Trauma Team Thread! (56k maybe)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

Official site

theres only a trailer on the site, and some screenshots, but from these you can gather that you will be playing the role as six different doctors, who have six different specialties. From the trailer it looks like multiplayer makes a return in this installment.

this gamespot article speaks mostly of the art $tyle involved, which is about all I can find on it anywhere. Wii motion plus was rumored on wikipedia, but i wont post it until something more solid is proven.

More info to come when more is given, which may be at this coming comic-con

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
i picked up Second Opinion some weeks ago for a budget price and i really like it. and the artstyle looks even cooler now.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
i like the trauma center games, very unique and classy and groundbreaking ,all in one.Its hardcore selling on wii at its best too.But my only complain is cosmetic, i rather have animated cutscenes than stills during gameplay.Other than that, i love them.Cant wait for trauma team.I do recommend this games for pairs of gamers tho, it makes the game easier .
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I got New Blood yesterday and really like it :) Hopefully I'll manage to complete it before Trauma Team comes out.. its asking a lot though. All Atlus games I've played have been incredibly difficult heh.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
I only played the DS one and it murdered me. It was insanely hard. I got to a mission where I had to do 5 operations in 10 minutes. Its just too much. Could they perhaps NOT be fighting against crazy shark bacteria and just be doing doctor things like removing glass from a cut or whatever. If thats the case I'd be much more inclined to getting it.
cloud_97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cloud_97
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
can t wait for trauma team I like the option to chose what you do
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 garrett_duffman
I only played the DS one and it murdered me. It was insanely hard. I got to a mission where I had to do 5 operations in 10 minutes. Its just too much. Could they perhaps NOT be fighting against crazy shark bacteria and just be doing doctor things like removing glass from a cut or whatever. If thats the case I'd be much more inclined to getting it.snowman6251
on the wiki page it also says that the game intends to be more of a hospital sim rather than the arcade-style, but as I said before it WAS wiki, so once something more realistic is posted on the matter I'll update
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i suffered a bit playing new blood on easy, but it was sooooooo awesome :P like what i did with new blood, i'll rent it and beat it in a single weekend. on easy :P if i have time, i try normal.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i suffered a bit playing new blood on easy, but it was sooooooo awesome :P like what i did with new blood, i'll rent it and beat it in a single weekend. on easy :P if i have time, i try normal.

I have yet to get new blood, I just bought second opinion (chapter 3 right now) and im really looking forward to new blood
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

I only played the DS one and it murdered me. It was insanely hard. I got to a mission where I had to do 5 operations in 10 minutes. Its just too much. Could they perhaps NOT be fighting against crazy shark bacteria and just be doing doctor things like removing glass from a cut or whatever. If thats the case I'd be much more inclined to getting it.snowman6251

I prefer it the way that it is. My favorite thing about Second Opinion (the only TC game I've played) was how it was like a kind of action/puzzler game, and that's because of those crazy kinds of surgeries. If they could manage to keep that feeling with normal operations, I wouldn't mind, otherwise, I'd definitely prefer the crazy action/puzzle kind of surgery.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this game, especially the non-surgery stories. I want to see how they play, and how they fit into that action/puzzler feeling. I can actually see some of them leaning a lot more heavily on the action side, while others lean toward the puzzle side, though there will probably always be a kind of mix between the two. I'm just hoping they'll turn out as great and unique as the operations on Second Opinion were, and hopefully the surgeries in this game will be as well.

Also, one thing I'm hoping with this game is that it will be less repetitive. Obviously, with the different stories and gameplay styles, it will almost definitely help out in the regard. But more importantly, will each gameplay style be varied enough by themselves? One of the few complaints I did have about Second Opinion was that there were so many of the same kinds of things done over and over again, like with recurring strains of the GUILT virus. I'm hoping they'll be able to mix it up more than that with this one.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="snowman6251"]I only played the DS one and it murdered me. It was insanely hard. I got to a mission where I had to do 5 operations in 10 minutes. Its just too much. Could they perhaps NOT be fighting against crazy shark bacteria and just be doing doctor things like removing glass from a cut or whatever. If thats the case I'd be much more inclined to getting it.Hungry_Homer111

I prefer it the way that it is. My favorite thing about Second Opinion (the only TC game I've played) was how it was like a kind of action/puzzler game, and that's because of those crazy kinds of surgeries. If they could manage to keep that feeling with normal operations, I wouldn't mind, otherwise, I'd definitely prefer the crazy action/puzzle kind of surgery.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this game, especially the non-surgery stories. I want to see how they play, and how they fit into that action/puzzler feeling. I can actually see some of them leaning a lot more heavily on the action side, while others lean toward the puzzle side, though there will probably always be a kind of mix between the two. I'm just hoping they'll turn out as great and unique as the operations on Second Opinion were, and hopefully the surgeries in this game will be as well.

Also, one thing I'm hoping with this game is that it will be less repetitive. Obviously, with the different stories and gameplay styles, it will almost definitely help out in the regard. But more importantly, will each gameplay style be varied enough by themselves? One of the few complaints I did have about Second Opinion was that there were so many of the same kinds of things done over and over again, like with recurring strains of the GUILT virus. I'm hoping they'll be able to mix it up more than that with this one.

I'm not outright against those diseases but they were just extremely difficult and it made it impossible for me to beat the game. My record was getting up to the third patient. Its just not enough time.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I'm not outright against those diseases but they were just extremely difficult and it made it impossible for me to beat the game. My record was getting up to the third patient. Its just not enough time.snowman6251
I do have to say, I do see where you're coming from. It also took me forever to get past that, and a few other later missions in Second Opinion, but I did eventually. In the end, I don't mind if they have missions that hard in this one, because I can see myself enjoying it as much as SO (or even more, depending on how good the new gameplay styles are), but I can definitely understand why you might not want it to get that frustrating, and honestly I would hate to be my Wiimote or TV if there are missions that hard on here. :P
MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 MischiefmAker
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

I wonder if the guy with the cigarette is gonna smoke while performing operations.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I wonder if the guy with the cigarette is gonna smoke while performing operations.

MischiefmAker

Why not it isn't real life so and the artstyle is anime style. But I saw some screens in Nintendo Power were his cigarette wasn't in his mouth and I think that is because he was performing operations at that time. All the other times he is smoking.

MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 MischiefmAker
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="MischiefmAker"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Why not it isn't real life so and the artstyle is anime style. But I saw some screens in Nintendo Power were his cigarette wasn't in his mouth and I think that is because he was performing operations at that time. All the other times he is smoking.

Too bad, that woulda been funny (to me, anyway :P).

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i love the trauma center games this one looks to be the best with 6 different doctors eatch in own field of work now its not in surgery only, the game looks brilliant its a shame that its set for 2010 release