WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3601 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Yesssss it did work, I am UNBANNED. I had asked them to close this account because of a security issue before then asked them to open it back up once it was resolved and never heard back lol.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3602 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@WreckEm711 said:

Yesssss it did work, I am UNBANNED. I had asked them to close this account because of a security issue before then asked them to open it back up once it was resolved and never heard back lol.

And what a dashing fellow you are as well!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3603 WreckEm711

@ttualumni13 said:
@WreckEm711 said:

And what a dashing fellow you are as well!

Oh stop it you handsome devil.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3604  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Good, now we just need Haz back and we're good

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3605 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@WreckEm711: Holy Crap!! You're Back!!

Yeah, 2016 is absolutely dead. But 2017 could be AMAZING. You figure there hasn't been a mainline Mario or Metroid game in years. I'd be shocked if they haven't been lining those up to the launch or early NX life-cycle titles. Imagine those 2 games AND a Zelda at or near launch... I wouldn't know where to start.

Plus, there's been radio silence from Retro Studios since DKTF. Either they're doing Metroid or there were rumors last year that they are working on some new large-scale IP. Something new from them would be awesome. At a minimum they are priming a new DKC for launch.

So the way things are falling into place in the development cycle for these big Nintendo IP's, we could see one of the best launches ever.

Optimistic ROBOCCS is back baby!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3606 WreckEm711

@roboccs: Ok, that is an excellent point, I forgot retro has been busy working on something.. that could be huge for me as a deciding factor haha. I would love a third dkcr really, but I know most would prefer something else first.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3607 Jaysonguy

So which one of you guys minds that Nintendo has had Zelda ready to go for the Wii U but held off on releasing it so they could bump up the next gen version?

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3608 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

I don't really care of NX isn't at E3 or not. As the years have gone by I've been less and less interested in E3 and prefer when these companies have their own presentations and events, show off what you want, when you want, when it's ready.

To be honest I've felt like it's been dying slowly for the last couple of years, and I feel like this one is going to be pretty dull.

As for NX, depending on what it is I'll decide if I get it for that platform or Wii U. If the NX is an all touch input device console - it won't be, but if it's something ridiculous like that - then I'm not buying one.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3609 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

So which one of you guys minds that Nintendo has had Zelda ready to go for the Wii U but held off on releasing it so they could bump up the next gen version?

Even if that is true, I don't care. I doubt they would just put it on a shelf for a year. This is Nintendo. They'd keep tweaking it until it was absolute perfection if they literally had it FINISHED a year in advance.

Also, for me personally, this is the best time for Nintendo to do nothing. I have a budget of $5/month for games, so Nintendo being not tempting at all is great. The only game I foresee buying this year is Dark Souls 3, MAYBE Monster Hunter if I get a huge hankering. (I can shift funds from other under-budget categories if I want, so my gaming budget can be higher if things go well in other areas, but if I want Dark Souls 3, I think I'll need a new graphics card, so that's a lot of things go well in all other areas to be able to afford it.)

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3610 roboccs

@Jaysonguy: By Christmas time I'll kind of wish they would just let us have Zelda if it's finished. However, this works out for me because I can finish my other games that I'm not sick of yet.

I do agree with @fishpockets , if NX is something ridiculous like the touch button example he gave (I don't think it will be) or some really wacky gimmick then I may not take the plunge. Really it'll depend on what games they announce and if they actually include some of the bigger 3rd party titles too.

It does look like I do not really have any games to buy for the rest of this year though. I haven't even taken the Star Fox plunge yet and I'm not sure if I'm going to. I could buy either Fire Emblem Fates, Monster Hunter Generations, or maybe Dragon Quest 7 but those aren't really screaming at me right now so I'll take my time in deciding. I haven't been as impulsive lately and it's working for me. If I can keep it up then when it comes time to buy either NX or a PS4 I'll have the funds to do it with no trouble.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3611 WreckEm711

@Jaysonguy: If I had a Wii U I might be annoyed, but with how completely the system has failed it's smart for them to hold it off for a new system. The list of million sellers on Wii u is pretty sad, so I'm sure they're hoping an nx release will get their biggest game into more homes.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3612 roboccs

@WreckEm711 said:

@Jaysonguy: If I had a Wii U I might be annoyed, but with how completely the system has failed it's smart for them to hold it off for a new system. The list of million sellers on Wii u is pretty sad, so I'm sure they're hoping an nx release will get their biggest game into more homes.

For some reason, even though I have a Wii U, I'm not that mad to be honest. Probably because I have enough stuff to keep me busy until who knows when. Shoot, I still actually enjoy my PS3.

