To late for a Wii??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nikeswoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nikeswoosh
Member since 2003 • 943 Posts

was thinking of purchasing one but idk i have a friend that has alot of games thed lemme borrow and i wanna get the metroids and goldeneye im just thinking it will be a good break from my 360.. idk tell me ur guys thoughts i dont want to make a wrong move..

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Never too late to get a Wii. I'm sure you can buy one very cheap and just borrow all the top-games for it from your friend. :) If you're done with those just sell it again if there's nothing to keep you to it.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Honestly the Wii U is probably pretty far off right now. It just depends on how long you think you can wait.

PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

At $150 with Mario Kart Wii included, it's pretty darn cheap right now. Plus a lot of games are also being sold for way less than their launch price. If you have the money, go for it.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Considering you can get some amazing games for dirt cheap, now is a perfect time to get one. You can find most of the best games on the system for under 20 bucks :P Goldeneye is a great game btw :P

If you do get one my advice is to keep an open mind and try a bunch of the really unique games on the system, you'll find a ton of fun :)

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Hmmm yeah maybe you can get one and the best games cause they are cheap now.,and when Wii U is out,you decide what to do.

The choice is yours :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

you got about a year or less than a year to play stuff..

SummerHillard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SummerHillard
Member since 2011 • 414 Posts

KBFloYd

Just because the Wii U is going to be released within that amount of time doesn't mean it's going to have enough GOOD games to even warrant getting one until much further down the road.

HungryLuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 HungryLuma
Member since 2009 • 1131 Posts

It's not really "too late" to get a Wii. I mean, look at the new Wii games coming out. :P (I especially want Kirby Wii. It looks fantastic!)

townsenda1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 1

#10 townsenda1
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts

I don't think it's too late. I figure the Wii U is still a long way off, plus with the price drop and a lot of the really good games making there way to the Wii greatest hits for $20. You can definitely get one. Good luck with it.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

KBFloYd

Because those AAA Wii titles will become unplayable once the WiiU rears its ugly head, right?

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Nah, there are a lot of good quality games and since most are somewhat short, I think you can finish all in a year-year and a half.
UniverseIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UniverseIX
Member since 2011 • 989 Posts
I wouldn't get one unless you're a console collector. If you just like to play games. It's a little late to get one I think, and I'd wait for the next generation of consoles. Probably just borrow the system from your friend if you really want to play certain games.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#14 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
I wouldn't get one unless you're a console collector. If you just like to play games. It's a little late to get one I think, and I'd wait for the next generation of consoles. Probably just borrow the system from your friend if you really want to play certain games. UniverseIX
Agreed, but you could always sell the console to a used video game store and go from there once the WiiU comes out. I still have my SNES, N64, and Game Cube. Though I would like to sell the Cube, but for an unknown reason, I'm keeping it.
vgamefreak225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vgamefreak225
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

No you should get a Wii. They are fun although lots of people don't like it that much from what I have seen before on here.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I wouldn't get one unless you're a console collector. If you just like to play games. It's a little late to get one I think, and I'd wait for the next generation of consoles. Probably just borrow the system from your friend if you really want to play certain games. UniverseIX

So... the point at the consoles life cycle where it has tons of games all super cheap.... is the time not to play games...?

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pills4louis

[QUOTE="UniverseIX"]I wouldn't get one unless you're a console collector. If you just like to play games. It's a little late to get one I think, and I'd wait for the next generation of consoles. Probably just borrow the system from your friend if you really want to play certain games. WreckEm711

So... the point at the consoles life cycle where it has tons of games all super cheap.... is the time not to play games...?

Seconding this notion. I waited until 2006 to buy an original Xbox off a friend for $80 and found that most of the games I wanted to play for it were dirt cheap by then.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Depends what you mean by too late.

If you don't see yourself getting a Wii U near launch (mid 2012) then no how can it be too late? The more you wait to buy a system the bigger library it gets which is better for you. There is a ton of games avaliable for it now.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

sure why not, there are great bundles out there now for great prices. there are also many games to choose from. but keep in mind the WiiU is almost here and it may have a high price, just keep that in mind

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

SummerHillard

Just because the Wii U is going to be released within that amount of time doesn't mean it's going to have enough GOOD games to even warrant getting one until much further down the road.

the WiiU can play all wii games...instant library.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pills4louis

[QUOTE="SummerHillard"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

Look at that happened to the shovelware-fest that the DS and Wii have both become. It's not too far off to assume WiiU will go that route from the get-go, sort of like how 3DS has yet to gain any killer apps that aren't ports or remakes yet. I'd rather own a relatively cheap ast-gen system with a great library than get a next-gen one which is backwards-compatible but offers little incentive to get it on its own merit. (i.e. original games)

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="SummerHillard"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

Why should he pay $300 to play wii games when he can pay half that and play the same games? BC is an added bonus to a console, not a mandatory feature. If the poster is definitely set on getting a Wii U, then I would say he should borrow the system from a friend. If he the poster has waited this long to play on the Wii, the chances of him buying the Wii U in the first year are pretty slim.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="SummerHillard"]

gamenerd15

Why should he pay $300 to play wii games when he can pay half that and play the same games? BC is an added bonus to a console, not a mandatory feature. If the poster is definitely set on getting a Wii U, then I would say he should borrow the system from a friend. If he the poster has waited this long to play on the Wii, the chances of him buying the Wii U in the first year are pretty slim.

so you want him to pay 150 for a wii...then wait for like 3 or 4 months for wiiU to get cool games and then sell the wii on ebay for peanuts then pay 300 for wiiU?

im just saying he will kill two birds with one stone if you just buy a wiiU.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I think since the Wii is getting rather cheap. You can get bundles such as Wii+Wii Sports+Wii Sports resort+Wiimote with built in motion plus. Or you can get the Mario Kart bundle. Both are getting pretty cheap now. So yeah, if you can afford it, I suggest picking one up (if you like the look of the games, that is).

