The Smash Bros. Brawl thread (now with poll!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Project_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Project_g
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
[QUOTE="mrlinno"] Music is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, the composer for much of the Final Fantasy series!

http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.html
Link and info

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/music/mp3/main_theme.mp3
Music Download

ARE YOU SERIOUS??  Nobuo Uematsu?  They better release a soundtrack here in North America!
mrlinno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 mrlinno
Member since 2004 • 608 Posts
[QUOTE="Project_g"][QUOTE="mrlinno"] Music is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, the composer for much of the Final Fantasy series!

http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.html
Link and info

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/music/mp3/main_theme.mp3
Music Download

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Nobuo Uematsu? They better release a soundtrack here in North America!

Did you notice how awesome the music for the trailer sounded?!  YEA its Nobuo Uematsu!!
Firefox28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Firefox28
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
It is online, I think.  Does anyone know if you have to pay money for Wii WiFi?  Im pretty sure you have to buy an adapter if u dont have wireless internet, but there's no subscription fees or anything like that like there is for XBox Live is there?  I know DS WiFi is free, and knowing Nintendo, they will probably keep it that way for Wii....They better.

Online SSBB will be AWESOME.  They better have better server and options than they do on the DS wifi games though.
lbl1131lbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 lbl1131lbl
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts
This is too much for me. *faints* :Pmagiciandude

this is WAY to much for me :drops dead:
the trailer just made me want go pre-order the Wii :D
CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#205 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
wow this game looks AMAZING
BlackDragonX88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 BlackDragonX88
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts

This...THIS IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK!!! Man , I have been so zapped for energy all this week(Waiting to get out of school for summer...), This trailer has just awaked my love for Nintendo and maybe it's given me energy to do this stupid research for my final project!!!! 

Thank you Nintendo...Thank you!!! 

heyitsnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 heyitsnate
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
snake is there but were is raiden and since snake in the game so should sonic
Project_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Project_g
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
[QUOTE="Firefox28"]It is online, I think. Does anyone know if you have to pay money for Wii WiFi? Im pretty sure you have to buy an adapter if u dont have wireless internet, but there's no subscription fees or anything like that like there is for XBox Live is there? I know DS WiFi is free, and knowing Nintendo, they will probably keep it that way for Wii....They better.

Online SSBB will be AWESOME. They better have better server and options than they do on the DS wifi games though.

Nintendo WiFi is free and Wii comes with Wi-fi technology built in.  802.11 b/g.  a seperate LAN adapter will be sold if you want to use an ethernet cable.

here's a link:
http://wii.nintendo.com/hardware.html
gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
Posted this in its own thread, but thought it should go in the official SSBB thread as well, so.....:

I had an idea before SSBM came out, that each character should have a special attack when the acquire an item or maybe have a meter next to there percent damage that when full can activate a special. I just thought that would be a cool way to innovate the series and when watching the SSBB video i noticed mario pick up an item that resembled the SSB cirular/cross thingy emblem and he had a aura around him and then pulled off a huge combo (Watch the vid) also link does the same thing with a big slashing combo in the air, kinda like the final scene in FF VII: Advent Children except it had a little triforce flashing. Samus also seems to have a huge charge shot that she unloads on Metaknight. Do you guys think i'm onto something? I think it would be cool if they added special moves to the series, kinda like Powerstone on the DC.

(Sorry if this is old and sorry for the blob of text)
raphtmarqui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 raphtmarqui
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts

YES!!!  I'M SO HAPPY!!!!  They couldn't have made this better!  All the new characters are exactly what I was hoping for...  plus Solid Snake...  SO MUCH MORE than I was hoping for!  This is as good as the Zelda announcement, except even better, because we'd all given up on it!  Kudos to Nintendo for managing to make the game that everyone expected a surprise.evchoate999

i agree, SSBB has exceeded my expectations (which were high).

