The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#601 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Anyone know where the *(@#$*(# Spud is?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#602 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Anyone know where the *(@#$*(# Spud is?

Jaysonguy
Acutally, I wondered about him recently. There was that snowman guy (I think that was his name) who used to post here all the time and he disappeared last year as well.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"] Regardless of the whole soul thing, what always trips me out is how we make ourselves move. Think about it. Just put your index finger in front of you and wiggle it up and down. HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT??? I know that the brain sends little electrical signals to the finger, but what tells the brain to do that? And what tells the brain to tell the brain to do that?? :o

GreekGameManiac

The cerebellum :)

It's really just a lot of chemical chain reactions that trigger another reaction at certain points, depolarization, repolarization, etc, etc.

I hate you guys.

Don't you talk to me again in this or any other life.

*shakes head*

:/ that sounds really dumb to me.

What do you mean what's a soul???

It's your spirit.

You are here for a reason,and when you fullfill that destiny(whatever it is)you will ascend to the higher planes.

I'm sure the human race has a destiny.

Prove it. :P
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#604 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I wish i could have lucid dreams, but i hear that they are really hard to get. i can barely remember my dreams right when i wake up, let alone control them.

alexh_99

The worst thing I've had that I wouldn't mind trying again is sleep paralysis. When I was finishing up at Texas Tech I was incredibly stressed over major term projects that my group completely bailed on, so I think my random sleep paralysis was stress induced, haven't had any since. Its an INCREDIBLY WEIRD feeling.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

The only dreams I remember are the nightmares that traumatized me during my childhood. A tall, pitch black, shadowy figure coming out from some room in my house (usually the bathroom) and trying to kill me. I would try to get help, but no one can hear, see, or feel me. The thing grabs me by the ankle and drags me to where ever it came from. Then I wake up. I kept having the same dream over and over again. I was terrified of my own bathroom for years. :|

I stopped having nightmares shortly after I moved.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#606 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I wish i could have lucid dreams, but i hear that they are really hard to get. i can barely remember my dreams right when i wake up, let alone control them.

alexh_99

The first step is to start remembering your dreams. You can teach your mind to do that by writing your dreams down as soon as you wake up or by going over them over and over in your head when you're awake. I don't know why that works, but it does.

Once you start remembering more of your dreams, you need to figure out how to know when you're dreaming and when you're not. One of the best ways to do that is to do some simple reality checks while you're awake. Once you do them enough, you'll do the reality check out of habit in dreams and it won't "work" the same way it does when you're awake (kind of like the top in Inception).

One of my reality checks is to look at a clock, then look away for half a second and think of a different time, then look back at the clock, expecting the time to have changed to the number I was thinking of. In reality, it doesn't do anything. In a dream, it changes the time.

I could go on and on about this.... I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET ME STARTED! :)

The worst thing I've had that I wouldn't mind trying again is sleep paralysis. When I was finishing up at Texas Tech I was incredibly stressed over major term projects that my group completely bailed on, so I think my random sleep paralysis was stress induced, haven't had any since. Its an INCREDIBLY WEIRD feeling.

WreckEm711

I was just talking about that with a guy from work. Another name for that kind of thing is a night terror, where you wake up fully conscious, but you can't move your body no matter how hard you try, and you usually feel like you have difficulty breathing.

Apparently that's usually caused by exhaustion. Your body naturally goes into sleep paralysis every night, which is why you can move in your dreams without moving in reality, but sometimes you regain consciousness while still in that state. And it's not that uncommon for people to have weird hallucinations during that state, usually in the form of demonic beings in the room with them. My brother has that happen to him occasionally.... He even told me about a time when the demon thing was just sitting there screaming at him. I've never had that happen, but it sounds terrifying..

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I controlled a dream once. These guys with guns were chasing me, then I realized I was dreaming and said "I want a jetpack" then I had a jetpack and flew away. the funny thing is that even though I was aware I was dreaming and knew I could make anything happen, they still tracked me down and shot me. I knew I could have made them go away but I didn't.

Kind of related but not really, has anyone ever had an out of body experience? It happened to me one time after I smoked some really strong weed and it was absolutely terrifying, but kind of cool at the same time. I was lying in bed and I kept leaving my body. I could turn around and see myself in bed, then my view would rush back into my head.

