_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#351 _HazBro_
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

Wow that's a pretty good length, I hope I don't quit halfway lol. I've been really into it though, even reading the journal every time there's an update has been pretty entertaining for me.

I was reading up on Bravely Default -- about the development and localization process -- and I had completely forgotten that they're making a sequel. I wonder if it'll end up taking as long to be localized or not, but initially they made the game to cater to Japanese audiences only and had no idea that it'd have any appeal for a western release. I hope Bravely Default sells well enough to warrant the sequel's localization. It was fairly hard for me to find a retail copy of the game so I hope that's a good sign.

Dragon Quest VII would be nice too, Square Enix had a number of great DS releases, but with mobile they've ignored mostly ignored the 3DS.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#352 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@moltenix said:

Good ol' Gamespot reviews...

If it weren't for the Nintendo forums, i'd have left here long ago. :P

Looks like they're not clouding their review with nostalgia from the awful Rare series that killed the franchise.

I really like DKC. One of the few SNES games I actually go back and replay every now and then.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#353 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm not completely discrediting the GS review, but it seem most other reviews have the game at an 8 or above. Only 6 reviews out of 38-something rated it a 7 or lower. I'm still looking forward to the game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#354 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@moltenix said:

Good ol' Gamespot reviews...

If it weren't for the Nintendo forums, i'd have left here long ago. :P

Looks like they're not clouding their review with nostalgia from the awful Rare series that killed the franchise.

I really like DKC. One of the few SNES games I actually go back and replay every now and then.

The first one was great but from there on in it was too much of the same without any new blood.

It seems that whoever is on Donkey Kong just runs it into the ground with the same gameplay, I don't know if it's the devs or Nintendo themselves.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Ugh, just realized I still have $62 credit at EB Games from who knows when.

I already have DK preordered elsewhere for $40 and there aren't really any other games I want right now. The fact that they've jacked up the prices of new games in Canada really makes me not want to do business with them on future releases. 3DS games like Layton and Yoshi's Island are $45 and games like Destiny for $69.99. I'm not exactly looking to get any new system or accessories either.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@moltenix: Since you already have the store credit, if you buy a future new release there they won't be making any extra money, they already have your money.

In other news... MY 3DS arrived a few minutes ago!! WORK NEEDS TO END NOW SO I CAN PLAY!!!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Man y'all are making me want to get a 3DS and games instead of a PS4. I've just got such a bitter taste about it from the data loss when I had one before, that I'm hesitant to pick one up, especially since my wii u has been giving me problems, and I just don't trust Nintendo hardware these days. Sigh, conflict.

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By _HazBro_

@ttualumni13: You like Nintendo games. You need a 3DS, it's not even a question. I want a PS4 too but there's nothing on it right now and IMO it's still too expensive.

You played Retro City Rampage right? Kind of tempted to get the 3DS version.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 roboccs

@ttualumni13: I hear you, I still want a PS4 eventually but I don't see any must have games coming anytime soon. I can still get Dragon Age 3 on PS3 and a new Tales game is coming for PS3 as well. Right now the only must have I can think of coming out eventually for PS4 is FF15. I would like the MLB The Show as well.

I've never had issues with Nintendo hardware except I had to send my wii in for the common loud disc issue. Still rocking my DS Phat that is perfect and my WiiU has been perfect too.

I wonder if some of the "tweaks" you did to your WiiU have anything to do with your issues...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By MethodManFTW

@ttualumni13: You a big Battlefield fan? BF4 is the only game I've had a lot of fun with on my PS4 so far.. Resogun is really cool, but I'm just not very good at. I absolutely adore Outlast, but I don't really want to play it anymore... Too scary.

InFAMOUS: Second Son comes out March 21st and I am soooo hyped. That is the reason I bought my PS4 a few months ago.. Can't wait for it.

Though lately all my time has been eaten up by Titanfall... God damn that game is so fun. Ye old PS4/PC/3DS (and to a lesser extent PS3/Vita) combo has been working great for me.

