The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#551 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]do you guys know what happened to gabuex?alexh_99
He left gamespot for a My Little Pony forum. I guess we aren't as "cool" as them :P

guess they were serious in OT then lol, that's funny.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#552 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Could I get some feedback on this avi? I pretty much hate it, complete waste of time. I think I'm just going to find another cute Rainbow Dash one >.>alexh_99
anything with my little ponies = no no

Speaking of GabuEx, I don't suppose anyone here has heard anything about that game he's designing? Here's a link.

http://www.equestriandreamers.com/He seems pretty effectively submerged in the brony culture right now. I don't see him ever coming back. :(

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#553 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]do you guys know what happened to gabuex?ZumaJones07
He left gamespot for a My Little Pony forum. I guess we aren't as "cool" as them :P

Here is his final blog:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/GabuEx/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25944701

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#554 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Ghost Trick is free on iOS right now.... It's still installing so I don't know if it's like "play for five minutes then buy the rest!" or if it's really the whole game for free, but either way.... If you have an iOS device, GET IT NOW.

Edit: You pay for chapter chunks, so it ends up being $25 for the whole game. But that's still cheaper than the DS version.

Edit 2: I misunderstood the pricing when I saw it the first time. You can either buy the game in three chunks at $5 each, or you can buy the whole thing for $10. That's a steal.

And really, I love that kind of business model. Free to play, try it out, if you're not sure, you can buy a little more, but if you're sold, you can buy the rest. I'm glad to see that more and more downloadable games are going that route.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] He left gamespot for a My Little Pony forum. I guess we aren't as "cool" as them :Palexh_99

Here is his final blog:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/GabuEx/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25944701

Seriously... I've watched a few episodes of MLP and while I do like the show I can't see how it can make people be obsessed with it.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#556 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
i feel like i should watch it to get a better opinion. surely there is some sorcery in it.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#557 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I think i'm starting to feel nostalgic about Skyward Sword.

Just a little bit....

It's been only a few months,and i'm already nostalgic...but no,i'm not doing Hero Mode yet.

Maybe later this year.

Omzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 Omzzz
Member since 2010 • 1440 Posts
Soooo is there a Mario Kart 7 meet up today?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
Soooo is there a Mario Kart 7 meet up today?Omzzz
Super bowl, nope.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I think i'm starting to feel nostalgic about Skyward Sword.

Just a little bit....

It's been only a few months,and i'm already nostalgic...but no,i'm not doing Hero Mode yet.

Maybe later this year.

GreekGameManiac

The one time I can really remember a game doing that to me so soon after beating it was Tales of Symphonia. I think around 4 months after beating I dove right back into it again and just had that feeling of nostalgia. Weird feeling when it was a "recent nostalgia" if that makes sense.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#561 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Less then 3 hours to the Superbowl kickoff, I don't know if I can handle the stress, the Pats NEED to win

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 WreckEm711

Less then 3 hours to the Superbowl kickoff, I don't know if I can handle the stress, the Pats NEED to win

Jaysonguy
As Wes Welker is a Texas Tech grad, I am an honorary Pats fan today. I really want to see Brady win another ring. Also, I'm really disappointed in Nintendo not patching Maka Wuhu. I got in it randomly off a ? pick, and ALL 7 OTHER RACERS took the shortcut. Oh well, guess I'll start taking it, I like the track though :(
Omzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 Omzzz
Member since 2010 • 1440 Posts

Also, I'm really disappointed in Nintendo not patching Maka Wuhu. I got in it randomly off a ? pick, and ALL 7 OTHER RACERS took the shortcut. Oh well, guess I'll start taking it, I like the track though :(WreckEm711

Wii Sports Resort and MK7 just don't mix. There's a Wuhu Loop glitch as well which takes you to the finish line...not cool.

