TOO many accessories?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts

Well Nintendo is suppose to make a plenty of accessories to their consoles. Thats their THING but, lately it seems that if you want to get the most out of the Wii they are forcing (not really forcing but highly promoting) that if you dont get these accessories you may or may not be able to play future games its annoying.

First it was the Wii Balance Board. At first I thought I needed it. Now the motion plus which well I dunno.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

So you're complaining about 2 things?

Your limit is two?

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vexx88

Your limit is two?

Jaysonguy
Oh, really now :o? I don't see the guy on patrol
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i just wish theyd sell the balance board separate for those who dont want wii fit! considering how many games are coming out with functionality for it...seems like a no-brainer
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Your limit is two?

Vexx88

Oh, really now :o? I don't see the guy on patrol

Yes, really now. You complained about two things. One of which is one of if not the most financially successful accessory ever, the other dramatically improves motion tracking and effectively kills waggle.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

No, first it was the Wii Wheel. Then it was the Wii Zapper. Next the Balance Board. Then the Wii Motion Plus.

I owned all four (I sold my Wii Wheel), but you don't need any of them, so why should it bother you?

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vexx88

No, first it was the Wii Wheel. Then it was the Wii Zapper. Next the Balance Board. Then the Wii Motion Plus.

I owned all four (I sold my Wii Wheel), but you don't need any of them, so why should it bother you?

awssk8er716
Well I mean the first 2 I cared about. It seems like you have to get them is all. Like it seems you have to get them eventually.
jukitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 jukitup
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

the wii wheel and zapper are just pieces of plastic and will never be required.. there are a lot of junk accessories out there such as the wii sports package, but a balance board and a motion plus? not too many if you ask me.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Vexx88

Well I mean the first 2 I cared about. It seems like you have to get them is all. Like it seems you have to get them eventually.

No, not at all

The only two you need to play the games are the balance board and the Wiimotion Plus

That's it, 2 items

WEINER-GOBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WEINER-GOBLIN
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

i just wish theyd sell the balance board separate for those who dont want wii fit! considering how many games are coming out with functionality for it...seems like a no-brainerstarwarsjunky
It's trapping people into paying 90 dollars for something that is about 40, which is milking our money

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]i just wish theyd sell the balance board separate for those who dont want wii fit! considering how many games are coming out with functionality for it...seems like a no-brainerWEINER-GOBLIN
It's trapping people into paying 90 dollars for something that is about 40.

No, double that

The software is just about free for the whole bundle

The balance board works like two more Wiimotes so how much is a Wiimote costing these days? 35 or so? So you have two of those in the balance board

Plus the balance board is made tougher then the Wiimotes to deal with people stepping on it all the time

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]i just wish theyd sell the balance board separate for those who dont want wii fit! considering how many games are coming out with functionality for it...seems like a no-brainerWEINER-GOBLIN
It's trapping people into paying 90 dollars for something that is about 40.

which i will NOT do...sell it separately if you want my money nintendo! correct me if im wrong but wasnt nintendo complaining when retailers wouldnt sell the wii except in a bundle?? they're doing the same b.s. they were whining about!!!
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Honestly, I don't think that there are enough games out there requiring the use of accessories like the Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus. At the moment, they seem to be optional control schemes to play games more than they are a driving control force for games. I do expect this to change a bit once MotionPlus establishes itself better, but as for the balance board, I don't think I can say the same. While I would love to see the thing put to better use, fitness titles are the only games pushing use of the balance board these days.

So yeah, can't say I fully agree with you here. :P