I don't play shit on my 3DS, but I own games I know are good. :P

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 moltenix

@ttualumni13: You don't have a 3DS?! Get one now silly. :P

I'll admit the PS4 is pretty tempting but I can honestly say i'm interested in more Wii U games than PS4 games right now, and everyone knows the Wii U is doomed and has no games to play. ;)

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#362 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I dont play my PS4 as much, but that will probably change once FFXIV hits in April. I'm always on the 3DS however.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Jaysonguy

@MethodManFTW said:

Though lately all my time has been eaten up by Titanfall... God damn that game is so fun.

My girlfriend started playing that last night, she's got an insane K/D ratio.

She's the one who beats you so bad you stop playing lol that's why I don't play her

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By MethodManFTW

@Jaysonguy said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Though lately all my time has been eaten up by Titanfall... God damn that game is so fun.

My girlfriend started playing that last night, she's got an insane K/D ratio.

She's the one who beats you so bad you stop playing lol that's why I don't play her

Yeah my KDR right now is ~5, which is insane because my KDR in battlefield 4 is usually between .9 and 1.9..

Also, it's a team game, so be on the same team!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 yokofox33

I haven't even tried the Titanfall beta yet. What a waste of a code...

I just lack the motivation to game on any console right now.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 roboccs

My 3DS friend code:

Roboccs: 1091-9517-2905

Add me!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#367  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

The Swapper is awesome. I bought the current Humble Indie Bundle solely for The Swapper, but it has a few other good games I've been kind of interested in, too, like Guacamelee and Antichamber.

I loaded up The Swapper just to see how it looked and how it played with a controller, and I ended up playing for over two hours and had to force myself to stop. It has the atmosphere of Metroid and the structure of Toki Tori 2. It isn't quite as brilliant as the latter and not as exploration-heavy as the former, but as a puzzle room game, it's fantastic.

@roboccs: Added. Mine is 1332-7702-0947.

I wish they had been able to add WiiU Miiverse friend functionality to the 3DS. Adding friends is so much easier that way.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By TTUalumni13

@moltenix: I know, I feel like such an outsider now haha, when I had a 3DS and Nintendo blanked it, the 3ds was all doom and gloom, now its the conquering handheld hero :P

@MethodManFTW: Not a big BF fan unfortunately, I love the concept bit it feels like a game that is too constrained by consoles. I am really excited for Second Son but i'm really hesitant because Infamous 2 really turned me off to the series. Definitely something to think about!

@roboccs: Honestly, the main reason I want a PS4 is elder scrolls online, so I can play it offscreen on my Vita. So I should probably wait until the console is cheaper and the MMO has had bugs worked out.. Blah! I really don't think the Homebrew in the Wii Mode has anything to do with it, there are no reported cases of vWii modification having any effect on Wii U mode, since it's completely separated, even if you brick your vWii, the Wii U still functions like normal.

@_hazbro_: Yeah Fire Emblem and Bravery Default among others are making me long for it.. I will have to mull it over for a while. Yeah I bought Retro City Rampage on Vita and Wii so I can play it at home or on the go.. Its an awesome game, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! I agree on the expense on the PS4.. especially since you pretty much have to get playstation plus...

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 roboccs

I'm still really early in the game but so far A Link Between Worlds seems awesome. It feels like ALttP but updated. I haven't even started Bravely Default yet. But hopefully I'll find time this evening.

The only thing I didn't like at first was the game requiring me to use the thumb pad but I got used to it quick.

I'll need to fiddle with other features like AR games and the demos I downloaded which is something I forgot all about. I got the Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, and Mario/Luigi demos.

So much to look forward to later and this weekend!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 yokofox33

@roboccs: A Link Between Worlds is awesome. I'm not even a big Zelda fan and it instantly became one of my favorite 3DS games. It was a bit easier than other Zelda games I played, but the gameplay was super fun. Loved the merging into walls ability.