It gave me a really crippling panic attack at the time, but looking back at it I guess it was pretty cool. Apparently people meditate for their whole lives to experience it and most never actually do.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 roboccs
The only weird dream situation I've gone through is a re-occurring dream. It's not even the whole dream, it's just a feeling in the dream. Maybe once every few months I will be running in a dream. It may be in a race or running from someone. The problem is, whenever I run in a dream, I feel like I'm running hard but going nowhere. Kinda hard to explain. Running used to be a big part of my life, I used to be on high school and college Cross County and Track teams so I'm guessing it's something to do with that. I don't think dreams will ever be able to be explained.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#609 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Prove it. :Pmeetroid8

I'm thinking of some very mean things that i can't exactly express on here.

But i can tell you you're largely ignorant.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610 roboccs

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Prove it. :PGreekGameManiac

Hey man, don't let it get you down. While I agree with you 100%, I've found there's no point in even bringing up religion or anything like that in this or really any other board if you're not ready to hear other people disagree with your opinion. I pretty much never even get involved in it over the internet. I also try not to hold a grudge against anyone here if I disagree with them morally. Just my take on it, do with it what you will.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611 GreekGameManiac

Hey man, don't let it get you down. While I agree with you 100%, I've found there's no point in even bringing up religion or anything like that in this or really any other board if you're not ready to hear other people disagree with your opinion. I pretty much never even get involved in it over the internet. I also try not to hold a grudge against anyone here if I disagree with them morally. Just my take on it, do with it what you will.roboccs

Thanks,i'm not angry.

Just disapointed,and disagreeing with him.

That's it.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 WreckEm711

Man either Mutant Mudds is hard, or I suck, cause I've getting brutalized

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 JordanElek

WreckEm711
It gets pretty tough once timing becomes a factor. But luckily the controls are 100% consistent and the levels aren't too long, so it doesn't get too frustrating.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

JordanElek

It gets pretty tough once timing becomes a factor. But luckily the controls are 100% consistent and the levels aren't too long, so it doesn't get too frustrating.

My problem is those stupid switching platforms, I keep accidentally hovering, and then it disappears, and my hover runs out. ALDKJFA;SDLFJ

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615 Jaysonguy

Best thread today

Hi all, It's my little game on Android, please try it! Money or Death v2.2.4Requirements: Android 1.6+ Overview: We would like to bring to your welcome a new exciting game for fans of thrilling. The contest in prompt reaction with one of the most dangerous and poisonous snake in the world - Black Mamba - expects you! Features: + great graphic and sound effects + realistic animation + this game is absolutely free + you and your friends may compete with help of OpenFeint + it's simply gambling and fun Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=ru.coder1cv8.snake P.S. "img" and "url" tags not works for junior-members? P.P.S. Sorry for my terrible english :)coder1cv8

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Prove it. :PGreekGameManiac

I guess I must be. Please enlighten me. :)
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 JordanElek

Best thread today

[QUOTE="coder1cv8"]Hi all, It's my little game on Android, please try it! Money or Death v2.2.4 Requirements: Android 1.6+ Overview: We would like to bring to your welcome a new exciting game for fans of thrilling. The contest in prompt reaction with one of the most dangerous and poisonous snake in the world - Black Mamba - expects you! Features: + great graphic and sound effects + realistic animation + this game is absolutely free + you and your friends may compete with help of OpenFeint + it's simply gambling and fun P.S. "img" and "url" tags not works for junior-members? P.P.S. Sorry for my terrible english :)Jaysonguy

That's why I like you, Jason. You're simply gambling and fun. :)

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618 GreekGameManiac

I guess I must be. Please enlighten me. :)meetroid8

What's the point?

You won't understand or listen.

But saying that you don't have a soul sounds really,really stupid.

