The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]well true, i forgot that existed.. but like every other HD re-release, it will be different, this one much more than all the others. and did you really just spell dumb ass wrong? :PGreekGameManiac

Hopefully it will.

And lol,sorry.

Dumb ass,there,satisified?

:)

102670.gif

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#402 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

the cel shading seems to be gone in those screenshots.GreekGameManiac
What do you consider cel-shading? The original Wind Waker didn't have dark lines around everything like hardcore cel-shaded stuff does. It only had basic shadows that gave the primary colors on the character models a cool look. The remake looks like it has the exact same thing....

But you're right, it does look different. Everything is less square and looks way better and brighter and not nearly as blurry. I remember always trying to angle the camera behind the sail on the boat because that would eliminate the blur filter on the distance and make everything look sharper and better. Just look at Outset Island on the title screen (which doesn't have the blur filter) then the island while you're playing the game. You'll see what I mean.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#403 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]the cel shading seems to be gone in those screenshots.JordanElek

What do you consider cel-shading? The original Wind Waker didn't have dark lines around everything like hardcore cel-shaded stuff does. It only had basic shadows that gave the primary colors on the character models a cool look. The remake looks like it has the exact same thing....

But you're right, it does look different. Everything is less square and looks way better and brighter and not nearly as blurry. I remember always trying to angle the camera behind the sail on the boat because that would eliminate the blur filter on the distance and make everything look sharper and better. Just look at Outset Island on the title screen (which doesn't have the blur filter) then the island while you're playing the game. You'll see what I mean.

Have you seen the difference between Okami and Okami HD? Despite the higher definition, it loses the "paint" feel the whole game had. I prefer Okami over Okami HD. Of course, it's WAY to early to make judgments on Wind Waker HD. But my point is that unlike OoT for example, WW didn't need a graphical overhaul. It still looks amazing. And my fear is that HD will kill the cel shading a bit.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#404 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]the cel shading seems to be gone in those screenshots.JordanElek

Uh.it DOESN'T have the cartoony effect anymore.

It's not the same,the graphics are different,yes.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#405 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Wind Waker HD does, without a doubt, still look cartoony.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
Wind Waker HD does, without a doubt, still look cartoony.Haziqonfire
clearly not cartoony at all :|
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 JordanElek
Link looks photorealistic. Uncanny valley at its finest.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
Link looks photorealistic. Uncanny valley at its finest.JordanElek
I'm thoroughly enjoying this passive aggressive sarcastic Jordan that I've been seeing the last few days!
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]Link looks photorealistic. Uncanny valley at its finest.WreckEm711
I'm thoroughly enjoying this passive aggressive sarcastic Jordan that I've been seeing the last few days!

Past few days??? Haha!! I had to travel for work and I stayed in a hotel last night. Since it's always so boring I usually bring an old console with me; it had been Gamecube and PS2 in the past, but yesterday was the first time I was able to bring my Wii since I now have a WiiU. Let's just say it looked so weird to turn it on and have pretty much nothing on it since it was transferred to my WiiU. However, since I am such a pushover to the power of suggestion I totally played Xenoblade for hours last night since I've been dying to after the XenoU announcement. So fun... except I wasn't paying attention at one point in some Marsh and I was minding my own business and the next thing I knew I was fighting a level 84 bird-type creature and I'm only at level 27.... I could tell right away that this wasn't going to end well...
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 roboccs
Just had a thought... Shulk is going to be in the next Smash Brothers game right???
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 jeffster85
[QUOTE="roboccs"]Just had a thought... Shulk is going to be in the next Smash Brothers game right???

it would help sell the new game, so its a no brainer
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 roboccs
[QUOTE="roboccs"]Just had a thought... Shulk is going to be in the next Smash Brothers game right???jeffster85

So you think I can contact Nintendo with my idea and collect royalties when this happens?? I could use the cash. :P
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 jeffster85
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="roboccs"]Just had a thought... Shulk is going to be in the next Smash Brothers game right???roboccs

So you think I can contact Nintendo with my idea and collect royalties when this happens?? I could use the cash. :P

yes, but as you now collaborated with me, i get 50%.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 roboccs
[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="jeffster85"] it would help sell the new game, so its a no brainerjeffster85

35 tops...
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 jeffster85
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="roboccs"] So you think I can contact Nintendo with my idea and collect royalties when this happens?? I could use the cash. :Proboccs

35 tops...