Also, Valkyrie/Spell Fencer is an awesome combo in Bravely Default. Adding elemental magic to an already strong Jump attack makes it ever deadlier. Sweet. I have Edea in that role right now.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 Allicrombie

@JordanElek: @roboccs:

added you guys! mine is 1392 - 4953 - 3932

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By moltenix

@yokofox33:

Spellfencer is a really great support class. I wound up replacing my Black Mage with a Ninja/Spellfencer combo and it worked so much better. Later on, the mage starts consuming too much MP and damage output isn't much better than the physical attackers.

For those of you playing BD, i'd also highly recommend the Spiritmaster w/ White Mage combo once you unlock it. Spiritmaster gives you ridiculously nice buffs, reduces White Magic MP consumption and gains passive skills that increase the amount that you heal.

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 _HazBro_

I really enjoyed ALBW despite it being fairly easy. I can see why so many people picked it as their GOTY.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By JordanElek

@moltenix said:

@yokofox33:

Spellfencer is a really great support class. I wound up replacing my Black Mage with a Ninja/Spellfencer combo and it worked so much better. Later on, the mage starts consuming too much MP and damage output isn't much better than the physical attackers.

That makes sense. Right now, my Tiz is a Spellfencer Knight (Spellfencer first to build that job for him), and he's basically doing the job of a Black Mage, which I don't have in my party right now. You only need to cast the spell once to do several turns of elemental damage, so it's much more MP efficient than a Black Mage.

I also love the Ranger's Target abilities. I'm still building that class for one character because I didn't unlock it too long ago, but having that as a secondary job will be perfect. For some reason, being guaranteed to nail any target's weak point every time is so satisfying.

Bravely Default's mechanics are nigh on perfect. If only it had a less cliche story, it would be the perfect JRPG. I usually struggle through the combat in these games to experience the story, but this game is pushing me along through its combat mechanics alone. I want more jobs, I want more skills.

FFXIII is the only other JRPG that has been like this for me. But that game's story wasn't so hackneyed.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 roboccs

@Allicrombie: Nice! I'll be sure to add you when I fire up the 3DS later this evening.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By Allicrombie

@roboccs: thanks ! I play a lot of Animal Crossing.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By Jaysonguy

Mine

4597-0757-1189

@Allicrombie said:

I play a lot of Animal Crossing.

Me too

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 Allicrombie

@Jaysonguy said:

Mine

4597-0757-1189

@Allicrombie said:

I play a lot of Animal Crossing.

Me too

added!

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By _HazBro_
@roboccs said:

My 3DS friend code:

Roboccs: 1091-9517-2905

Add me!

Hey Roboccs, I added you! My FC is: 0516-7294-2711.

I ended up buying Retro City Rampage and Liberation Maiden since it was $2.99. Shovel Knight is out by the end of March and I'll be getting that for 3DS too. I hope that Capcom localizes that digital download of Ace Attorney 1-3, I never played them on the DS and I really liked the demo of the 4th game on the 3DS!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 TTUalumni13

@_hazbro_: Woo go Haz! Make sure you check out the arcade building, it has what is basically a full Bit.Trip Runner game in it.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 roboccs

I added you guys, thanks for adding me!

I was going to start Bravely Default but got tied up in other things... Didn't even make it through the first cut scene :(

The AR thing was neat though; I wasn't really sure what AR was until I saw that chick standing in my room!

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#382 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

No classes tomorrow, each professor with different reason.

Kick backing n' stuph

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Allicrombie

new villager moving into my town today, how exciting !

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 _HazBro_

@Allicrombie: Hopefully they're cool. I still can't get rid of the one who moved into my town that has the same name as my ex-gf. I piss her off every time I play hoping she'll leave but she won't.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Allicrombie

@_hazbro_ said:

@Allicrombie: Hopefully they're cool. I still can't get rid of the one who moved into my town that has the same name as my ex-gf. I piss her off every time I play hoping she'll leave but she won't.

