Thinking of buying a DS Lite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheRedStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheRedStrike
Member since 2007 • 603 Posts
Again, I'm thinking of buying a DS Lite. I'm going for the $150 bundle that includes the Red and Black (Or is it just red? I don't know) DS Lite, Brain Age 2, and a carrying case. It seems like a good deal, and Brain Age 2 doesn't look half bad. The carrying case will come in handy, too :). I'm not exactly looking for Shooters, I only buy those for my Xbox 360. I'm really looking for RPG/Adventure, Puzzle/Rhythm, and Platformers. My friend has a lot of good DS games, so I could check some of them out and see if I like them. I want a portable game system that I'll actually PLAY. I have a PSP, and barely play it. I don't use the music, pictures, and video features because I don't really need them since I have a Zune. Not many online games, and the kind of games I am look for on a portable system aren't that plentiful on the PSP, but they are on the DS. I also like the touch screen on the DS. So I was thinking of trading in my PSP and games to GameCrazy (along with Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for Xbox 360 with a 20% more trade-in coupon). There honestly doesn't seem to be a reason to have my PSP, I never play it. So do you think this is a good idea? What are your thoughts? What are some great DS games that you think I would like? Thanks :]
Never_Fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Never_Fear
Member since 2007 • 1839 Posts
Well, I only read a couple sentences of your topic. I would sell you my Polar WhiteDS Lite + Carrying Case + Accessories + 2-6 Games (I have Mario Kart DS, Big Brain Academy, Nintendogs: Dachsund And Friends, New Super Mario Bros., and Pokemon Diamond, although I've only found Big Braind and Mario Kart so far)for $150-$200. Although it has fingerprints, everything is in excellent condition.
DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

I'd say go for it. From what you described, it seems as though the DS would be perfect for you. It is really a great system with really good games of the types you say. Besides not having extra features like music and stuff which you already sayed you don't care for, and being a generation behind the PSP in terms of graphics, the DS beats the PSP hands down. Although I do not own a PSP, it seems as though the DS has better quality games and an even larger variety of games. The touch screen and dual screens give the DS the ability to make really unique games that could not have been made on any other system.

Games I suggest for you:

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (action adventure)

Super Mario 64 DS (platformer)

Elite Beat agents (music)

Mario Kart DS (kart racing)

New Super Mario Bros. and Yoshi's Island (platformer)

Advance Wars: Dual Strike (strategy)

Castlevania: DoS, and PoR (platformer)

good luck!

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

The bundle really is great. I always use the case and the metallic crimson and black DS looks awesome. Elite Beat Agents is a really fun music/rhythm game. For platformers there are plaenty like DK: Jungle Climber, New Super Mario Bros, and Yoshis Island. For RPG there are a lot too like Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Final Fantasy 3, FF4 is coming out too along with Dragon Quest games too. Some good puzzle games are Brain Age 1 and 2, Tetris DS, Meteos, the Phoenix Wright games are sort of like a more story oriented puzzler. And then there is Zelda which has puzzles, adventure, and RPG elements to it so you honestly can't go wrong. :D

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Mariokart DS! That game is a must have.

MEGA edit: Metroid Prime Huntrers is really fun too even if it is mostly because of the multiplayer. But you can play against computers in multiplayermode too though.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I'll list you my games i own and these are the best games for the DS so far IMO
Final Fantasy III
Metriod Prime Hunters
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon Pearl.

If you're looking for a DS game, that uses everything that the DS has to offer. I'd buy Zelda. Best DS game IMO.
ab_geee_eee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ab_geee_eee
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts
I think you should do it, especially if you don't use your psp. The DS Lite is a great handheld. I have both and I use them both quite a lot, but I have no Zune.
bernieberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 bernieberry
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
I would go for it. I own both systems and at times I fnd myself playing the DS more. It sounds like the DS would have more of the games you are looking for.