trade in credit for wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

Hey guys

i have been trying to sell my wii and i am not getting any intrest in it. Even for the low price of 80$ with a bunch of extras there are no takers. So i thought i would trade in my wii at eb games in canada. Do you guys know how much its worth? i heard 50$ some where but i am not sure. I want to get Ni no kuni seems like a waste to not only lose a system but need to spend extra money to get one game.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (36147 posts) -
Call them? Pretty sure you won't even get 30$
#3 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

Call them? Pretty sure you won't even get 30$MonsieurX

No it has to be more then that

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (36147 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Call them? Pretty sure you won't even get 30$osirisx3

I doubt it.
#5 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3523 posts) -
You'll get a lot more money selling it to a stranger than selling it to Gamestop. I sold mine for $110 with 4 games.
#6 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Call them? Pretty sure you won't even get 30$osirisx3

It was at 20-25 trade in like 6 months ago... So... Yeah. You're overestimating the value of your Wii.
#7 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Call them? Pretty sure you won't even get 30$WreckEm711

It was at 20-25 trade in like 6 months ago... So... Yeah. You're overestimating the value of your Wii.

Um no

what i saw was an old add saying get an extra 10$ when you trade your wii console in towards the wii u and it was 60$ to 10 less is 50$. No way some one would sell a console for 20$.

#8 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"][QUOTE="osirisx3"]

osirisx3

Um no

what i saw was an old add saying get an extra 10$ when you trade your wii console in towards the wii u and it was 60$ to 10 less is 50$. No way some one would sell a console for 20$.

I'm telling you factually that it was 20-25 about six months ago, there was a big hoopla over it because the PS2 had higher trade in value than it at the time. It may have gone up since then, but you're still getting a lot less than you keep thinking it's worth, it's a Wii, not a priceless gem, you'll be ok :P

#9 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"] It was at 20-25 trade in like 6 months ago... So... Yeah. You're overestimating the value of your Wii.WreckEm711

Um no

I'm telling you factually that it was 20-25 about six months ago, there was a big hoopla over it because the PS2 had higher trade in value than it at the time. It may have gone up since then, but you're still getting a lot less than you keep thinking it's worth, it's a Wii, not a priceless gem, you'll be ok :P

idk then i will have to call them on the morrow. I have been trying to sell it but no one wants it even at 80 with extra stuff like HD cables and digital games.

#10 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

Um no

osirisx3

idk then i will have to call them on the morrow. I have been trying to sell it but no one wants it even at 80 with extra stuff like HD cables and digital games.

From the list of Gamestop/EB games trade values:

Nintendo Wii
Wii Console $25
Wii Remote $4
Wii Nunchuk $2.50

If you have a powerup card you can trade the console for $40 instead.

#11 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Nintendo Wii
Wii Console $25
Wii Remote $4
Wii Nunchuk $2.50

What the hell is a powerup card? is that the card where you get 10% off used stuff? Are those prices canadian?

#12 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

osirisx3

Nintendo Wii
Wii Console $25
Wii Remote $4
Wii Nunchuk $2.50

What the hell is a powerup card? is that the card where you get 10% off used stuff? Are those prices canadian?

Yeah it's the discount card. The prices are USD, you'd have to do the canadian conversion :P

#13 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Nintendo Wii
Wii Console $25
Wii Remote $4
Wii Nunchuk $2.50

WreckEm711

Yeah it's the discount card. The prices are USD, you'd have to do the canadian conversion :P

would be around the same price here then. As long as they don't have different pricing here. I have the EB edge card so im guessing thats it.

#14 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

osirisx3

would be around the same price here then. As long as they don't have different pricing here. I have the EB edge card so im guessing thats it.

Yeah the GameStop card was originally called an Edge card, so that should carry over if the promotion is still doing. Honestly you're better off holding onto it and hoping it goes up in price over time or something.

#15 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

just to update you guys i got 35$ for the system. I forgot the AV cables and the guy didn't notice. Do you think they will call me up looking for it?

#16 Posted by SaintSatan (1884 posts) -

just to update you guys i got 35$ for the system. I forgot the AV cables and the guy didn't notice. Do you think they will call me up looking for it?

osirisx3
They can't. It's their fault.
#17 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

k3ck

They can't. It's their fault.

oh good