THird person shooters for wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jkessler14 (41 posts) -

What are some third person shooters for wii

#2 Posted by Kojo222 (1301 posts) -

Does RE4 count?

#3 Posted by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -
Battalion Wars 2, Resident Evil 4 thats really all i can think of which depresses me
#4 Posted by Vexx88 (33342 posts) -

Does RE4 count?

Kojo222
Technically but at the same time no. Other than RE4 there is no true 3rd person shooter on the wii. Weird O.o
#5 Posted by kardine (2863 posts) -
[QUOTE="Vexx88"][QUOTE="Kojo222"]

Does RE4 count?

Technically but at the same time no. Other than RE4 there is no true 3rd person shooter on the wii. Weird O.o

RE4 is not a true TPS, but yes its the closest thing we have to one on the system.
#6 Posted by mkDSpro63 (781 posts) -

Basically what the others mentioned. Though, I've always felt akward play TPS's in general.

#7 Posted by srdjan311 (1247 posts) -

wow never really thought about it but the wii needs more 3rd person shooters, every1 is jst so focused on fps i suppose....

#8 Posted by AlexSays (6612 posts) -
wow never really thought about it but the wii needs more 3rd person shooters, every1 is jst so focused on fps i suppose....srdjan311
Well the Wii doesn't have a ton of FPSs either. So there must be very little focus to go around. lol
#9 Posted by ChildOfGaming7 (1009 posts) -

There's Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed, but that francise has lost it's luster :(

#10 Posted by young80s (184 posts) -
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Vexx88"][QUOTE="Kojo222"]

Does RE4 count?

RE4 is not a true TPS, but yes its the closest thing we have to one on the system.

Why is RE4 not a true TPS?
#11 Posted by umcommon (2503 posts) -
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Vexx88"] Technically but at the same time no. Other than RE4 there is no true 3rd person shooter on the wii. Weird O.oyoung80s

Play Gears of War, Army of Two those are true TPS games. But Yeah Wii needs a quality TPS game, it's really sad that devs don't fulfill these needs.
#12 Posted by intro94 (2623 posts) -
there is a zombie soldier game, released in EU. Cant exactly recall the name.There arent really many.
#13 Posted by webhead921 (684 posts) -

There's Godfather and Scarface, but I'm not sure if those count as third person shooters, since they are mainly considered sandbox games.

#14 Posted by klidron02 (454 posts) -
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Vexx88"] Technically but at the same time no. Other than RE4 there is no true 3rd person shooter on the wii. Weird O.oyoung80s

Mostly because it's not all action like RE5, it has platforming qualities and puzzles within the game that TPS don't typically have.
#15 Posted by thetravman (3592 posts) -

Manhunt 2, somewhat.

#16 Posted by Zeus-Guy (728 posts) -
But Yeah Wii needs a quality TPS game, it's really sad that devs don't fulfill these needs.umcommon
From what I've heard, part of the problem is there isn't as big a demand for shooters (both first and third) on the Wii than the other consoles.
#17 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

does this count?

#18 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

Deadrising?... Kind of.

Edit:

does this count?

nini200

Wtf, was that...

#19 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -
[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Deadrising?... Kind of.

Edit:[QUOTE="nini200"]

does this count?

Wtf, was that...

Some Disney game called G Force. It seems to be a third person shooter even though the weapons need work.
#20 Posted by doombringer175 (1499 posts) -

When thinking about it, THere is no real good reasons to have a third person shooter on the Wii. I keep thinking, and it would be too hard to keep up with the selecting units, training/making/etc., so why make a game that would be so hard to use.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
#21 Posted by danger_ranger95 (5584 posts) -

Nintendo is coming out with Mario Paintball. That looks pretty fun

[spoiler] total joke [/spoiler]

I wish we did have more tps though. Tomb Raider is a tps somewhat imo, it's a good game, but I haven't heard many people mention it, I'm guessing most likely it being a port.

Makes me wish Uncharted would make a debut on the system.

#22 Posted by DS_Lightning21 (741 posts) -

Parts of Link's Crossbow Training had 3rd-person shooter elements, but it was mostly on-rails.