:/

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
sup ladies?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#620 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
sup ladies?ChikaraShref
Hi.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621 roboccs
sup ladies?ChikaraShref
I thought you were taking February off?
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622 roboccs
Pretty funny how MS is thinking about tablet controllers on XBOX720... Never heard of such an idea before.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#623 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
Pretty funny how MS is thinking about tablet controllers on XBOX720... Never heard of such an idea before.roboccs
Lol. I thought the exact same thing. So Original!
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#624 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
i say let them all copy nintendo so that nintendo paves the future again. i imagine you guys have seen this... makes me laugh every time
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Pretty funny how MS is thinking about tablet controllers on XBOX720... Never heard of such an idea before.alexh_99

You're aware that Microsoft has been doing this for the last 5 years and in 2010 it was the the point where people were using it right?

Since I was one of them I'm pretty sure it happened

So what happened exactly? Nintendo copied Microsoft?

Oh ok then

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626 roboccs
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"] Ha!! I love it.

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="roboccs"]Pretty funny how MS is thinking about tablet controllers on XBOX720... Never heard of such an idea before.Jaysonguy

You're aware that Microsoft has been doing this for the last 5 years and in 2010 it was the the point where people were using it right?

Oh ok then

Waah?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627 Jaysonguy

Waah?roboccs

Here you go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Surface

All different sizes and can be used in a ton of applications, controllers being just one of them

At PAX East they had it running all sorts of "standard" type games

The most interesting way to use it is a doc's office where you could show images in two docs at the same time and have them write on it at the same time. Instead of going to see three different docs for something that involves all of them (like many forms of cancer) you can have the test images show up in all three at the same time and have them work in real time what's the best way to go about things.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628 JordanElek

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="roboccs"]Pretty funny how MS is thinking about tablet controllers on XBOX720... Never heard of such an idea before.Jaysonguy

Oh ok then

No one's copying anyone. Tablets were kind of a big deal before Nintendo decided to use one. Same with touch screen in general (remembering the Palm Pilot my dad had when I was in middle school). But the Wii remote really was an innovation.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629 haziqonfire

Xerox made the first tablet. Apple popularized the tablet. Nintendo copied the iPad for the Wii U. The Wii U Tablet might be copied by Microsoft.

Dat competition.

Edit: It should be noted it doesn't matter who did what first. Whoever does it successfully matters more.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630 meetroid8

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

Here you go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Surface

All different sizes and can be used in a ton of applications, controllers being just one of them

At PAX East they had it running all sorts of "standard" type games

The most interesting way to use it is a doc's office where you could show images in two docs at the same time and have them write on it at the same time. Instead of going to see three different docs for something that involves all of them (like many forms of cancer) you can have the test images show up in all three at the same time and have them work in real time what's the best way to go about things.

Jaysonguy

Surface isn't a tablet controller. But yeah, it does look pretty awesome. Though neither company invented or even popularized touch screens or tablets.

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I guess I must be. Please enlighten me. :)GreekGameManiac

What's the point?

You won't understand or listen.

But saying that you don't have a soul sounds really,really stupid.

:/

I'm more open minded than you might think. I can accept that I'm ignorant on the subject. I've never given much thought to the concept of spirits or souls, but that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to learn more. Why do I need a soul? Why can't I survive without one? These are honest questions and I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 GreekGameManiac

I'm more open minded than you might think. I can accept that I'm ignorant on the subject. I've never given much thought to the concept of spirits or souls, but that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to learn more. Why do I need a soul? Why can't I survive without one? These are honest questions and I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

meetroid8

Ok,i see.

You don't "need" a soul.

You propably HAVE one(unless you're one of those without one,we share the planet with them,they are the original inhabitants of Earth).

So that answers both of your first two questions.

Along time ago,we,as souls in the higher planes/densities decided to try physical life,to see what it's like.

But because of several events,and all this time passed,we've forgotten that.

If you want to ascend to the higher planes,and not just to the lower ones,you have to raise your vibration level to the minimum level for ascension.

Maybe i should leave that for another time...ask me stuff if you want,though.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632 JordanElek

But because of several events,and all this time passed,we've forgotten that.GreekGameManiac
Good thing you remembered. :P

I haven't heard any of that theory before. Where does it come from?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]But because of several events,and all this time passed,we've forgotten that.JordanElek

It's not from one source.

You can find it in many.

It wouldn't let me post a link...

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]But because of several events,and all this time passed,we've forgotten that.GreekGameManiac

It's not from one source.

You can find it in many.