Thank God  the kept the GC controler

Awesome choices for first party charaters

The inclusion of flagship third party characters is awesome too (lets see some sonic and megaman)

shark2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 shark2k6
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

Posted this in its own thread, but thought it should go in the official SSBB thread as well, so.....:

I had an idea before SSBM came out, that each character should have a special attack when the acquire an item or maybe have a meter next to there percent damage that when full can activate a special. I just thought that would be a cool way to innovate the series and when watching the SSBB video i noticed mario pick up an item that resembled the SSB cirular/cross thingy emblem and he had a aura around him and then pulled off a huge combo (Watch the vid) also link does the same thing with a big slashing combo in the air, kinda like the final scene in FF VII: Advent Children except it had a little triforce flashing. Samus also seems to have a huge charge shot that he unloads on Metaknight. Do you guys think i'm onto something? I think it would be cool if they added special moves to the series, kinda like Powerstone on the DC.

(Sorry if this is old and sorry for the blob of text) gander448

Could be onto something, but you need to change that bolded word to "she" because Samus is a female.  Reading your posts, it could very well be a possibility, def sounds awesome.

-Shark2k

gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts

[QUOTE="gander448"]Posted this in its own thread, but thought it should go in the official SSBB thread as well, so.....:

I had an idea before SSBM came out, that each character should have a special attack when the acquire an item or maybe have a meter next to there percent damage that when full can activate a special. I just thought that would be a cool way to innovate the series and when watching the SSBB video i noticed mario pick up an item that resembled the SSB cirular/cross thingy emblem and he had a aura around him and then pulled off a huge combo (Watch the vid) also link does the same thing with a big slashing combo in the air, kinda like the final scene in FF VII: Advent Children except it had a little triforce flashing. Samus also seems to have a huge charge shot that he unloads on Metaknight. Do you guys think i'm onto something? I think it would be cool if they added special moves to the series, kinda like Powerstone on the DC.

(Sorry if this is old and sorry for the blob of text) shark2k6

Could be onto something, but you need to change that bolded word to "she" because Samus is a female. Reading your posts, it could very well be a possibility, def sounds awesome.

-Shark2k

whoops, wasn't really paying attention, i got excited, i've been wanting this game for so long and im so happy
sdgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 sdgreat
Member since 2004 • 150 Posts

anyone else think that Knuckles would be better than Sonic? (Knuckles is more of a fighter)

I guess they probably wouldn't add him without Sonic though

i-ninja-u-dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 i-ninja-u-dead
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

I'm sold :D

Avatar image for AntoniustheGrey
AntoniustheGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#215 AntoniustheGrey
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
Yeah this game looks really kewl I'm glad they are expanding their horizons for characters out of the "Nintendo Only" characters.  That makes it a lot better I think. :D
P047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#216 P047
Member since 2004 • 361 Posts
OMG, at the end, it's hilarious! I love it! That box better be in the game!
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Damn!!!! I'm so mad! I went at work and when I come back, everybody talk about SSBB. Anyway...

MetaKnight is awesome. Pit look better than I expected. Can't wait to play Wario.

Nintendo always surprises us. Nintendo officially owns E3 06.

withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 withouthatred
Member since 2006 • 6407 Posts
OMG, at the end, it's hilarious! I love it! That box better be in the game!P047
I bet it will make you temporarily invinsible or invisible.
lynk5786_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 lynk5786_basic
Member since 2002 • 57 Posts
OMG!!!!! Just got home and saw the trailer haven't laughed that hard in a while!! Wow snake fighting alongside Link and Mario, whats the world coming to.??!!!
shark1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 shark1014
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
OMG, at the end, it's hilarious! I love it! That box better be in the game!P047

Couldn't go to sleep so I will post this two lasts things for tonight and the first one is this quote here

Sakurai said the decision to include Solid Snake when Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include the Metal Gear character in the last Smash Bros. game. When asked about the possibility of Sonic the Hedgehog appearing in the game as well, Shigeru Miyamoto said: "There are probably possibilities for other third parties as well, and it maybe that even now there are corporate discussions going on about including some of these other characters."