#23 Posted by jirca87 (539 posts) -

When thinking about it, THere is no real good reasons to have a third person shooter on the Wii. I keep thinking, and it would be too hard to keep up with the selecting units, training/making/etc., so why make a game that would be so hard to use.

doombringer175

Huh? It looks almost like you're mixing up TPSwith RTS. Third-person shooters are just shooters from an over-the-shoulder perspective, like Gears of War orCrackdown. Some quality Wii third-person shooters would be nice.

#24 Posted by silent_snip3r (25 posts) -

Really can't think of any TPS's for the Wii, seems that FPS's have taken over the shooter genre.

#25 Posted by Kojo222 (1301 posts) -
[QUOTE="young80s"][QUOTE="kardine"] RE4 is not a true TPS, but yes its the closest thing we have to one on the system.klidron02

Mostly because it's not all action like RE5, it has platforming qualities and puzzles within the game that TPS don't typically have.

I would've said because it doesn't play in first-person.
#26 Posted by riou7 (10841 posts) -

RE4 is third person shooter

#27 Posted by r_gam3 (1185 posts) -
not many, sorry
#28 Posted by clicketyclick (7136 posts) -

[QUOTE="young80s"] Why is RE4 not a true TPS?umcommon

Play Gears of War, Army of Two those are true TPS games. But Yeah Wii needs a quality TPS game, it's really sad that devs don't fulfill these needs.

Why? Because GoW and Army of Two have a cover system?

Mostly because it's not all action like RE5, it has platforming qualities and puzzles within the game that TPS don't typically have.klidron02

The "puzzles" are about as difficult as tying your shoelaces. Gears of War has an active reload minigame. Guess it's not a TPS then... So let me get this straight, if you try to do anything remotely new or add in any slightly novel thing, your game no longer qualifies in the genre?

Third. Person. Shooter. Are you shooting for most of the game - is that the main focus? Can you see your character on screen? Then it's TPS. There are many flavours of TPS. Saying that RE4 is not TPS is like saying that the chocolate ice cream in the cone you're holding is not chocolate ice cream because it has a cherry on top.

What's next? Any game that features a non-human character cannot be considered Third PERSON Shooter?

#29 Posted by kardine (2863 posts) -

It is also a horror game. Remember we are not talking about RE5 here. RE4 still was somewhat of a horror game.
#30 Posted by clicketyclick (7136 posts) -
[QUOTE="kardine"] It is also a horror game. Remember we are not talking about RE5 here. RE4 still was somewhat of a horror game.

Really? You were actually scared by the game? RE hasn't been a horror game since the early games. Only if you're a complete wuss like me did you ever get scared during RE4, and only at two parts. I'm terrible with horror games - just cannot play them - and yet I got through RE4 just fine. It's not survival horror, and regardless, it's still TPS. It would just be in a certain sub-genre of TPS, which is a broad category.
#31 Posted by kardine (2863 posts) -
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="kardine"] It is also a horror game. Remember we are not talking about RE5 here. RE4 still was somewhat of a horror game.

Really? You were actually scared by the game? RE hasn't been a horror game since the early games. Only if you're a complete wuss like me did you ever get scared during RE4, and only at two parts. I'm terrible with horror games - just cannot play them - and yet I got through RE4 just fine. It's not survival horror, and regardless, it's still TPS. It would just be in a certain sub-genre of TPS, which is a broad category.

Who is ever really scared in a horror game. IF anything a horror game is successful if it can emulate a feeling near horror like shock and thrill. Rarely do horror games genuinely scare people. RE4 did have some horror elements in it where RE5 had almost none. If anything it turned more into to an action game. To say its a regular TPS is a misunderstanding of the genre
#32 Posted by intro94 (2623 posts) -
fatal frame 4 scares me.the hell out of me,so much i still havent beat the import.But re5 is as scary as contra.
#33 Posted by clicketyclick (7136 posts) -
To say its a regular TPS is a misunderstanding of the genrekardine
Do explain it then to us ignorant folk then, what Third Person Shooters strictly entail other than people shooting in third person.
#34 Posted by AdRock92 (1616 posts) -

From what I've seen, Rogue Trooper seems like the best "true" third person shooter.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
#35 Posted by danger_ranger95 (5584 posts) -

I really like games like Uncharted/Tomb Raider...but I still think there's something missing from them. I don't know what that thing is...but hopefully I can figure it out one day.

TPS can branch out into many different types which is awesome. I hope the Wii gets some good ones in it's lifetime.

#36 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

Please read the stickies, keep all "what game should I get" questions in the Wii Game recommendation thread