If you're still not sure, it's only gonna get cheaper. The closer the Wii U comes, the cheaper it gets. Maybe waiting 'til Christmas, and getting a package deal at one of your retailers.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pills4louis

so you want him to pay 150 for a wii...then wait for like 3 or 4 months for wiiU to get cool games and then sell the wii on ebay for peanuts then pay 300 for wiiU?

KBFloYd

1. Maybe he just wants to play the delicious backlog of Wii games from the past 5 years.

2. The WiiU's success is pending, and things are looking iffy in a dangerous way. A Gamecube dangerous way. Should the console fail to catch on with third-party developers, we'll essentially have a second Gamecube on our hands. Not. Good. By the time someone wants to get a WiiU (as in, by the time it has enough games that appeal to said person), it may very well cost $150 or less. $300 is a big investment nowadays for a console with an incredibly uncertain future versus an existing console with a solid library.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

No, I am just saying that if the poster has waited this long to get a Wii, then he probably is not as hardcore about Nintendo franchise as you or I. Who says that Wii U will have cool games in 4 months? So far we know almost nothing about Wii U software. If the poster already has a 360, he can play pretty much all the third party games that are coming to Wii U in launch window. I supsect that the Wii U will be like most systems and take about 10 months to get cool games. Other than the enhanced port of Zelda and Street Fighter 4, what else on 3DS is there to get? Maybe Pilotwings is cool, but are the other 2 games worth the purchase of a system that is $250. I do not think so. He can play Street Fighter 4 on the 360. Ocarina of Time might be a great game, but an enhanced port is not worth the price of a console. Even the holiday lineup for the 3DS seems just "good" at best. Super Mario 3DS is another Mario Galaxy game and Mario Kart is well, Mario Kart. Kid Icarus is the game that stands out above the rest. The 3DS will probably get some cool games early next year. This means that close to the 3Ds's 1st birthday is when when we will see what the system can truly do.

He should get the Wii to tie him over until 2013 when better Wii U games will be out or on the horizon. Right now, the Wii U is a mystery, and the launch window does not look good if you own multiple systems.

I am not going to buy anything until all 3 systems are out. Nintendo actually needs to show some gameplay with Wii U before I even consider buying it. I am not just going to buy it based on blind faith like I did with the Wii. I like the Wii a lot, but I bought it hoping games like F-Zero, Star Fox, and Wave Race would get new installments and they did not. I am not going to buy the Wii U with the "Nintendo will eventually come out with X game, so I should just buy one now" attitude. If Nintendo wants my money, then the company will have to do more than "the big three" in order to earn it.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Since it'll be backward compatible, might be better to wait for the wii u at this point.

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#28 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

Yeah, probably too late..

probably.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

i say go for it, the prices are low for the wii...you'll have a wii remote ready for the wiiu if your planning on buying the wiiu. and if a different take on gaming from the 360. i used to have a 360 and wii soo i can tell u its a good combo.

ForzaAbruzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 ForzaAbruzzo
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

Depends on your taste really. Does the Wii's library of games actually appeal to you enough to wanna invest your hard earned money into it? This was VERY easy decision for me to make when I bought my PS2 back in 06 for like 130$ (brand new) because the PS2 had a ridiculously killer library of games to choose from (and they were still releasing games for it years later!). Can't really say that you'd get the same value from a Wii at this point. Might be a worthwhile purchase once it dips below 150$ and the games become dirty cheap though.

Megaflush24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Megaflush24
Member since 2003 • 173 Posts
I just bought a wii... Not regretting it at all. Plus you will have another year to save up money for the wii u.
AltarBozdaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 AltarBozdaa
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Save your money for the Wii U. Probably it can play Wii games and has much better quality than the wii
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

too late? no ..you get it cheaper & bundle with Mario Kart even, & have alot of games to choose from, so no you're not too late :)

moonwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 moonwolf1
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

Dont buy it. Only a few games are worth it. Get the Wii U when it comes out in a year or two.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

It can never be late unless you one of those people must buy a new game system once it's released as for me im thinking about getting a wii over the upcoming holidays.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

You could save your Money for a WiiU seeing how it's probably going to get Backwards Compatibility but if you want something that plays Gamecube Games, You can either get a Gamecube or a Wii. Your Call.

Not only that but There's a lot of GREAT Wii Games that are out now that go for $20 or less.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I think it's a great time to get a Wii now, they're real cheap anyway so you'd be doing yourself a favour :P

But if you're not that big on Nintendo I'd say wait for the Wii U since that will be able to play Wii games. But we have like a year from now til the Wii U is probablhy released so it's upt o you on getting a Wii. Personally, I would. In fact I'm getting another one (a Black one) because I don't have Motion Plus and I want a Black Wii, and I like collecting anyway.

If you're not a serious collector or not too bothered with Nintendo I'd say save your money and wait for the Wii U, but straight up I'd say just buy one :)

revofanboy2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 revofanboy2005
Member since 2005 • 364 Posts

was thinking of purchasing one but idk i have a friend that has alot of games thed lemme borrow and i wanna get the metroids and goldeneye im just thinking it will be a good break from my 360.. idk tell me ur guys thoughts i dont want to make a wrong move..

nikeswoosh

For full price, yes. I got mine at a yard sale last month for 10 bucks though. Saving up for a Wii U.