It wouldn't let me post a link...

You can just paste the link into the text box. In other news, I'm coming around to Mutant Mudds, but at this point I only need 2 levels to go and I'm only four hours in.. Is there more after getting all the coins in the initial 16 levels..?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635 JordanElek
In other news, I'm coming around to Mutant Mudds, but at this point I only need 2 levels to go and I'm only four hours in.. Is there more after getting all the coins in the initial 16 levels..?WreckEm711
Every level has a secret exit to a bonus stage. Other than that, there's nothing else.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#636 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

'Sup guys? How's everybody doin'? I'm really bored and have nothing fun to do. I wanted to go out with some friends but apparently they're afraid of a little snow... :(

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#637 JordanElek

'Sup guys? How's everybody doin'? I'm really bored and have nothing fun to do. I wanted to go out with some friends but apparently they're afraid of a little snow... :(

lancea34

Make some snowman friends!

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638 lancea34

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

JordanElek

Make some snowman friends!

I would if they were like the one's in Animal Crossing; able to talk and stuff. :P

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

GreekGameManiac

Ok,i see.

You don't "need" a soul.

You propably HAVE one(unless you're one of those without one,we share the planet with them,they are the original inhabitants of Earth).

So that answers both of your first two questions.

Along time ago,we,as souls in the higher planes/densities decided to try physical life,to see what it's like.

But because of several events,and all this time passed,we've forgotten that.

If you want to ascend to the higher planes,and not just to the lower ones,you have to raise your vibration level to the minimum level for ascension.

Maybe i should leave that for another time...ask me stuff if you want,though.

Is that from some specific religion or philosophy? This is the first time I've heard anything like it.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640 bob_newman

GreekGameManiac

Uhh...what do you mean by this?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

bob_newman

I second this

Also Whitney Houston is dead dispelling any thought that doing cocaine and crack at the same time for years makes you healthier

Anyone saying her death is shocking needs to be slapped

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642 haziqonfire
I used to listen to Whitney Houston, I generally liked her voice. Sad day is sad.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643 bob_newman

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Jaysonguy

I second this

I feel we're about to experience another HipYoungster situation right about now...

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
Oh my!! I haven't been on these forums a long long time. I came in here and was shocked to see Off-Topic is still here, and so is Jordan Elek!! I highly doubt anyone remembers me, but I had a joker animated signature before. Wow... I want to say it's been since about 2003 or 2004. Well anyway it's nice to see you've still got this going.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645 GreekGameManiac

Is that from some specific religion or philosophy? This is the first time I've heard anything like it.meetroid8

Not a specific one,but you can find it in many.

You know,Hell/Purgatory/Netherworld in different religions?

Some ppl call it by another name.

Lower Astral Plane.

It's where your supressed negative emotions(soul fragments)manifest themselves there without you even knowing.

And if they remain there,you have to get them back in order to ascend.

Something like that.

And ofcourse you haven't heard that,you haven't explored stuff like that.

There's this site(and various others)which you can read stuff like that.

Oh,and about Bob and Jason's question.

I mean what i said.

That there are humans with souls,and ones with no souls.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
i try to stay pretty open to other religious views, but wow.....
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647 haziqonfire

So anyone in the Toronto area that wants to get into game design ... check this out. I just applied for it, I hope something great comes of it.

I've pretty much decided I'm actively going to pursue a career in games design somehow. I'd rather follow my passion than wonder 'what if'. This is a start!

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#648 GreekGameManiac

So anyone in the Toronto area that wants to get into game design ... check this out. I just applied for it, I hope something great comes of it.

I've pretty much decided I'm actively going to pursue a career in games design somehow. I'd rather follow my passion than wonder 'what if'. This is a start!

Haziqonfire

Ooooh,epic!

Fantastic,that's my dream job!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#649 WreckEm711
Had a party last night, got wasted, made a Whitney Houston cocain joke, girl laughed so hard she vomited. That's funny. I'm funny.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650 lancea34

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

GreekGameManiac

Ooooh,epic!

Fantastic,that's my dream job!

That's every gamer's dream job, mine included. Problem is I get discouraged by the difficulty of all the stuff you have to study and how hard it is to get working in the industry. :(