The only game that has managed to haunt me through the years.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wraith-squad66 (1368 posts) -

When The world ends with you was released, i didn't have the funds to buy it at the time, but i was extremely interested in it. Eventually i forgot about the title, and now it has come back to haunt me. In countless RPG recommendation forums i read, this game is always prominently championed by all. Is there anywhere i can purchase it??? I have traveled to many EB game locations far and wide (im from canada, EB games= gamestop) but i still have no luck in finding it. I'm the type who prefers to buy games new/unplayed but i can see that is impossible with this game, so it doesn't matter any more! i must play it!!!

#2 Posted by YoshiYogurt (6008 posts) -

http://www.amazon.com/The-World-Ends-With-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00136MBHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355397370&sr=8-1&keywords=twewy

Worth every penny

#3 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2998 posts) -
heard it was good.
#4 Posted by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -
It's really overrated. It's a good game, but it's not the greatest RPG ever made, of this generation, or even on the DS.
#5 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -
It's really overrated. It's a good game, but it's not the greatest RPG ever made, of this generation, or even on the DS.Minishdriveby
People do over do it when they talk about the game. All the same I loved it, it's still one of my favorite DS games. Partly because it's very different then anything else out there.
#6 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
It's really overrated. It's a good game, but it's not the greatest RPG ever made, of this generation, or even on the DS.Minishdriveby
It's because it was something completely new from Square Enix this generation, was a legitimately good use of the touch screen, and a lot of originality in an RPG that was set in modern times. No, not the best game, but certainly greater than the sum of its parts.
#7 Posted by spike6958 (6629 posts) -
I seem to be the only person who didn't like this game. I've played though it once and disliked, and tried to again, but stopped less than half way though hating it even more than I did after my first playthrough. The gameplay is fine, but I can't stand the story or characters, people say FFXIII has a bad story and characters but this game is easily worse.
#8 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
I have it but haven't started it.
Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#9 Posted by darkspineslayer (22393 posts) -
Amazon is basically your choice. If that isn't appealing to you, and you have an iPad or iPhone, than the App Store version is worth a look. Would recommend the DS version first though.
#10 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15556 posts) -

When The world ends with you was released, i didn't have the funds to buy it at the time, but i was extremely interested in it. Eventually i forgot about the title, and now it has come back to haunt me. In countless RPG recommendation forums i read, this game is always prominently championed by all. Is there anywhere i can purchase it??? I have traveled to many EB game locations far and wide (im from canada, EB games= gamestop) but i still have no luck in finding it. I'm the type who prefers to buy games new/unplayed but i can see that is impossible with this game, so it doesn't matter any more! i must play it!!!

wraith-squad66
I'm sure you can just buy the game new online
#11 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -
I have it but haven't started it.Blabadon
Should fix that man, if you have some spare time you'll probably find you like it.
#12 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]I have it but haven't started it.Will47
Should fix that man, if you have some spare time you'll probably find you like it.

Will! Didn't know you still posted here! All the free time I use for gaming is being divided between my DS and PSP. I started some amazing games like 999 so I'm switching games around (I bought a huge amount recently). Dude, how' have you been? Like the sig.