This may sound short-sighted, but if the horse-power never evolved passed the PS3/360 specs I probably would have been content. Developers eventually sucked quite a bit of awesomeness out of those machines.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3613  Edited By WreckEm711

@roboccs: I totally agree with you. I like hardware upgrades because of the ability to make new or better featers, but most just push pixels with it :(

Also, is the original Xenoblade on Wii U VC now..?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u#game-details

Also, do y'all remember my Nintendo Network ID from when I had a Wii U...? I can't remember jack about it and want to make sure my account is still good in case I want an NX, but I can't freakin remember the ID, password, email, ANYTHING. I might still be on y'alls friends list if you don't purge it regularly lol

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3614 JordanElek

@WreckEm711 said:

Also, do y'all remember my Nintendo Network ID from when I had a Wii U...? I can't remember jack about it

WreckEm711. So hard to remember. ;p

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3615 roboccs

@WreckEm711 said:

@roboccs: I totally agree with you. I like hardware upgrades because of the ability to make new or better featers, but most just push pixels with it :(

Also, is the original Xenoblade on Wii U VC now..?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u#game-details

Also, do y'all remember my Nintendo Network ID from when I had a Wii U...? I can't remember jack about it and want to make sure my account is still good in case I want an NX, but I can't freakin remember the ID, password, email, ANYTHING. I might still be on y'alls friends list if you don't purge it regularly lol

Wow, I just found out about Xenoblade. That'll be good for those who could never get their hands on the game. I'd be tempted to get it just for the off-tv play. I wonder if they mapped the button on the gamepad to it or if you have to use the wii controllers. I bought Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy on WiiU VC and those required wii controller because they have motion controls. I thought when Europe got Xenoblade last year they mapped the buttons to the gamepad.

Your ID name was WreckEm711 I believe. Your password was ROBOCCSISTHEAWESOME

You and your long passwords.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3616 WreckEm711

Jason was right a year or two ago when he said that I'm so bad at accounts and passwords that I shouldn't be allowed on a computer lol.

This time it wasn't my fault though! Turns out when I had created an account I had WreckEm711, but when I got a mario kart 8 bundle it created a new id TTUalumni13, which WreckEm711 was MERGED into and I didn't even think to try that.. I should have access again in preparation. Seriously considering impulse buying a used Wii U just for Xenoblade on the gamepad while my wife has the TV. I love it THAT much. I hate being an impulsive video game person.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3617 roboccs

@WreckEm711: Hahahhahah! You're awesome.

At this point in time we pretty much know the extent of the entire WiiU library. So with what's out now and the very few games coming out this year and then Zelda, if that's worth the cost then go for it. I'd be really hesitant with NX coming soon, especially if it's backwards compatible and offers the WiiU library digitally or something.

If you want Xenoblade that bad you should consider getting a new 3DS to play it on. Then you can game on the go as well and there a ton of RPGs available for it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3618 Jaysonguy

@WreckEm711 said:

I hate being an impulsive video game person.

At least it's that and not something like meth lol

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3619 WreckEm711

Don't worry, I didn't go out and do anything silly like impulse buy a used Wii U.

I just went ahead and got a new one bundled with mario maker instead. Figured it's worth it with Xenoblade, X, new Zelda, Mario Maker, and the new Star Fox really interests me. Plus I bought all my games before digitally so I already have a pretty big library. Since we paid off our student loans I have a lot of fun money, so best case scenario I have it for a year and trade it for an NX if the library transfers over, worst case the library doesnt transfer over so I just keep it and play Xenoblade whenever I want again.

I really ought to just save up and buy all three each gen so I'm not tempted to sell something to get something else, but idgaf lol...

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3620 roboccs

@WreckEm711 said:

Don't worry, I didn't go out and do anything silly like impulse buy a used Wii U.

I really ought to just save up and buy all three each gen so I'm not tempted to sell something to get something else, but idgaf lol...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

This brought such a huge smile to my face. Does Xenoblade let you use the gamepad for a controller or do you still need to pull out the separate Wii controllers?

When you going to get Chronicles X?!?!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3621 WreckEm711

@roboccs: Haha not sure yet, I haven't set it up yet, need to call Nintendo to get my Nintendo Network ID linked up to the new system so I don't have to rebuy stuff, and so my Mario Maker download code gets counted under it. Based on the control options online it looks like you can control it with the gamepad.

It'll be a few weeks before I get X, I spent all my fun money on this, an extra controller, some lumber, and flowers and yoga stuff for my wife so I'm out for a while lol. Once I get more I'll be picking up X and Xenoblade though! I had intentionally stopped looking at X stuff before so I wouldn't be tempted, but now I'm excited and willing to ignore the music I don't like :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3622  Edited By roboccs

@WreckEm711: Let us know when you make some Mario levels. I'd be happy to play them as long as they are not those ridiculous troll levels!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3623 WreckEm711

@roboccs: Oh I will! Once I get all set up I'll play y'alls levels too, not sure how to go about that, assuming I see stuff on my friends list or something?