Then this one here anwsers the quote of P047 here is a quote from the conference:

Then the subject turned to Solid Snake's role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After commenting it was a good question, Sakurai said he thought long and hard on how to fit Snake in, since he's usually armed with a gun. Sakurai said he doesn't want to incorporate real weapons in game, but if the characters used rocket launchers or other explosives it might be funny. He also said Snake will use his infamous cardboard box in the game.

The end of the trailer had me in tears from laughter it was funny as heck and I also laughed alot when Wario came riding in and arrived in his bumbling style then blew everyone up with his nuke of a Fart INCLUDING Mushroom cloud :lol:
thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#221 thisisjosh
Member since 2005 • 2845 Posts

wow, i just got home from going out to find this!!!!! i was shocked!!! and solid snake!!??? AWESOME!!! i Really and Truly can't wait for this one, but i guess i'll have to!!

hey everyone, remember this..........

shiverSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 shiverSN
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
AWEZOME, AMAZINGGGG

GOD

OMG

I'm full xD
EverAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 EverAB
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
This is gonna own nutsacks

I'm soo getting it
Acrius_King222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Acrius_King222
Member since 2004 • 1154 Posts
I want... I want...
Avatar image for xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
Member since 2004 • 1841 Posts
Wii has officially OWNED E3

Lycian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Lycian
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Yup!!! Confirmed Supers in the game, something people have been clamoring for, for a while now!

I LOVE HOW Link goes all Omnislash on Mario!!!

Mario's SUPER SCREEN FIREBALL is ownage too.

I wonder what every character's super is gonna be!! Obvious that Wario's is that fart haha!!

xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
[QUOTE="Lycian"]Yup!!! Confirmed Supers in the game, something people have been clamoring for, for a while now!

I LOVE HOW Link goes all Omnislash on Mario!!!

Mario's SUPER SCREEN FIREBALL is ownage too.

I wonder what every character's super is gonna be!! Obvious that Wario's is that fart haha!!

those weren't "supers" and nothing about supers was ever talked about. If anything, those moves were just apart of the promo video...

remember when samurai goroh was in the opening for the SSBM trailer? well, he wasn't a playable character. In fact, almost ALL of the content in the trailer for the last smash bros. was just fluff to pay homage to the characters.

There are NO super moves. I repeat NO SUPERS!!!!

I honestly think it would be an aweful idea. Smash is about depth in simplicity, not charging up a mega move like in a street fighter game.

Lycian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Lycian
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Sorry to get your "goat" heh...

But Mario picks up a Smash Bros icon item and performs a Super move (ie a move that is not normally performed with the game). So I guess if you can grab the super item before anyone else does you can dish out the damage.

And I hardly doubt it was made just for the trailer.
xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
[QUOTE="Lycian"]Sorry to get your "goat" heh...

But Mario picks up a Smash Bros icon item and performs a Super move (ie a move that is not normally performed with the game). So I guess if you can grab the super item before anyone else does you can dish out the damage.

And I hardly doubt it was made just for the trailer.

it is indeed possible, but I doubt it

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#230 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Why do you doubt it? Mario's attack was seriously overpowered, and Links looked like it was as well, if it was a one time use power-up, that would balance things out a decent amount.

I'm still hoping for an Advance Wars character to be included though.

Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Aforementioned
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts
Now they just need:

Sonic and Tails
Megaman
Bomberman

And they pretty much have a good portion of gaming history covered.
th2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 th2
Member since 2004 • 4099 Posts
Iam converted with Smash on the Wii.
th2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 th2
Member since 2004 • 4099 Posts
Iam converted with Smash on the Wii.
Crovax20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Crovax20
Member since 2004 • 3880 Posts

Wow, I thought Meta Knight would do better in the poll

Personally I would love to play him. He looked wicked in the trailer.
Kirby is one of my favorites in SSBM and I like the series on the portables.. So perhaps it is because I know Meta Knight better from the series..

Or more people are excited about Snake..

PsiStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 PsiStrike
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

This has been the BEST news I have heard in E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Aforementioned
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts
Think of the hilarity when Kirby eats Snake!!!!
Zelos-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Zelos-W
Member since 2005 • 408 Posts
Oh. My. God! I come online today and find this out! This is one of the sweetest days of my life!! But the characters I dont know, either Zero Suit Samus or Snake.. Although Metal Knight looks pretty cool! In fact they all do! And Link!! (I know hes not new, but just look at him!!)
TruePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 TruePrime
Member since 2005 • 245 Posts

Well I would be happy if these where the only new chars, but if they where to add more, I would go For

Sonic

X and Zero (from Mega Man X series)

Shy Guy

King Boo.

killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#239 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts
Im going to be peeved if all the Nintendo Characters arent in it and they are adding third party.
Dasiy, Waluigi, Shyguy, Dry Bones, Koopa Troopa, basically all the staples of atleast the mushroom kingdom.
Ryle_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#240 Ryle_Boy
Member since 2006 • 2543 Posts
Wow, this was really quite random, out of the blue. I'm off to have a cup of tea, and let it sink in. YEAH BABY WE'VE GOT T3H SM4SH BROS.!!!!! Oh, there.
cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#241 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts
solid snake!!?? man!! i'm getting goosebumps really. i can imagine naruto and goku in the game. that would be really good. :D
Falcomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#242 Falcomaster
Member since 2004 • 116 Posts

SBB!!!!!!! SBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!*faints*.............SBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*faint agan.

Colin_ZTP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Colin_ZTP
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Of course Samus and Zerosuit Samus is two seperate characters.... or maybe it is like Zelda in Melee? who knows!Anyway, Finally Meta Knight is a character in SSB... Now I just want Omega Metroid to be a character in SSB too and then I will be happy for 15 years (Yeah, something like that)

ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
snake should give link a run for his money as my main character. SSB:B baby!!
Avatar image for MeanPenguinXman
MeanPenguinXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 MeanPenguinXman
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts
since sega is all like 'floating in space' sonic is most definately gonna be on it, the only way he wont be is if they want to hear it from all over. but enough about the possbility of him and megaman cuz i know its been posted alot, but we're all so excited. when i saw that trailer two tears came to my eyes, and i dont even cry. i hope they put the following characters on it ridley, scyther, one of the zelda common bad guys like lizalflo, definatley banjo and kazooie, i would love to see them take pichu off and replace it with raichu (cuz thats the least they would do) also i want gulliver from animal crossing, but i dont know why! holy f$$%in s*^$ i can hardly type straight i have to go call my friends!!!!!!!!
dinsfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 dinsfire
Member since 2004 • 280 Posts
Great minds think alike.
I suggested Nintendo should use an item for super attacks and what do you know, they actualy did.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't send an email or something. But man do i feel good about myself.

I also thought Nintendo should have a Mario game that looked a little darker. and theres galaxys dark blue look.
Same thing was with a console version of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars.

I also thought Nintendo shoud bring back Excitebike a la burnout. And there's ExciteTruck, not the same but fair enough.

I know what you guys are thinking now, (shut up you man) or something like it.
But all this just made my day.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#247 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Wario will own this game. Well the new characters anyway.

manziny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 manziny
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
YaY state of shock, looks really good, cant wait for more surprises, Bring on Wii
Avatar image for MeanPenguinXman
MeanPenguinXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MeanPenguinXman
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

i honestly can not wait every minute that goes by i cannot think about anything else o boy what am i gonna do to pass the time............. i am screwed

i love how now they have 'super special attacks'. notice in the video how mario unleashes a huge blast as does samus too (i bet to swich between reg and zero suit it will be just like zelda/sheik) wario's special move, apparently, is a massive fart (im so gonna kick his ass as metaknight or samus) and link's badass super slash triforce attack looked cooler than cool. also i loved the one kirby does when he cooks his oppenents in the big pot straight from his old game. have yall ever seen the first episode of futurama where fry slips into the machine that freezes him for a certain amount of time, well i want one of those to freeze me until this damn game comes out

rikjuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#250 rikjuh
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts

i would looove to see a few more metroid characters in the game myself. it would really own to be able to play with a space pirate for instance...

oh well, gonna have to wait till 2007 :(