without me, you had nothing! 50!!! :evil:
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 roboccs
42.6%... Final Offer I seriously love being a dork!! :lol:
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 jeffster85
[QUOTE="roboccs"]42.6%... Final Offer I seriously love being a dork!! :lol:

nope. holding firm :evil: 50 or i'll *come find you* its up to you....
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#418 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]Link looks photorealistic. Uncanny valley at its finest.WreckEm711

Welcome to my life being friends with him lol

This is how ever single day goes

Jason to Jordan: I'm on edge today (Jordan knows I'm worried when I have an attack I could die)

Jordan to Jason: Don't die

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 roboccs
[QUOTE="roboccs"]42.6%... Final Offer I seriously love being a dork!! :lol:jeffster85

Yeah like you could handle Detroit... (even though I don't live in Detroit my arguement sounds better if I just associated myself with it...)
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 jeffster85
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="roboccs"]42.6%... Final Offer I seriously love being a dork!! :lol:roboccs

Yeah like you could handle Detroit... (even though I don't live in Detroit my arguement sounds better if I just associated myself with it...)

Detroit is my beyatch.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 roboccs
:lol: I have no words for that! Well played indeed.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 jeffster85
:lol: I have no words for that! Well played indeed.roboccs
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 jeffster85
in other news, snow sucks when i'm trying to get work done on my car...
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 WreckEm711

I don't really get the appeal of that Terraria game.. It looks like a bad Minecraft ripoff:?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#425 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I don't really get the appeal of that Terraria game.. It looks like a bad Minecraft ripoff:?

WreckEm711

It's actually very varied and also has things like boss characters and NPC's

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Jaysonguy

It's actually very varied and also has things like boss characters and NPC's

Really? Hmm, I'll have to look at some more info on it, I just don't understand how you'd be able to build very complex stuff on something like that with a controller.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 JordanElek

For some reason my teenage self has been clawing its way out of my soul lately, and I don't know why. Well, most of the sarcasm has been aimed at Jason because he's been extra bad lately, so maybe that's it.

And Greek, that sarcasm was undeserved because your opinion this time about Wind Waker is nowhere near as crazy as Jason's about ZombiU and the new Xeno game. After thinking about it, the Wind Waker remake looks more like Toy Story than Powderpuff Girls, so you have a point.

Welcome to my life being friends with him lol

This is how ever single day goes

Jason to Jordan: I'm on edge today (Jordan knows I'm worried when I have an attack I could die)

Jordan to Jason: Don't die

Jaysonguy

It's more like

Jason to Jordan: I take six showers a day and wear a hazmat suit around the house, do you?

Jordan to Jason: No, and you shouldn't either.

Jason to Jordan: WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE?!?!

Jordan to Jason: Don't die.....

Then I whisper to myself "because you raise my self esteem by at least two notches every day."

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

I have another quick question about the WiiU.

I've noticed on Miiverse in the communities sometimes people post screen shots. Do you have to use the gamepad's camera to take one or how does that work? My wife and I have been trying to figure it out but.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 JordanElek

I've noticed on Miiverse in the communities sometimes people post screen shots. Do you have to use the gamepad's camera to take one or how does that work? My wife and I have been trying to figure it out but.

J_Ford

When you press the home button, it captures whatever is on the screen at the time. So when you post in Miiverse from the Home menu while you're in a game, the option to post a screenshot with your message will be there.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 J_Ford

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

JordanElek

When you press the home button, it captures whatever is on the screen at the time. So when you post in Miiverse from the Home menu while you're in a game, the option to post a screenshot with your message will be there.

Alright thanks.

I wish we knew that last night. We were playing Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. I was playing as Sonic and after we finished a race he glitched into his boat while still driving on the track and was going faster then everyone in their cars. It was pretty funny :lol:

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 JordanElek

I wish we knew that last night. We were playing Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. I was playing as Sonic and after we finished a race he glitched into his boat while still driving on the track and was going faster then everyone in their cars. It was pretty funny :lol:

J_Ford
lol, yeah, I was so happy to have that feature when I came across a frozen deer in AC3. I tried a bunch of different poses, including one where the deer's tail was coming straight through Connor's crotch, but I ended up having the deer's head protruding from Connor's stomach. Playing games on the WiiU is at least 10% more fun at all times because you're always looking out for an opportunity to take a stupid picture.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 MethodManFTW
Yo, there better not be another Xenogears game.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 J_Ford

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

JordanElek

lol, yeah, I was so happy to have that feature when I came across a frozen deer in AC3. I tried a bunch of different poses, including one where the deer's tail was coming straight through Connor's crotch, but I ended up having the deer's head protruding from Connor's stomach. Playing games on the WiiU is at least 10% more fun at all times because you're always looking out for an opportunity to take a stupid picture.