I encountered the first bunch of hackers a couple days ago. I was in a lobby where all the guys names were similar (like a clan tag). I kept coming in last place for like 5 races in a row. No matter what items I got, golden mushrooms, bullet bill I would always be so far off from them and come in last. I thought I must suck, but then the next game i saw what items they kept using on the bottom screen, they all kept getting triple mushrooms no matter what place they were in. I promptly left.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 alexh_99
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

WreckEm711
As Wes Welker is a Texas Tech grad, I am an honorary Pats fan today. I really want to see Brady win another ring. Also, I'm really disappointed in Nintendo not patching Maka Wuhu. I got in it randomly off a ? pick, and ALL 7 OTHER RACERS took the shortcut. Oh well, guess I'll start taking it, I like the track though :(

I was playing with you earlier today if you didn't know. I learned how to do the shortcut just the other day, and tried it out. However only one other person did it with me. If i knew that, then i would have raced fair, its when more than half of the people racing use it that irritates me.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 JordanElek

Soooo is there a Mario Kart 7 meet up today?Omzzz
I would have, but I was at a birthday party then at the hospital to meet my new nephew. And now, Super Bowl.

Speaking of which, anybody else deliberately not watching it because you don't care and haven't cared for years but always watched it anyway and finally realized that there's no point? I'm also kind of curious to see people's reaction when they ask me about the game tomorrow and I say I didn't watch it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#566 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

WreckEm711

Wes is amazing

I'm losing my *(&#@&* over here, too much stress

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#567 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The best part of the superbowl is over (half time show).
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
The best part of the superbowl is over (half time show).Haziqonfire
Madonna rocked it! She is still Queen of Pop.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The best part of the superbowl is over (half time show).DDRMom
Madonna rocked it! She is still Queen of Pop.

I enjoyed it, it was more interesting than the game itself lol.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Yay! Giants won! :D

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 WreckEm711

This was hands down the worst year for super bowl commercials EVER. I mean wtf, seriously? They were regular commercials. BLOW.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#572 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
My favorite line of the commercials was the "Soup for you!" Jerry Seinfeld reference.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

The Pats used to win Superbowls, but then they took a Giant to the knee.

Someone had to do it.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 DDRMom
I enjoyed it, it was more interesting than the game itself lol.Haziqonfire
I don't watch the game itself, no interest at all. I might watch if we got the good US commercials but we don't.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 roboccs

I can't believe you all thought the halftime show was good. That was trash. An old woman who couldn't move with a bunch of idiots around her.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 meetroid8
Half time was terrible. Nothing but over the top over produced trash. Commercials were meh. Patriots were completely outperformed, that safety killed all of my excitement on their first play. I drove 12 hours up to Massachusetts just to watch it with my grandpa too, what a waste.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I like the new Rainbow Dash icon, meetroid. Much better than the Twilight Sparkle one. :)

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 meetroid8
Why thank you. Personally I find this one creepier than the other, them eyes....
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 haziqonfire

I can't believe you all thought the halftime show was good. That was trash. An old woman who couldn't move with a bunch of idiots around her.

roboccs
I thought it was entertaining -- proved Madonna is still the Queen, lol. Also, I like Nicki Minaj, MIA, LMFAO and Cee Lo Green lol.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 roboccs
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="roboccs"]

I thought it was entertaining -- proved Madonna is still the Queen, lol. Also, I like Nicki Minaj, MIA, LMFAO and Cee Lo Green lol.

Yeah, looking back on my post, that was a wiener-ish thing for me to say. Everyone likes what they like and that's what they like. Also, the game itself was not that great if you ask me. No exciting plays. The 4th quarter was good. I was more pulling for the Giants (sorry Jason) so I was glad to see the team I was rooting for won. Now for the countdown to baseball season. And Star Ocean 4 is awesome.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 DDRMom

Madonna is one of those entertainers that you either love or hate. I've been hearing very mixed reviews of her performance and while I enjoyed it I can see why others wouldn't. Her being "old" really has nothing to do with it, she's in such great shape that she could probably dance circles around most people half her age.

It definitely wasn't the worst Superbowl halftime show...personally I think that honor goes to the 1991 Disney/NKOTB halftime show. Google it.

Edited because its won't let me insert a link without getting an error message.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 WreckEm711
I thought the halftime show was at the same level as the commercials, regular. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't bad, just regular. Except for the crazy light effects, that was Neat
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 GreekGameManiac

Wtf is with all those people,including all those scientists,that say souls are just your personality?

That's just....absurd.

It doesn't sound rational at all.

They are pretty much denying there own existence!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 meetroid8

Wtf is with all those people,including all those scientists,that say souls are just your personality?

