They should have a beat 'em up on the DS...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I mean they had games like the Final Fight series and Spiderman and Venom: Separation Anxiety for the Super Nintendo. Why doesn't Nintendo make one for their handhelds? It would be so cool to play online with a buddy and take down hoards of gangsters and enemies. But I guess that could have its problems in that beat 'em ups could take hours to finish together...

Does anybody else agree that something like this should be done?

Avatar image for lamborghini1134
lamborghini1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lamborghini1134
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts

LoL, I'm still waiting for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Turtles In Time port. All original, would be the greatest.....

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

LoL, I'm still waiting for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Turtles In Time port. All original, would be the greatest.....

lamborghini1134
I think I remember that game. was it where at some point you can throw the henchmen at shredder's machine?
Avatar image for lamborghini1134
lamborghini1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lamborghini1134
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts

[QUOTE="lamborghini1134"]

hydralisk86

I think I remember that game. was it where at some point you can throw the henchmen at shredder's machine?

yup, awesome game

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
well there are a few well reviewed beat em ups like Tokyo Police with good graphics.But no co op nor online.Could be done, surely.Maybe there is but i havent searched that much.You can import games from japan too, there are hundreths of japanese games not released in US.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

Beat 'em ups are definitely a genre that is lacking on the DS. The only one that I have is Tokyo Beatdown and besides the fact that it didn't get the best scores out there it is still a fun game. The best thing about it is that it has that Streets of Rage feel to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts

I'd love a Streets of Rage game on the DS. One of my all time favourite series'. I can only assume Sega still own the rights to it, so I guess its possible.

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

Closest game I've ever tried was Draglade. It's not really anything like having a mob of enemies to fight though. Most you could take on was 2 or 3 if I remember right.Butt he moves were fun and the characters and concept were interesting for me.

well there are a few well reviewed beat em ups like Tokyo Police with good graphics..intro94

I'm still looking around for this game. I love a solid beat em up.

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

tokyo beat down. it's not that great though. the control schemes are a little clunky. they should bring the die hard series to the ds.

violentken88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 violentken88
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

I'd love a Streets of Rage game on the DS. One of my all time favourite series'. I can only assume Sega still own the rights to it, so I guess its possible.

kamikaze_pigmy

I have been thinking so much about that lately. This is the perfect system to do streets of rage 4 on. The animation would be much more fluid like the DS castlevania games, they could have many different branching paths in stages, all the old characters and a couple new ones,co-op local and online with some leaderboards and possibly some dowloadable stages using the sd card on the DSI. Yuzo Koshiro should do this I don't see why he hasnt since he wanted to do this for so long.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Definitely, the beat em up genre needs to make a comeback and the DS seems as good a place as any to revive it. Id kill for a new double dragon or Final Fight game.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Man, it has been long since i`ve played a good beat-em-up. Today`s generation only care about shooting old ladies with high qualiber guns, robbing cars and dealing drugs (i`m looking at ya, GTA fans). Where are the good times where a cool person with lots of fighting power would use nothing more than his own two punches and in a few ocasions, a pipe to beat a large number of punks?

I miss streets of rage. =/

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

There's not that many of them, that's sure. I like the genre, but it's usually shallow and repetitive. At least the most recent ones. Off the top of my head comes Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy and Tokyo Beat Down for DS.

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

There's not that many of them, that's sure. I like the genre, but it's usually shallow and repetitive. At least the most recent ones. Off the top of my head comes Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy and Tokyo Beat Down for DS.

KurodaMurasaki

it's a shame that full metal alchemist was horribly boring, and not enough gameplay.

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

Battletoads & Double Dragon, or another TMNT game, but they need to be made by Konami or Rare to ensure original quality.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

dr_doongy

it's a shame that full metal alchemist was horribly boring, and not enough gameplay.

Seriously.

hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

Super Smash Bros DS.

I'd really appreciate that nintendo.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meiaman

Super Smash Bros DS.

I'd really appreciate that nintendo.

hyperkass
Super smash bros is not a beat-em-up. its a fighting game. -_-
Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

Well, they're remaking TMNT: Turtles in Time for the XBLA; maybe they'll port it over?

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Isn't the new Wolverine game a beat-em up?

Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword is *kind* of a beat-em-up.

At the very least, it's one of the best (or THE best, in my opinion) action game on the DS

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KurodaMurasaki

NotAFurry

I heard it wasn't very good, though.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meiaman

[QUOTE="NotAFurry"]

KurodaMurasaki

None of the DS games for this genre are. =/ I want streets of rage, but they should make the game look like it was back on the genesis... maybe it just me, but the DS graphics are smaller and have a more anime-ish japanese look (not that they are anime-ish, but they look more anime-ish... if you undenstand what i`m saying) than old systems like Super Nintendo or Genesis, that for me, its a -1 on the game score.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

[QUOTE="NotAFurry"]

meiaman

None of the DS games for this genre are. =/ I want streets of rage, but they should make the game look like it was back on the genesis... maybe it just me, but the DS graphics are smaller and have a more anime-ish japanese look (not that they are anime-ish, but they look more anime-ish... if you undenstand what i`m saying) than old systems like Super Nintendo or Genesis, that for me, its a -1 on the game score.

Yeah I see what you mean. I really appreciate this kind of Japanese art-style, so it's a +1 for me! :D

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

I just remembered one more game, though I'm not too sure if it can be included in the genre- Dynasty Warriors DS. It wasn't bad, but it got repetitive very fast and the moves were too limited.