I'm definitely interested in making some levels, nothing crazy, I like stuff that's fun to run through without being insanely difficult, but makes you feel awesome :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3624 roboccs

@WreckEm711: You'd be surprised.

I said the same thing to @JordanElek . I wasn't interested in making them at all. But then once you start, it's REALLY addicting.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3625 JordanElek

@WreckEm711 said:

Once I get all set up I'll play y'alls levels too, not sure how to go about that, assuming I see stuff on my friends list or something?

Ha! Of course not. This is Nintendo. You need to find one of our levels first, THEN you can add the person to your follow list. No automatic friend list import is the dumbest thing about the game. Finding levels has gotten way easier since release, at least.

I hope you get addicted. I LOVED my time with that game. Hopefully I'll have a gaming lull sometime this year so I can get back to making levels. I never got tired of it, just had other things to play.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3626 JordanElek

Just finished Dark Souls (the first one) again, this time on PC. Still one of my favorite games ever. On to Dark Souls 2.

This is all part of my master plan to hold off on buying Dark Souls 3 until it goes on sale. I can work some budget magic to buy it now, but paying $30 instead of $60 would feel way better. (And if graphics cards get cheaper in the meantime, I'd love to upgrade before playing that game.)

The main thing that has helped me hold off is that I keep hearing how the story of Dark Souls 3 relies heavily on the previous Souls games. I watched the Breaking Brad playthrough of Demon's Souls over the past month, just finished Dark Souls, so completing Dark Souls 2 should give me all the knowledge I need to fully appreciate 3.

I never paid attention to the story before, but I've really come to love the craziness of that world's mythology. It's like Metroid Prime in the sense that most of it is told in descriptions and physical architecture. They're beautiful games to begin with, but knowing that the level design is based on specific lore makes it even more awesome.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3627  Edited By WreckEm711

My Spurs will not be stopped.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3628 WreckEm711

Also, I don't understand what the point of miitomo is at all

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3629 JordanElek

@WreckEm711 said:

Also, I don't understand what the point of miitomo is at all

It's for Japanese people who have forgotten how to talk to each other.

For us, it's a way to build up coins for My Nintendo if we want to.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3630 WreckEm711

@JordanElek: hah yeaaaah, after looking at the rewards I just want it for future % off redemptions. I'm assuming those rewards change out every once and a while?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3631 JordanElek

@WreckEm711: Yeah, but coins only last six months, so you have to horde strategically. We haven't really seen a big switchout of rewards yet, just little Miitomo things that don't matter.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3632 roboccs

@WreckEm711: The Spurs will not be stopped. I am upset that Curry is hurt though because assuming the conference finals is Spurs vs. Warriors I wanted to see a series for the ages. Without the Warriors being full strength, it could be a 5 game series.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3633 Jaysonguy

@JordanElek said:

Just finished Dark Souls (the first one) again, this time on PC. Still one of my favorite games ever. On to Dark Souls 2.

This is all part of my master plan to hold off on buying Dark Souls 3 until it goes on sale. I can work some budget magic to buy it now, but paying $30 instead of $60 would feel way better. (And if graphics cards get cheaper in the meantime, I'd love to upgrade before playing that game.)

The main thing that has helped me hold off is that I keep hearing how the story of Dark Souls 3 relies heavily on the previous Souls games. I watched the Breaking Brad playthrough of Demon's Souls over the past month, just finished Dark Souls, so completing Dark Souls 2 should give me all the knowledge I need to fully appreciate 3.

I never paid attention to the story before, but I've really come to love the craziness of that world's mythology. It's like Metroid Prime in the sense that most of it is told in descriptions and physical architecture. They're beautiful games to begin with, but knowing that the level design is based on specific lore makes it even more awesome.

Nioh

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3634 JordanElek

@Jaysonguy: What about it.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3635 WreckEm711

@roboccs: As a fan of the game I would agree, as a Spurs fan HANDS IN THE AIR DON'T CARE :P

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3636 WreckEm711

Woo I made a level! C14F-0000-0233-00F4

Is the friend code like thing searchable..?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3637 JordanElek

@WreckEm711: The easiest way is probably to go to Miiverse and look back through our posts. Level codes are automatically posted there.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3638 WreckEm711

@JordanElek: It's not really showing anyone's posts except AutoPilots hah, odd. Oh well, made a second level too, so addicting and the carrot of getting more stuff, combining things to see what fun stuff happens, etc is so well done.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3639 JordanElek

@WreckEm711: Seems like those posts only show up in the activity feed, not in the play journal. I don't know how all of that stuff is organized now....

