THoughts on Smash Bros Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

What does everyone think of this game?

I got it for Xmas, and just started playing. I've played Smash 64, but not a Smash Loyalist, with the GC/Wii versions.

Overall

- I feel like the Wii U version has a lot packed into it, it's just hard to navigate through it all. For me, i'd prefer if it was laid out a little better. I like the all the variations and game modes, i'd just lay it out a little different. Overall it's a good game i'll give it a 9/10

The gameplay can be quite overwhelming at first. There would be times where i had plenty of health, and randomly destroyed. Also i threw myself off the ledge more times than i'd like. I like the challenge map. For the main solo mission, i thought they could have added a bit more. I beat it in about the first 30 minutes of playing the game. i'd prefer if this mode took me through more of the options and modes, and perhaps a basic story.

So a few minor flaws, but still a solid game. I'm sure the more i play it, the more it will all make sense.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I am exactly the same as you as far as Smash experience goes; I never played the GC or Wii games. I got the WiiU version for Christmas and I really like it. It has been fun learning the game and how to use certain characters. The music is probably my favorite thing about the game. So many amazing classic tracks packed into one game!!

Challenge mode and All Star modes are my favorite. I've beaten challenge on standard difficulty with 8-10 characters. Got to the 5th set of fighters in All Star.

Online play is a blast too if it's working right.

Shulk, Mega Man, and Mario are my best fighters.

Glad you're enjoying it, I'm loving it a lot more than I thought I would.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I got it for Christmas and it was great.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Love it the game has a ton of content like Melee and Brawl both did and I think the character roster is pretty good as well. I think Megaman really fits in well I really didn't think Snake did in Brawl.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

So much content. So much variety within the cast of characters. Challenges were addictive. Online works like a dream with 95% of my matches being super smooth. Looking forward to tournament mode and Mewtwo. 10/10

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roboccs

@thetravman: What's this about a tournament mode?

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

@roboccs: A miiverse stage, sharing photos, replays and stages, and an online tournament mode are said to come in an upcoming patch.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By roboccs

@thetravman: that sounds excellent, I hope it happens. Online is fun but I always thought it would be fun if there was some type of scoring or brackets. Can't wait to see what it entails!

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I'm agreeing with the GS review, one of the best fighting games ever made. I'm glad the pace is faster than Brawl and tripping got tossed. Games like Smash are the reason I still consider myself a gamer.

jaenjaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 jaenjaes
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

I'm in the same boat as a few of you, never have playing Smash 4's predecessors. I've always watched videos or streams of tournaments on Twitch & YouTube but that's about it. I've only had the game for about a week now and it's really a handful, it's an entirely different fighter for me and I like it. There's a lot of hidden mechanics and quirks to becoming a better fighter. I wish that Online "For Glory" had matchmaking for beginners, intermediates, and professional type of players. Neverminding that, I think it's awesome that there's so much variety in the game though.

rasterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 rasterror
Member since 2003 • 3694 Posts

@The-Butcher248: All I ha e to say it's probably my favorite game this year. During Christmas time I spent it drunk with family and friends and we all played it and had a ton of fun that I can't recall having with a game since Wii Sports. Even people that either don't care for games or aren't good at them kept coming back for more and more. One friend said he had to get one for this game alone and he's really not into them. Graphics are nice, the controllers are both simplistic yet deep, combat is great for novice and the hard-core, and you can tell Nintendo put a lot of thought and love into it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

Awesome game. Nintendo and Sakurai really work hard with SSB for Wii U, though I still preffer Melee but it's way better then Brawl to say the least. The only thing I'm waiting for is Mewtwo arrival and I main him in Melee back in the old days.

P.S the 3DS version is also good when I'm on my way to work.