This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts

I'm looking for a good RPG type game and I have narrowed it down to 3 games.

Castlevania: POR; I've never played a Castlevania game before but after reading the review, it sounds quite fun. Also which is better POR or Dawn of Sorrows $35

Lunar Knights; This one also seems cool as well, and I seem to be leaning towards this one the most $30

Final Fantasy 3; I've never played FF, but a lot of people seem to like this. $40

Please feel free to give any suggestions.

*DTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 *DTH
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts

I'm looking for a good RPG type game and I have narrowed it down to 3 games.

Castlevania: POR; I've never played a Castlevania game before but after reading the review, it sounds quite fun. Also which is better POR or Dawn of Sorrows $35

Lunar Knights; This one also seems cool as well, and I seem to be leaning towards this one the most $30

Final Fantasy 3; I've never played FF, but a lot of people seem to like this. $40

Please feel free to give any suggestions.

Blu_Falcon37

I haven't played Lunar Knights or FF3, but I like more story-driven RPGs which FF3 sadly doesn't deliver on. For the record, Castlevania isn't really an RPG. It has some RPG elements, but the story is lackluster. (Honestly that doesn't bother me because Castlevania is so freakin' awesome) As for which one is better, I personally enjoyed Dawn of Sorrow more. It doesn't really matter which one you get, because they're essentially the same game. (Not a bad thing, by the way) I would get one of them and then, if you like it, pick up the other one afterwards.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I'm not a fan of Castlevania myself. Lunar Knights looks great, and I'm getting it sometime soon, but I don't have any info on it other than it's a continuation of the Boktai series. FF3 is omg amazing in my opinion. Don't know if it's the best FF to start with, though. Also, my fav RPG is Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. Beat it and traded it in, though :( All three(or four I guess) would be the ideal way to go ;)
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

I say Lunar Knights, looks like too much fun. You can't really go wrong with either Fin Fan or Castlevania though.

Azn_Tomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Azn_Tomato
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
FF4/5/6(coming) for the GBA are better than 3 for the DS.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 boboboj
Member since 2005 • 3932 Posts
You can get FF3 for $35. But i think you should get.........................................Castlevania PoR really geat game then get FF3 unless you dont like RPGs but yeah get PoR oneof the best games on the DS
AzureCuzYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 AzureCuzYeah
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
Castlavania is a great game. Gamespot reviewers slurped all over it, but its not a RPG.