Oh geez, lol. I think I got them via all this streetpassing. Someone else has set up a plot too, so I'll be at ten villagers again really soon. I used to tell them not to leave when they wanted to go, now I just let them leave if they want.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 moltenix

Aww, looks like my copy of Donkey Kong won't arrive until next week.

This is the last game I have preordered with Future Shop from their 2013 E3 sale; it's been great getting games on release day since June for $26(3DS)/$40(PS3/WiiU). I've managed to get: The Last of Us, GTA5, Pokemon Y, SM3DW, Wind Waker, Donkey Kong, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds. I wonder if there's gonna be another sale this year now that they've jacked up the prices on new games.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By TTUalumni13

Is the 3ds AC version much different than the GameCube game? I played aroun with it for an hour or two but didn't really get anything that made me want to keep playing :(

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 Allicrombie
@ttualumni13 said:

Is the 3ds AC version much different than the GameCube game? I played aroun with it for an hour or two but didn't really get anything that made me want to keep playing :(

my 300+ hours begs to differ. =P

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 _HazBro_
@Allicrombie said:

@_hazbro_ said:

Oh geez, lol. I think I got them via all this streetpassing. Someone else has set up a plot too, so I'll be at ten villagers again really soon. I used to tell them not to leave when they wanted to go, now I just let them leave if they want.

lol, I used to tell them to stay too. I haven't played for quite a while though, not looking forward to pulling out those weeds next time I play.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 moltenix

@ttualumni13: Fundamentally, all the Animal Crossing games are going to feel the same. I really liked the new features they added to New Leaf but in the end, you're still going to be catching bugs and fish, digging up fossils, befriending (or tormenting?) your villagers and upgrading/decorating your house.

That being said, it's my most played 3DS game although i've stopped playing it since Christmas. It's such a perfect game to pick up and play and one of the only retail games that i've gotten digitally.

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 _HazBro_

Cranky Kong has been tweeting from Nintendo of America's Twitter account. This has been by far the funniest tweet and immediately made me think of NeoGAF.

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 _HazBro_

You know you're Canadian when the whole office decides to just sit in the kitchen to watch the Women's hockey game. Great game, what a season, what a finish.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 roboccs

@_hazbro_: What a choke job >:(

Redemption tomorrow!

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 _HazBro_

@roboccs: I have a feeling we won't win tomorrow, the Men's team has been great. Team Canada hasn't played a game yet where they actually feel like a team. I hope I'm wrong. Normally I don't care who wins what medals, but Hockey... we HAVE TO win. Sorry!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 JordanElek

@_hazbro_ said:

Cranky Kong has been tweeting from Nintendo of America's Twitter account. This has been by far the funniest tweet and immediately made me think of NeoGAF.

This one was better. Someone asked how old Cranky is, and he replied:

Old enough to remember when falling in a pit in a platformer was called “lack of skill” and not “cheap.”

The Gamespot reviewer is explicitly guilty of this. :D

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#396 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Cranky: I don't always complain but when I do...just kidding, I always complain

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 moltenix

Checked this morning and it looks like my copy of DK arrived in Calgary last night. They changed the expected delivery date to today; I hope they manage to deliver it today.

I also find it interesting that it's dropping to -20 the same weekend that Tropical Freeze releases. :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 roboccs

@moltenix: there's nothing better than tracking your package and seeing that it's ahead of schedule. The only thing better is when it says "out for delivery"

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 _HazBro_

Phil Kessel in tears, hugging his sister right now. Sorry Team USA, but our Defense is incredible.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Jaysonguy

@_hazbro_ said:

Phil Kessel in tears, hugging his sister right now. Sorry Team USA, but our Defense is incredible.

Too much watered down talent to keep my attention

I didn't even now there was a women's hockey anything until yesterday lol