The World Ends With You?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matheaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 matheaks
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I have a $50 best buy gift card, and i dont know what to get (video game for ds). I have been thinking about WEWY, so what do you owners of the game think about it?

Does it have any single card multiplayer? is it like another pokemon game (besides pokemon, its clothes?) or like zelda? Is the $35 worth it?

If it isnt worth it what game should i get instead? im thinking about mario kart ds

Please reply with answers!

Ruhdezee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ruhdezee
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
ive heard that this game is very very fun and im thinking about it also.l it depends if you want multiplayer get mario kart but if you want a single player rpg get TWEWY
matheaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 matheaks
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
what have u heard about it that makes it "very very fun"?
cog2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 cog2k
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
I think it is a great game and good story. The multiplayer is just a little mini game that involves hitting the opponents pin off the table with yours and it is fun but gets old quick. I highly recommend it but the fighting isn't normal turn based rpg style.
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts

isn't it $40, not $35? or did the price go down

Superblob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Superblob123
Member since 2007 • 256 Posts
This game is the best I have for DS, and I have a lot of games, like Zelda and the such, and this is the best. You collect pins, which give you psychic abilities. That's on the touch screen. On the top screen, you use the arrows to control another person. The hard part is, you have to pay attention to both screens at the same time. The story's good, too.
preachcuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 preachcuster
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
It's a decent game for sure, but what makes it a "good" game is that it is a very unique twist on the genre. From the dual screen battles to the food it's one of a kind. I have to admit though, it's not even in my top 10 for RPG games on the DS. Younger people seem to take to it more than the older crowd. One thing I really do not like about this game is the music, but that's me. It's like a strange FF game, if you like Final Fantasy games you would more than likely love this game. BUT what I would do if I was you, would be to buy either nanostray or the new space invaders game for 20 bucks and get a DVD or CD. If you like old-school side scrolling shooters you can't go wrong with either of those games.
typeRseries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 typeRseries
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
i dont like final fantasy but i like this game
Superblob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Superblob123

It's a decent game for sure, but what makes it a "good" game is that it is a very unique twist on the genre. From the dual screen battles to the food it's one of a kind. I have to admit though, it's not even in my top 10 for RPG games on the DS. Younger people seem to take to it more than the older crowd. One thing I really do not like about this game is the music, but that's me. It's like a strange FF game, if you like Final Fantasy games you would more than likely love this game. BUT what I would do if I was you, would be to buy either nanostray or the new space invaders game for 20 bucks and get a DVD or CD. If you like old-school side scrolling shooters you can't go wrong with either of those games.preachcuster

How old are you?

r-teest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 r-teest
Member since 2007 • 949 Posts
It's a decent game for sure, but what makes it a "good" game is that it is a very unique twist on the genre. From the dual screen battles to the food it's one of a kind. I have to admit though, it's not even in my top 10 for RPG games on the DS. Younger people seem to take to it more than the older crowd. One thing I really do not like about this game is the music, but that's me. It's like a strange FF game, if you like Final Fantasy games you would more than likely love this game. BUT what I would do if I was you, would be to buy either nanostray or the new space invaders game for 20 bucks and get a DVD or CD. If you like old-school side scrolling shooters you can't go wrong with either of those games.preachcuster
the soundtrack is awesome.
juxtapoison8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juxtapoison8
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
I was completely uninterested with this game.
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
Everyone who owns a DS should have a few certain games. TWEWY is one of those few.
edwardorito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 edwardorito
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
FRIGGIN HARD CHOICE!!!!! TWEWY of Mario Kart AUGHHHH!!!! MY BRAIN!
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
The World Ends With You is epic, get it, you will love it
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Nintendawg
so is this game $35 or $40 bucks
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

TWEWY is amazing. Great story and characters, as well as unique, exciting gameplay. I also love the soundtrack. Its one of those must have games for DS owners, especially if you like any kind of RPG.

And I dont think age has anything to do with whether you like the game or not. Im 24 and very much enjoy it.

laser-pointer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 laser-pointer
Member since 2008 • 584 Posts
TWEWY is a must buy game for the ds. It has a great story and it's very fun. The multiplayer isn't that good, so if u want a multiplayer game then buy mariokart. But i liked TWEWY better.
wii_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wii_1234
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
Get it. It doesn't have any real multiplayer, but it has great gameplay, a great story, is innovative, etc.
Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

I've observed reviews, user reviews, etc. and I've came to a conclusion. It's one of those love-it-hate-it games. So, some people love the game, and some people just loathe it. Only thing you could do right now is to buy it and see if it's to your liking.

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
I personally enjoyed it. Even though it had a fairly simple story, it more than made up for it in the amount of powers, items, food, styles... the list goes on. That and it has quite a few extras (You can replay any level at anytime after you beat the game for one) and gives you secret missions to do in each level.
Avatar image for TheNotoriousBYC
TheNotoriousBYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheNotoriousBYC
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

Personally, I think it depends on what your current collection of games are. If you're overloaded with RPGs and the like, then you might as well go with mario kart, for a change of pace. And if you've already tried mario kart before (like on the n64 or something) and you're itching for something new, then you should go for the world ends with you.

Basically, at the high level of awesomeness these games have, its rather a matter of circumstance than it is about 'which one is better', because you're most likely going to get both of them, eventually. The real question you need to ask yourself is which game you want to get first~

preachcuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 preachcuster
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
I am 24 years old. I know most people love that sound track, but I just can't stand it. Like I said thats me though.
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Nintendawg
how many save files are there?
Superblob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Superblob123

how many save files are there?The_Nintendawg

At least one.:P

DJ_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJ_5
Member since 2003 • 386 Posts

Its story and soundtrack makes it one great DS game.

Totally worth it.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
It's good, but there are better DS games. It's worth it. It's pretty original; there's really not much else like it. However, it has a few flaws (controls don't always work, weak characters) but overall, it's a good game. There are just better games out there.
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Nintendawg
like what are better games, this has to be one of highest rated DS games ever.
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts
No reason this game was released at $40. Ten dollars overpriced, not because it isn't a good game, it's just highway robbery.