thinking about buying a 3ds please help me out got some questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bookwormwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bookwormwizard
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts

I correnty am in the market for a handheld and want to get in touch with my inner child again but have a few questions first.

For one, how long will the 3ds be around for and supported, I know lots of next gen stuff is still coming out, nintendo is not coming out with another handheld soon is it?

Also, What are the killer apps and must have games for it? I like mario  and zelda and kindom hearts, final fantasy, but have no idea if these are any good on the system, or which ones to get, what do you think? Feel free to also suggest games that I did not mention, and what can the 3ds do media wise? I'm kind of ill and because of this It can hard for me to do things so any help in this decision would be very much appreciated! ty

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
3DS is the next gen handheld. And the way it's selling now, it's gonna stay a while. Killer Apps: Fire Emblem Awakening Zelda OoT Super Mario 3D Land Kid Icarus Uprising Mario Kart 7 (if you want online experience) Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (if you like FF series, this will bring back so many memories) And it barely has any value as a general entertainment device other than gaming.
bookwormwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bookwormwizard
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts

thanks!, also is it online? like can I play with friends and such? And if it is online, can you get online with wired highspeed or do you need wireless?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

thanks!, also is it online? like can I play with friends and such? And if it is online, can you get online with wired highspeed or do you need wireless?

bookwormwizard
It's online but it's wifi only just like every handheld device.
xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

The 3DS is a next gen handheld so it will be around for a while, no need to worry.

As for games, they have all of those that you mentioned, Ive personally have played Kingdoms Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and Mario 3D land and their both great title Id recommend getting, I havent gotten to Zelda yet for it but all most every other person with a 3DS that I know has it and loves it, so it must be good. You may also like Tales of the Abyss as well.

Media wise it can surf the web but not all that great, stream netflixs, and not much more I think.

Wifi only for online as well.

It really is a great little handheld though that you can easily throw hours into.

Enjoy!