Tons of XBOX Games Supposedly Coming to Switch

#1 Edited by Ovirew (9034 posts) -

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/22/xbox-game-pass-coming-to-switch-ori-luckys-tale-reports/

So as part of the recent talks between Microsoft and Nintendo, apparently several XBox One games that can run on the Switch will be directly ported to the system, while more intensive games will be streamable on the system via GamePass.

Of particular mention are the games Ori and the Blind Forest, and Super Lucky's Tale. Also mentioned by a French news source is Cuphead. These games would likely be released as Switch ports.

If GamePass comes to Switch, that potentially means The Master Chief Collection is coming to Switch - it would be interesting to see if Nintendo just makes the Switch compatible with the XBox One controller, or if they make these games playable on the Pro or Gamecube controllers.

Having played Ori and Cuphead a bit before, I can say these would be some great additions to the Switch library. It might also suggest that the sequel to Ori is coming our way.

There have also been rumors circling that PlatinumGames' Scalebound, cancelled a few years back, may be resurfacing as a Switch and XBox One title.

If it turns out to be true, this is pretty amazing news for Nintendo and Microsoft. What do you all think about it?

#2 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

These are crazy days we're living, did not see this alliance coming.

If this is true then good for both of them, and us of course! I would be most hyped for Ori and the Blind Forest/Will of the Wisps and Cuphead.

#3 Posted by Speeny (1661 posts) -

Wow, I really wasn't expecting this. Hope they port Rare Replay. Grabbed by the Ghoulies on the Switch would be a nice addition. Highly unlikely but Halo Master Chief Collection would be fun to play portable.

#4 Posted by phbz (4447 posts) -

Bring BotW to the Xbox One X you cowards!

#5 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

@phbz: Hand over Forza first.

#6 Posted by onesiphorus (2883 posts) -

If we have heard of this announcement a decade ago, no one will believe it.

Strange times indeed!

#7 Posted by phbz (4447 posts) -

@mandzilla: Deal! I'll inform both companies that we've reached an agreement

#8 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18883 posts) -

Give me Ori and the Will of the Wisps on Switch!!!

#9 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

@phbz: Aha excellent! Good doing business with you sir.

#10 Posted by Ovirew (9034 posts) -

It is actually kind of interesting to wonder if this means XBox will get some Nintendo games as a result.

It's really hard to tell what either company's plans for the future are now.

#11 Edited by robert_sparkes (3020 posts) -

Out of all those games I always thought cuphead would be well suited to the switch.

#12 Posted by Speeny (1661 posts) -

@robert_sparkes: Absolutely.

#13 Posted by Vaidream45 (1912 posts) -

@Ovirew: I really hope this happens. Ori and cuphead are two games I always wanted to play on the Switch.

#14 Posted by Sevenizz (3853 posts) -

Makes sense. A big roadblock for Microsoft in some regions is the unpopularity of the Xbox hardware. With that barrier lifted, software - which actually makes more money than hardware, will have an easier entry for consumers.

Nintendo gets a portion of the sales/licensing, Microsoft expands its audience, and gamers get more gaming options. Seems like everyone wins. Well, except salty fanboys - but who really cares about them?

#15 Posted by Bragr (69 posts) -

I'm sure the teams behind Cuphead and Ori are like excited kids if this turns out to be true.

#16 Posted by Bragr (69 posts) -
@phbz said:

Bring BotW to the Xbox One X you cowards!

Oh man, that hurts even thinking about, it would be too good.

I always wondered how something like Mario Kart or Smash would fare if they unleashed that on Playstation or Xbox.

#17 Posted by TheMadGamer (8658 posts) -

Sony has many reasons to be scared if Microsoft and Nintendo make an alliance. Great for gamers though!

#18 Posted by lonewolf604 (8676 posts) -

Oh god if Halo comes I'll literally be play it at work, school, and at home.

#19 Posted by BitJetKit (26 posts) -

Thanks.

#20 Posted by ClaudeLv250 (859 posts) -

I'll really be impressed if they port Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

#21 Posted by Ovirew (9034 posts) -

@ClaudeLv250: Eh, I played Lost Odsyssey again last year after not playing it for a few years. ....It really doesn't hold up as well as I was remembering.

#22 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36259 posts) -

I only want Rare Replay the most, but replace most of the XBOX content with Nintendo content, like...

DKC Trilogy

Donkey Kong 64

Diddy Kong Racing

Star Fox Adventures

#23 Posted by gopre (205 posts) -

Master Chief Collection?! That could possibly bring many more people to the Switch. And I'd lose a lot of sleep playing that. Partner up Nintendo and Microsoft!!