That's just....absurd.

GreekGameManiac
Can you prove the existence of the soul? What is a "soul" anyway? The body as a biological entity functions perfectly on its own, it doesn't need any sort of spiritual higher consciousness to operate.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 haziqonfire

Can you prove the existence of the soul? What is a "soul" anyway? The body as a biological entity functions perfectly on its own, it doesn't need any sort of spiritual higher consciousness to operate.meetroid8

I thought that when we lose our souls, we only have one chance to get our souls back and enemies respawn after every time you respawn.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 JordanElek

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

That's just....absurd.

meetroid8

Can you prove the existence of the soul? What is a "soul" anyway? The body as a biological entity functions perfectly on its own, it doesn't need any sort of spiritual higher consciousness to operate.

Regardless of the whole soul thing, what always trips me out is how we make ourselves move. Think about it. Just put your index finger in front of you and wiggle it up and down. HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT??? I know that the brain sends little electrical signals to the finger, but what tells the brain to do that? And what tells the brain to tell the brain to do that?? :o

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

That's just....absurd.

JordanElek

Regardless of the whole soul thing, what always trips me out is how we make ourselves move. Think about it. Just put your index finger in front of you and wiggle it up and down. HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT??? I know that the brain sends little electrical signals to the finger, but what tells the brain to do that? And what tells the brain to tell the brain to do that?? :o

The cerebellum :)

It's really just a lot of chemical chain reactions that trigger another reaction at certain points, depolarization, repolarization, etc, etc.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 JordanElek

It's really just a lot of chemical chain reactions that trigger another reaction at certain points, depolarization, repolarization, etc, etc.

WreckEm711

I know all of that, but SOMETHING has to start those chain reactions. It's not like they're random.

I'm not saying I know the answer or anything, but it makes my head explode to think about it. And since philosophers have tried to answer that question forever and often bring up the soul (or mind), I figured I'd share.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

JordanElek

I know all of that, but SOMETHING has to start those chain reactions. It's not like they're random.

I'm not saying I know the answer or anything, but it makes my head explode to think about it. And since philosophers have tried to answer that question forever and often bring up the soul (or mind), I figured I'd share.

Sensory neurons :) Its really interesting stuff to study, neurology is hands down my favorite part of A&P

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Sensory neurons :) Its really interesting stuff to study, neurology is hands down my favorite part of A&P

And what makes the sensory neurons fire? :P

We could play this game forever, which is my point. At SOME point, our sentience seems to have an effect on our biological functions.

And don't even get me started on dreams. If you're not someone who dreams very often, you probably won't even believe what people who DO dream could describe. I don't think there's anything supernatural about it or anything, but it makes me realize how much we just don't understand yet about how the brain works. If you know anything about lucid dreaming, you'll know where I'm coming from.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"] I know all of that, but SOMETHING has to start those chain reactions. It's not like they're random.

JordanElek

And what makes the sensory neurons fire? :P

We could play this game forever, which is my point. At SOME point, our sentience seems to have an effect on our biological functions.

And don't even get me started on dreams. If you're not someone who dreams very often, you probably won't even believe what people who DO dream could describe. I don't think there's anything supernatural about it or anything, but it makes me realize how much we just don't understand yet about how the brain works. If you know anything about lucid dreaming, you'll know where I'm coming from.

Totally agree with you on dream stuff, TOTALLY baffled. I have a trigger in some dreams where if I see a certain something (I dont really want to tell you guys what it is), I know I'm dreaming and i can just do whatever I want. ITS WEIRD?! Or maybe its just the ILLUSION of being able to do what I want, and yet I'm aware im dreaming? Or is it just me dreaming that I know I'm dreaming! *EXPLODE*

In other news, I love Revelations. I've actually jumped a few times, and I very rarely do that in games.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 haziqonfire

The last dream I had was really weird ... I was riding around on this thing in the mall:

and in the mall parking lot -- and I went to ebgames and pre-ordered Revelations and the manager (the one near my house, some annoying chick) started hugging me. Then I found some secret atic area of a Walmart and I was roaming around and it was a big arcade.