Here's a code for the first of my levels I saw in my feed: (896B-0000-019B-A373)

You'll be able to see the rest by tapping on my face.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3640  Edited By WreckEm711

@JordanElek: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3641  Edited By JordanElek

@WreckEm711 said:

@JordanElek: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!

LOL, I didn't remember anything about that level, so I just played it again. STILL didn't remember much about it, but I said "oh wow, I'm clever!" like three times during it.

Not all of my stages are that hard, some are harder. I'd advise staying away from Thwomp, The Great and Terrible. OR DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO IT! Only one person has cleared it. There's even a training stage for it so you don't need to figure anything out, just execute.

I played your levels. Very good and Mario-y. Some levels I've come across just don't feel like they even belong in a Mario game (some of mine included), but you got the feel right.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3642 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

The Raptors are on to round 2!!!!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3643  Edited By WreckEm711

@JordanElek: Yeah it looks like Rob and I are the only ones who have finished that one!Was so so,satisfying to beat, and I only yelled at the TV for a dumb mistake I made and swore id defriend you once. I wanted to try your other stuff but I'm tired and want a fresh look at them hah.

Thanks! I wanted to try to make levels that seemed like they might be in a Mario game (layout and difficulty wise) so I appreciate that! I uploaded a castle I'm proud of, and a more challenging jumping level that I just wanted to make a pain since you traumatized me and I want to do that to others.

Grats to your Raptors Haz!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3644 roboccs

@WreckEm711 said:

@JordanElek: It's not really showing anyone's posts except AutoPilots hah, odd. Oh well, made a second level too, so addicting and the carrot of getting more stuff, combining things to see what fun stuff happens, etc is so well done.

Go check the Mario Maker thread here in the Gamespot WiiU forums. I posted a few in there. Once you star someone's levels, it's easy to find them after that.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/

If you're online on a PC you can go to this site to bookmark people's levels as well; then they'll show up under the book marks tab in the game.

Glad to see that you're starting to get addicted; it's really fun.

I played your hop til you drop level a few times. Got pretty far but didn't finish it. I will hopefully knock it out later though. Also, I forgot that content is locked in the beginning! I honestly liked that feature because it eases you into the game. Not that it's hard to figure out, but there's a lot of tools in there so piece-mealing it wasn't the worst thing.

Here's a few of mine:

kick the shell out of it!! (A94E-0000-0228-E5B6)

Village Under Attack!! 68DF-0000-00E8-31BF

Castle: Flight or Fight! (86B7-0000-0092-5585)

P-switch bomb Puzzler D24B-0000-00AA-D8E4

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3645 roboccs

By the way, it has been nice to see more activity in here lately.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3646 Jaysonguy

@JordanElek said:

@Jaysonguy: What about it.

Amazing

@roboccs said:

By the way, it has been nice to see more activity in here lately.

I'm making more of an effort to socialize.

That's a perfect lead in to my weekend.

I had to rip out about 1000 feet of sprinkler system in my lawn. It's a really nice system that was put in in the early 90's. Problem is that they didn't dig the lines deep enough and crossed it in such a way that you can do absolutely nothing with the lawn. Since I'm a big garden guy I have about 300 feet by 40' planned out for the garden in the back. It would be a nightmare to redirect and rerun everything so I said screw it. In the front I was to plant a Japanese Maple in the front plus I planted my apple and peach trees yesterday. Just easier to rip it all up.

A tiller is not easy to move. Got the huge industrial one and holy crap it was a beast to run. I feel jacked because you're constantly doing military presses, lat pull downs, and tricep presses and pulldowns while you work it.

Now I have to rake out my entire lawn front and back so I can seed. Problem is it's going to rain all week so maybe weekend after next. If you rake and dig too early you'll ruin everything you just did and kill anything you put in there. That's why no one plants in the mud.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3647  Edited By WreckEm711

@Jaysonguy: Nice! I was supposed to transplant some flowers into planters and plant shrubs but we got a freak cold front and I didn't feel like being cold while doing yardwork lol. Post pictures of the in progress stuff once you've torn everything up!

@roboccs: I want to try your levels today, I think I did one last night but was really tired and gave up hah, want to give it a fair shake. It is nice having more activity in here! New console in the future usually stirs everyone up again hah.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3648 WreckEm711

That was the most pathetic officiating moment I've ever seen in my life.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3649 roboccs

@WreckEm711 said:

That was the most pathetic officiating moment I've ever seen in my life.

That's the NBA for you!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3650 Jaysonguy

Just gonna leave this here

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/fran_blinebury/05/03/spurs-thunder-missed-call-game-1/index.html