The World Ends With You??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElvinKaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElvinKaty
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

I have been contemplating getting this game.

But, i just don't know. It's something about the graphics and presentation thats putting me off quite a bit. And, is the bulk of the game combat?

Has anyone got it? Would i simply be stupid not to get it?

Katy xx

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
do u like jrpg?
ElvinKaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElvinKaty
Yes. I definatly do. I love anime type things when they've been given some great graphics - like the FF series. But this looks a bit skeewed in the sence that it looks like the drawings.
dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts

Yes. I definatly do. I love anime type things when they've been given some great graphics - like the FF series. But this looks a bit skeewed in the sence that it looks like the drawings.ElvinKaty

That shouldn't be a surprise, since the artists who worked on Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories are the same ones who worked on this game. I enjoy this game immensely. Definitely a pick-up.

ElvinKaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ElvinKaty

ah, a simple straight forward answer.

thanks.

x

mkurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mkurts
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
Beautiful game - you really should buy it.
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
A very unique and exciting game. You have to get used to it in the beginning, but after having overwon those obstacles, it's very fun to play. And if you like anime, it's even better.. Because guess what: it's all about anime.
ElvinKaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ElvinKaty

righteo!

well, i think i'll definately invest - wont do any harm!

thanks a lot guys!! =D

katy xx

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

See my post in GGD for more info:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26404369

Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

Yes. I definatly do. I love anime type things when they've been given some great graphics - like the FF series. .ElvinKaty

Then you will love this game to no end. If you lke anime or RPGs in the slighteest, you'll love this game.

ElvinKaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ElvinKaty

[QUOTE="ElvinKaty"]Yes. I definatly do. I love anime type things when they've been given some great graphics - like the FF series. .Quintinius

Then you will love this game to no end. If you lke anime or RPGs in the slighteest, you'll love this game.

I must say, your post utterly convinced me!

hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
if you're still not convinced.. since it came out.. im still playing it from time to time.. completing all items.. and just beating the hell out of bosses.. :)
TheAceOfSkulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 TheAceOfSkulls
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
You definitely need to be able to problem solve to beat the game. However, even that is fun. Its a great game that I would reccomend for alot of rpg fans. Plenty of plot twists will make sure you're never bored. The biggest problem you could possible have is that there is only one save file per game, and you have to delete all previous data if you want to start a new game. However, the game will later give you the option to return to previous levels so if you can just hold on, you can see that opening cinematic one more time at the very end.
ElvinKaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ElvinKaty

Im definately getting it.

Set it up for order and everything. I've got aload of other games to invest all of my (unemployed and out of education) time into first! Look forward to it. xx

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
I'm thinking of picking this up as well. How long does it take to complete it?
Caer_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Caer_Death
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
I'd say it takes roughly 8-20 hours to beat the game on your first time, depending on how deep you like to explore each day. After you beat the game, though, you get the option of replaying any "day" out of the game's story, and you can keep delving deeper into the battling system and uncover "secret reports" which explain some various other things about the storyline, so if you're still interested in the game after you beat it (I'm still addicted thoroughly), there's plenty of extra content to keep you picking it every so often for some more.
calotono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 calotono
Member since 2004 • 963 Posts
I just got a DS, got pokemon time first. Now Ill go and buy that game in a couple of hours. Thanks so much!
bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bardos-the-3rd
Member since 2008 • 323 Posts
I have a question, is it possible to play as a lefthander?
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts
Yes. You simply press the buttons, rather than the directional pad, in the direction of your top-screen partner's attack arrows.
Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts

Yes. You simply press the buttons, rather than the directional pad, in the direction of your top-screen partner's attack arrows.Phantom_Leo

It's hard to rack up stars with your top character and actually pay attention to your bottom character. It gets rather challenging.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

to awnser the question about the combat (since the rest was awnsered XD)

the combat is only a major part if you want it to be. battles are not random. you need to open the scan screen and click on the floating noise to start the battle

bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bardos-the-3rd

Yes. You simply press the buttons, rather than the directional pad, in the direction of your top-screen partner's attack arrows.Phantom_Leo

thanks,I have bought the game and you are right. in other games you can use the buttons too,use the buttons to move a character in other games is never good ,because even lefthanders play as any other person,and making a pad that has the directional buttons(or stick) on the right and the buttons on the left won't sell because we never want t0 learn to play like this after so many years playing normally, but the stylus has changed everything. but because in the world ends with you the directional buttons are used to attack only it even feels better.