Lol, that sounds awesome.

Yeah it definitely is, I have a feeling I'll be looking for excuses to take pictures from now on :P

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Wind Waker HD does, without a doubt, still look cartoony.Haziqonfire

You don't get it.

It does,but it doesn't have the cel shading effect anymore.

It's not the same.

It now looks like a game with advanced graphics,but lost a big part of it's charm.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 WreckEm711
Beat Halo 4 last night on legendary. So cool. :D Love the direction 343 took with the series, but now I have to wait for the fifth :(
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 jeffster85
Yo, there better not be another Xenogears game.MethodManFTW
lol?
IveDatedUrMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 IveDatedUrMom
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]the cel shading seems to be gone in those screenshots.GreekGameManiac

Uh.it DOESN'T have the cartoony effect anymore.

It's not the same,the graphics are different,yes.

The cartoony effect is there, the graphics are still cel-shaded. You don't like it because it does not really fit with your idea of the original, but you need to accept it. Either that, or go play the old one and stop your whining.
IveDatedUrMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 IveDatedUrMom
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]well true, i forgot that existed.. but like every other HD re-release, it will be different, this one much more than all the others. and did you really just spell dumb ass wrong? :PGreekGameManiac

Hopefully it will.

And lol,sorry.

Dumb ass,there,satisified?

:)

Stop insulting people please. You are a terrible user.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 jeffster85
i failed :(
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 WreckEm711
i failed :(jeffster85
?
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 jeffster85
[QUOTE="jeffster85"]i failed :(WreckEm711
?

tried to get ni no kuni CE for $1 on ebay :P
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 roboccs
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"][QUOTE="jeffster85"]i failed :(jeffster85
?

Has anyone here ever succeeded at that??
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"] ?roboccs

One time I purchased 10 snow cones from Bahama Bucks and got an 11th free. Same thing right? :P

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 jeffster85
[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"] ?

dunno. i just figured i'd put in the offer to see if they'd accept for lulz sake :P i then tried 3.14. lol. that got denied too. haha. but he took it as a joke so it's all good :)
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yo, there better not be another Xenogears game.jeffster85
lol?

It's just one franchise I'd like to see only have one game. Xenogears is Xenogears. If they want to expand, continue that crappy Xenosaga series. :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 haziqonfire
It's my last semester of my undergrad and I've stopped caring. I'm soooooooooooo lazy to do any homework, assignments and readings. D:
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 JordanElek

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yo, there better not be another Xenogears game.MethodManFTW
lol?

It's just one franchise I'd like to see only have one game. Xenogears is Xenogears. If they want to expand, continue that crappy Xenosaga series. :P

Have you looked into the Perfect Works book? The trailer for the new Xenoblade made me wonder if they could somehow link the two game worlds, so I was looking at the Wikipedia page for Xenogears to refresh my memory of the story and found out that Tanaka put SO MUCH more work into that game than I could've ever guessed based on the game itself.

And I knew that the Xenosaga games were set in the same universe as Xenogears, but I only finished the first one and couldn't for the life of me make it through the second and never touched the third.

Anyway, somebody did a lot of work on an English translation of Perfect Works. It's a pain to navigate because it's all in Flickr pics, but it has a ton of information about that universe.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 WreckEm711
It's my last semester of my undergrad and I've stopped caring. I'm soooooooooooo lazy to do any homework, assignments and readings. D:Haziqonfire
That's how I felt last semester, this year I feel the opposite. I want to make 100% sure there isn't even any concern of possibly failing a class and missing my graduation date :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It's my last semester of my undergrad and I've stopped caring. I'm soooooooooooo lazy to do any homework, assignments and readings. D:WreckEm711
That's how I felt last semester, this year I feel the opposite. I want to make 100% sure there isn't even any concern of possibly failing a class and missing my graduation date :P

That is a possibility too, but I've been pretty good with the courses I'm taking so far. They're not hard, but everything's been regurgitated from my program over the last 5 years...
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 roboccs

[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="jeffster85"] tried to get ni no kuni CE for $1 on ebay :PWreckEm711

One time I purchased 10 snow cones from Bahama Bucks and got an 11th free. Same thing right? :P

Yes. So what you're telling me is that this HAS happened before.

And the tower in Final Fantasy 6 that only allows you to use magic sucks...