The Wii points system makes me want to pull my hair out!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_winner1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_winner1234
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

So this Goo game is going to be 1500 points right? I don't have any points. So essentially, I have to spend $20 if I want this!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Basically this forces me to buy 2 games, or else I'll have points sitting there forever.

Let's say after Goo, I want to buy a 1000 point game. I still have 500 leftover after Goo. So in order to buy that 1000 point game, I have to buy another 1000 point card...even though theoretically I should only need to buy 500 more!!

This makes me mad! Nintendo knows what they're doing here..this gives them more money. But as the consumer, it sucks.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

you could always use a credit card for the exact amount you want to spend though right?

i may be mistaken though :oops:

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
What you mention doesn't bother me because you can find something for 500 wii points. What I dislike is having something like 400 wii points.
SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts

So this Goo game is going to be 1500 points right? I don't have any points. So essentially, I have to spend $20 if I want this!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Basically this forces me to buy 2 games, or else I'll have points sitting there forever.

Let's say after Goo, I want to buy a 1000 point game. I still have 500 leftover after Goo. So in order to buy that 1000 point game, I have to buy another 1000 point card...even though theoretically I should only need to buy 500 more!!

This makes me mad! Nintendo knows what they're doing here..this gives them more money. But as the consumer, it sucks.

the_winner1234

So you're pretty much saying that you hate the way Nintendo does their Wii point system? At least it's better than Microsoft's price increments when using a credit card...(why do I want $12.50 worth of points?!?) Besides, why not buy a 500 point game? There are plenty out there that are fun. :P

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
Its really not that bad, but I do wish that they would just label it with an actual dollar amount.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
Its really not that bad, but I do wish that they would just label it with an actual dollar amount.Fredrick2003x

This method allows them to have easier advertising of prices worldwide. Still, I agree. There should be an option of price conversion on the shop channel (and XBLM for that matter).
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

That's the whole point of the system. They make it so you're likely to have points left over. This makes you want to buy more points to use the leftover ones and the cycle continues.

you could always use a credit card for the exact amount you want to spend though right?

i may be mistaken though :oops:

Jackboot343

You can only buy points in 1000 point increments.

Patch5129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Patch5129
Member since 2005 • 59 Posts

Two games for 20 bucks?

What exactly are you complaining about?

Oooooh You have to pay 15 for a full game, and one that you want. And then after that, you can go sellect another game that you want. Yup, pure torture right there.

I can totally see why you would rather spend 50+ on a game that might seem imcomplete and crappy.

Seriously, everyone should stop complaining about Mega Man being 1000 points, Braid being 1500 points, ect ect...

Cough up the 1500 and enjoy the game, or just hush.

Not everything can to be .99 cents from Itunes.

Avatar image for _Classic_Gamer_
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Classic_Gamer_
Member since 2007 • 4776 Posts
You don't have to buy 2 games. What is so bad about saving some points for later? I do that all the time.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
How many VC games and Wiiware titles do You estimate You will buy during the entire lifespan of the wii?
And how many points do You think will be left over at the end?
It's certainly not perfect, but aren't You turning it into something too big?
the_winner1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_winner1234
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

Two games for 20 bucks?

Oooooh You have to pay 15 for a full game, and one that you want. And then after that, you can go sellect another game that you want. Yup, pure torture right there.

I can totally see why you would rather spend 50+ on a game that might seem imcomplete and crappy.

Seriously, everyone should stop complaining about Mega Man being 1000 points, Braid being 1500 points, ect ect...

Patch5129
I shouldn't be forced to buy another game if I only intended to buy one. When I walk into a store to buy a game, I'm given change for the money leftover. They don't force me to pick out something else.

iTunes is a lot better in that you can pay the exact amount once you are done making your selections.
Km0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Km0n
Member since 2008 • 337 Posts
[QUOTE="Patch5129"]

Two games for 20 bucks?

the_winner1234

I shouldn't be forced to buy another game if I only intended to buy one. When I walk into a store to buy a game, I'm given change for the money leftover. They don't force me to pick out something else.

iTunes is a lot better in that you can pay the exact amount once you are done making your selections.

all of the point systems are like that, if you ever play maplestory or gunbound you'll know

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
It doesnt matter to me i usually use my left over points for DLC that id never buy normally....you gotta look on the bright side of things
Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

What you mention doesn't bother me because you can find something for 500 wii points. What I dislike is having something like 400 wii points.Devil-Itachi

so true.

Avatar image for adventureseeker
adventureseeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 adventureseeker
Member since 2007 • 899 Posts
Then get World of Goo for Pc you dumb***