guise of Samus's ship flying through the sky (which looks like it's dangling from a string by the way). When I play Halo and Bioshock and die in any of those games, I'm instantly placed back at the last checkpoint. So having to sit through an elongated loading screen/ video sequence makes me feel like the Wii is deliberately trapping me back in 2001.

And another thing about Metroid Prime 3 is the exploration...or lack there of. The entire game so far just feels like battle after battle after battle. I'm still waiting for the superb level of exploration provided by previous Metroid titles. Metroid Prime 1 felt like you were exploring ancient ruins in a lost civilization. I haven't gotten the same feeling from MP3 yet.

I haven't beaten it yet mind you, my opinion is based solely on what I've played so far. Hopefully the game will get better.

Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts
Well Absolutley BOTH!!!! - D You will NOT be Sorry!!! GReat Gaming and you need THem Both! - D
littlefugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 littlefugue
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

When you buy a Wii, you WILL get both TP and MP3 eventually. If you had to start with one, I would say choose MP3. I say this because you should start off with a game that shows you the true potential for the Wii. MP3 will show you the graphics and controls that the Wii is capable of, and TP will not. That is only because in truth, TP is a Game Cube port. TP is an awesome game and you MUST play it eventually, but to impress yourself and your friends start with MP3. Another reason to start with MP3 is that it jumps right into the action, and that is the best way to get going on the Wii. TP takes much longer to get the story going and get into the action. TP is also much longer, and if you are like me, you like to finish a game before starting the next one. If you do not rush through TP it could take you a month or more to complete it.

In any case, I am really curious to hear which one you picked and why. Please post your choice here for us to see. And remember, there is no wrong choice in this case.

Nomadandsuzie

Quoted for truth.

Both are great games, but MP3 is a great Wii game.

Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts

I'd recommend Zelda first.

I'm finding the controls in Metroid Prime 3 extremely frusterating and am feeling that they wind up detracting from the gameplay. If you move the remote too far to the left, it gets confused and Samus starts spinning slowly to the right. If you look up and then try to look left while looking up...you can't. You have to center the screen, look left and then up again.

Also I was at this part when I died a few times in a row...and each time I had to sit and watch the level reload under the guise of Samus's ship flying through the sky (which looks like it's dangling from a string by the way). When I play Halo and Bioshock and die in any of those games, I'm instantly placed back at the last checkpoint. So having to sit through an elongated loading screen/ video sequence makes me feel like the Wii is deliberately trapping me back in 2001.

And another thing about Metroid Prime 3 is the exploration...or lack there of. The entire game so far just feels like battle after battle after battle. I'm still waiting for the superb level of exploration provided by previous Metroid titles. Metroid Prime 1 felt like you were exploring ancient ruins in a lost civilization. I haven't gotten the same feeling from MP3 yet.

I haven't beaten it yet mind you, my opinion is based solely on what I've played so far. Hopefully the game will get better.

chefstubbies

I LOVE Zelda Twilight Princess but I do think that you're all wrong about the Controls in MEtroid PRime 3:Corruption>>>

I find them to be Spectacular and you CAN aim Diagonally, I dont know why you think you have to reCenter and go left then up.

I've never had a Problem with that at all>>>>>

Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Do it.

ssrrdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ssrrdd
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts
Buy both there both good , but if you had to pick one or the other , I'd say twilight princess