The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3051 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

that was just heartbreaking yesterday. after so many outcomes taking place the last few weeks, there was actually a really good chance that steelers would get in. 0-4 start is just too deep of a hole to expect to crawl out of.

and no, i'm not gonna say anything was wrong about the "non-penalty" at the end. they missed the kick. pure and simple. why get a do-over because of a technicality?

Well it's a penalty, it's like if a defender was offsides and got a sack to win the game, it's not fair

Saying that, it's hard to feel bad for a team that doesn't have 11 wins and missing the playoffs.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3052 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Got tickets to a Tech basketball game for Christmas that we went to tonight, beat the little sisters of the poor by about fourty, was a very entertaining game watching the players just go out and have fun haha. Holiday Bowl now! Hope we don't get blasted :(

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3053 TTUalumni13

Hah! 22 point underdogs win by 14 and controlled throughout, huge win for the 1st year head coach :D

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3054  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

that was just heartbreaking yesterday. after so many outcomes taking place the last few weeks, there was actually a really good chance that steelers would get in. 0-4 start is just too deep of a hole to expect to crawl out of.

and no, i'm not gonna say anything was wrong about the "non-penalty" at the end. they missed the kick. pure and simple. why get a do-over because of a technicality?

Well it's a penalty, it's like if a defender was offsides and got a sack to win the game, it's not fair

Saying that, it's hard to feel bad for a team that doesn't have 11 wins and missing the playoffs.

but in your example, an actual advantage takes place. not true for a kick ;)

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3055 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@ttualumni13: I started watching the bowl game then decided gaming was more important! :)

Glad your team held on.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3056  Edited By haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The best football team are the Toronto Argonauts, we won the Super Bowl last year.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3057 roboccs

Can't deny the Argos!!

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3058  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Assassin's Creed 2 is what the 1st one should have been.

I figure I'd say that only 4 years late instead of 5 years. It is better than the 1st one in every way: combat, stealth, sidequests, story, etc....though memory kind of recollects that I was more impressed with the graphics from the 1st game than the 2nd. AC2 is awesome, yes it is.

I also went ahead and got Brotherhood. Freekin Brotherhood.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3059 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Has anyone had a chance to use both XB1 and PS4 controllers? What are your impressions?

It's been a long while since i've used my PS3 (since GTA5). I tried using the dualshock 3 yesterday and it just feels really weird after playing so much with the Gamepad/Pro Controller and 360 Controller (for my PC). Sticks are crazy loose, controller feels small and cramped and i've gotten too used to having ZL/ZR as the primary buttons for aiming/shooting. I used to think the DS3 was fine back when my only other controller was the Wiimote. After using the Wii U controllers a lot (which are more similar to Xbox layout), i'm starting to see why people didn't like the DS3.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3060 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@wiifan001 said:

I also went ahead and got Brotherhood. Freekin Brotherhood.

That's good because Brotherhood is the best one.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3061 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

How are you guys ringing in the new year?

I'm gonna chill with my villagers in Animal Crossing. There's a big countdown set up! :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3062  Edited By Jaysonguy

@moltenix said:

Has anyone had a chance to use both XB1 and PS4 controllers? What are your impressions?

Have both consoles

Honestly each one has strengths and weaknesses

The PS4 controller still has the sticks on the bottom which is bad but the whole design makes it less of a chore to held. Sticks are also short.

The Xbox 1 has great buttons, the best bumpers and triggers. Force feedback is the greatest. The problem?

The sticks. They're longer and looser than the PS4 sticks, maybe as loose as the Wii U gamepad which is bad. When I used the in house versions of the Xbox 1 controllers the sticks were tighter, the retail versions are looser.

I like each one, I don't know if anything will ever beat the 360 controller but they're good. Huge upgrade for Sony, more of a lateral move for Microsoft.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3063  Edited By TTUalumni13

Jay, wtheck man, why are we not Wii U friends yet?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3064 Jaysonguy

@ttualumni13 said:

Jay, wtheck man, why are we not Wii U friends yet?

We need to fix that!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3065  Edited By TTUalumni13

@Jaysonguy: Yeah! WreckEm711, as per usual haha.

Is there anyone else on here I missed? I thought I had everyone on my list already but went over it to kick some COD people off and realized I don't haha.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3066  Edited By JordanElek

@ttualumni13 said:

@Jaysonguy: Yeah! WreckEm711, as per usual haha.

Is there anyone else on here I missed? I thought I had everyone on my list already but went over it to kick some COD people off and realized I don't haha.

ACIV still has you log into Uplay on the WiiU, right? I wonder if there's a way to be friends through Uplay so our fleet stuff can be better. I played it on the PC and Jason is playing on PS4.... there should be a way for us to connect still.

I finished it yesterday anyway, but maybe I'll go back to it some day. There's such an insane amount of optional content in that game that I had to give up on it and go for the main missions instead or I'd never finish it. I have too many other games to play.

Edit: We can be Uplay friends! Yippee. Here's my profile.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3067  Edited By roboccs

@moltenix: didn't do a lot, got sucked into the Chik-fil-et bowl... It was really entertaining!

Then

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3068  Edited By JordanElek

Gotta test a formatting thing for the new thread.

Welcome to the new thread where the text looks like it's going to be all on top of itself but I don't know if it actually will because there's no preview option!

That looks nothing like it does before it's submitted.

The thread is ready, just need a mod to lock this one at some point today so it's not confusing. Get your last words in now!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3069 roboccs

Nice! Can't wait Jordan.

Hey Haz, you gonna watch the winter classic at all?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#3070  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am unsticking and locking this one because Jordan PMed me about creating a new one in a few hours!