BelmontV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BelmontV
Member since 2008 • 146 Posts
Its currently my favorite DS title (soon to be replaced with "Final Fantasy Tactics A2" [coming out June 24th]), its an RPG MUST HAVE. Its really incredible, I reviewed the game, check the reviews and you should find mine there. Its really amazing, I HIGHLY reccomend it!
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts

How's the pin collecting part of the game, it kind of turns me off from what I've seen in some videos but dunno...

bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bardos-the-3rd

How's the pin collecting part of the game, it kind of turns me off from what I've seen in some videos but dunno...

The_Nintendawg

well it's a little bit like pokemon or castlevania dawn of sorrow. you can collect them if you want,and they make you stronger but if you want you can go on using only a few,they also give you some from defeating final bosses or missions you HAVE to do and some other are at stores. if you level up,buy better equipment,eat(this makes your stats grow) and play good/put the game on easy at the boss fights you can do it. You can change the difficulty of the game anytime but this makes you earn less experience and never get so good items from the enemies so you should only make the game easier if you can't win a fight. the bad part of the game is that some pin combinations that have similar effects(if the effect is exactly the same there is no problem!) can make the game chaotic and there are a lot of conversations to read,if you don't have a problem with this you should really get this game

bob8hiscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bob8hiscow
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts

Since you're asking for opinions (which means nobody need argue with me- it's my opinion) I'd say don't get it.

I bought it the day I bought my DS and I returned it a week later. I couldn't stand the main characters: one was way too teen-emo while the other was just too whiney. The combat was awesome and the way the story played out was... decent... But overall, I couldn't stand it.

Once again, that's my opinion and that's all that was asked for.

bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bardos-the-3rd

Since you're asking for opinions (which means nobody need argue with me- it's my opinion) I'd say don't get it.

I bought it the day I bought my DS and I returned it a week later. I couldn't stand the main characters: one was way too teen-emo while the other was just too whiney. The combat was awesome and the way the story played out was... decent... But overall, I couldn't stand it.

Once again, that's my opinion and that's all that was asked for.

bob8hiscow

I'm impressed, people normally say that -people that have another opinion than me are just primitive apes that don't know what is worth playing-but you just gibe your opinions and even say a few good things about the game,you also seam tho have played the game a little longer than other people that writhe a review after 1 hour gameplay. It's normal there are a few "star" games out there that I don't like not because there are bad,they are good but I simply never like them(that's the reason why I will never write a review about them).

The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts
This game is awfully hard to find
katie667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 katie667
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts
i am going to get it!! it will be kool ima gonna look on ebay!!
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
This game is awfully hard to findThe_Nintendawg
My Best Buy said it had 7 copies of it. I'm probably going to get it. I heard news that there would be more copies produced, so maybe you should check today if your stores have them, or wait a little.
pro_acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pro_acer
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
This game is a lot of fun and really addicting. It sort of took me a while to not get overwhelmed by the concept of fighting on both screens at the same time, but I eventually found out that fighting is easier if you look at the hinge of the ds and use your peripheral vision to fight. Maybe I just suck at the game, but I had to switch the difficulty to easy to defeat most of the bosses. Long combos are fun to do.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Best game for the DS right now in my opinion.
St3v3n3sS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 St3v3n3sS
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
The world ends with you is one of the most amazing DS games i've ever played. At first I didn't see why this game was so good, everything was so stale and the player only used a couple types of moves. Way to leave a bad impression on me in a trailer. I tried it out, and now I know. This game is the rox.
greaterlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 greaterlegion
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

the characters in this game rank as some of the most annoy ones out there...the whole cast is a top 10 list of characters you hate.

that being said this game is great, plot twist are excellent and the battle can be as easy or as hard as you want them to be, the PIN battle system is cool once you get used to it, being able to rack up 100+ combos if you can time the PIN refresh rate.

awesome graphics and it also rewards you if you dont play it fora few days.....the only downside i sometimes find, is getting lost or not being able to find where im surpossed to go. but still buy this game..its a must have