The thing is the same dream happened multiple times within my dream, but it was split time lines. First the scooter one, then the ebgames one then the Walmart room. It reminded me of that Community episode from season 3 ... lol.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Can you prove the existence of the soul? What is a "soul" anyway? The body as a biological entity functions perfectly on its own, it doesn't need any sort of spiritual higher consciousness to operate.WreckEm711

I hate you guys.

Don't you talk to me again in this or any other life.

*shakes head*

:/ that sounds really dumb to me.

What do you mean what's a soul???

It's your spirit.

You are here for a reason,and when you fullfill that destiny(whatever it is)you will ascend to the higher planes.

I'm sure the human race has a destiny.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 haziqonfire

I hate you guys.

*shakes head*

It's your spirit.

You are here for a reason,and when you fullfill that destiny(whatever it is)you will ascend to the higher planes.

GreekGameManiac

Maybe we just respawn IRL.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595 GreekGameManiac

Maybe we just respawn IRL.

Haziqonfire

You too,Haz!

I'm sure not everyone here agrees with you guys!

It's just so..close-minded.

Society and science has brainwashed you,i think.

>_>

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 haziqonfire

You too,Haz!

I'm sure not everyone here agrees with you guys!

It's just so..close-minded.

Society and science has brainwashed you,i think.

>_>

GreekGameManiac

I don't really know what happens. I'm pretty much indifferent lol.

By the way, if any of you guys want Radiant Historia for the DS it's getting a reprint (although it's not listed on the US stores anywhere). I pre-ordered it from Amazon Canada, but ebgames Canada has it listed too.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 JordanElek

Totally agree with you on dream stuff, TOTALLY baffled. I have a trigger in some dreams where if I see a certain something (I dont really want to tell you guys what it is), I know I'm dreaming and i can just do whatever I want. ITS WEIRD?! Or maybe its just the ILLUSION of being able to do what I want, and yet I'm aware im dreaming? Or is it just me dreaming that I know I'm dreaming! *EXPLODE*

WreckEm711

I took a couple months last year to teach myself how to have that kind of dream more often and ended up having one three or four nights a week. And I learned through that process that ALL those nights in my childhood when I got up to go to the bathroom and the lights wouldn't turn on when I flipped the switch were just dreams all along. :o

My most intense lucid dreams are even more vivid than reality, and for some reason, those ones always involve some kind of impressive display of nature, like a sunset over an ocean as I'm floating above the clouds or an amazing gardenish landscape with a waterfall and stream. I wake up from those dreams in awe.

And there are SO many times that I wake up and get mad at myself for not realizing that I was dreaming. It's hilarious how our brains can just treat the absurdities of some of our dreams as unextraordinary things... like last night when I dreamed that I was lying on my back on the road, sliding at a good 20-30mph down US20 through Amish country and trying to avoid horse crap on the road. It's funny how THAT doesn't make me realize that I'm dreaming, but if I dare to flip a light switch and it doesn't turn the light on, then I know right away that I'm dreaming.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"] Regardless of the whole soul thing, what always trips me out is how we make ourselves move. Think about it. Just put your index finger in front of you and wiggle it up and down. HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT??? I know that the brain sends little electrical signals to the finger, but what tells the brain to do that? And what tells the brain to tell the brain to do that?? :o

GreekGameManiac

I hate you guys.

*shakes head*

It's your spirit.

Lol easy bud, I wasn't saying anything against souls, just motor neurons :P @Jordan, that's awesome, my lucid dreams aren't as majestic, they're more primal -_-
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599 JordanElek

Lol easy bud, I wasn't saying anything against souls, just motor neurons :P @Jordan, that's awesome, my lucid dreams aren't as majestic, they're more primal -_-WreckEm711
lol, I know what you mean. It helps to think of a goal while you're awake to accomplish the next time you're dreaming.

Just for fun, the last goal I had was to make a house explode around me. I don't know what made me think of trying to do that, but I got the chance to try it and I totally failed. I went to the middle of my house, floated a little into the air and brought my legs and arms to my chest so that I could gather energy and explode it out. I was able to do that much, but it was so weak that it just kind of fluttered the curtains or something.

I think I just need to train in high gravity for 15 straight episodes before I'm able to do that.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600 alexh_99

I wish i could have lucid dreams, but i hear that they are really hard to get. i can barely remember my dreams right when i wake up, let alone control them.