The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I'm hoping for a Jesse vs Walt showdown because that'll be something to see. :DZumaJones07
Yeah. I was hoping to see something like that starting a few episodes into season 4, and the feeling got stronger as the season went along. There were a few great moments in that season, but I really want to see what would happen in a big showdown between them, given everything they've been through.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Always Sunny is Christlike

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I'm going to watch the first season once I'm done the book.JordanElek

This has been bugging me for a couple years now, and I have to ask other people about it....

Why don't you say "once I'm done WITH the book"??? I've seen a bunch of people leave out the "with" in the same exact context. I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or just a dialect thing or just a grammar deficiency thing, but it drives me crazy. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY!

I'm sorry.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I'm sorry.Haziqonfire
Sorry doesn't put withs in the sentence, Haz!

You better get that reference.... *shakes fist*

And that one.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe, eat lots of food, enjoy presents!
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Happy Holidays folks and happy gaming!!! :D

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WreckEm711

Happy Holidays folks and happy gaming!!! :D

lancea34
I GOT YOUR SWAPNOTE THAT PROGRAM IS SO COOL!!! We were sitting around drawing and unlOcking features for like three hours straight, no joke, I really enjoy it
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I miss the mirror shield, I hope we will see it again for the next zelda game.Enforcedspot

Yeah,i want it back.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Someone got banned for taking Hitler's side? Was it Eva Braun?wiifan001

I think on avg 3 people get banned from Wii OT every year lol. I don't remember who it was :P. There was a hipster kid who got banned too.

Hipyoungster42 I think. (?) Who got banned this year anyway? The only person I can think of is BAWAWAWAAH! RABBIDS HAVE INVADED! *insert Rabbids pic here*

Hahahahaha, I had forgotten about that guy.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Rod90
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Is anyone catching up or starting any television shows for the holidays? I just finished Breaking Bad (super amazing show) and Party Down. The shows on my list are American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, The League, and Big Bang Theory. I just don't which to start first! Suggestions? If you've seen anything worth watching on Netflix, post it because I love Netflix! :D

American Horror Story is excellent.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 haziqonfire
Merry Batman Everyone! I'm currently deciding between SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for my boxing day purchase tomorrow - both are $29.99.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Rod90
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Merry Batman Everyone! I'm currently deciding between SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for my boxing day purchase tomorrow - both are $29.99.

What other 3DS games do you have? I wouldn't recommend any of those two. :P
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you are all enjoying your day.

I'm a new 3DS owner. no games currently but I'll go pick something up tomorrow with some christmas cash. Mario Kart perhaps?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 haziqonfire

What other 3DS games do you have? I wouldn't recommend any of those two. :PRod90

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Mario Kart 7

I saw Dead or Alive Dimensions for $29 but I already have a fighter. Other than that I'm waiting for Tales of the Abyss in February.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you are all enjoying your day.

I'm a new 3DS owner. no games currently but I'll go pick something up tomorrow with some christmas cash. Mario Kart perhaps?

_BlueDuck_

It's probably the best game on the 3DS, at least it's the most fun.Pushmo is also really good, it's a download title from eShop - It reminds me of Catherine a bit.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

Merry Christmas. Hope everybody had a good day, whether they celebrate the holiday or not.

I had a good bunch of presents this year. In terms of videogames, I got Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Saint's Row 2, and Bully Scholarship Edition for the 360. I also got the 5th season of Andromeda on DVD and the original MASH book whcih started the whole franchise. :)

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

I watched the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Trust me, it's the perfect movie to take the girlfriend and kids out to see.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Anyone picking up any games for Boxing Day today?

I'll be trying to get my hands on a few PS3 titles like Assassins Creed and Arkham City.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

I'll be trying to get my hands on a few PS3 titles like Assassins Creed and Arkham City.

moltenix
i don't have any boxing gloves :(
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 haziqonfire

moltenix
I got SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I saw a bunch of people getting Assassin's Creed: Revelations today at EB since it was $19.99.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lancea34

Gonna get my myself Tetris Axis tomorrow. Gonna trade in Dead or Alive to spend less. :D

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I am drunk.

You are drunk.

We are all so f*cking drunk.

:P

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 moltenix

Currently enjoying my new copy of AC: Revelations. 20 bucks, what a steal! :D

Can't believe i'm saying this but having just completed Skyward Sword with Link's super fast sprinting and movement, Ezio feels so sluggish in comparison. :lol:

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JordanElek

Currently enjoying my new copy of AC: Revelations. 20 bucks, what a steal! :D

Can't believe i'm saying this but having just completed Skyward Sword with Link's super fast sprinting and movement, Ezio feels so sluggish in comparison. :lol:

moltenix
Except when Link moves horizontally while hanging on a ledge..... It's like watching the Zora King scooch out of the way.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with the Steam gift give away? I keep getting these worthless 25% off coupons. I know someone who got both Portal 2 and Counter Strike Source for free though.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

Sonic generations wasn't on sale at EBGames/Gamestop, but I traded in two of my games and got it for about $40.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jaysonguy

Has anyone had any luck with the Steam gift give away? I keep getting these worthless 25% off coupons. I know someone who got both Portal 2 and Counter Strike Source for free though.meetroid8

So far I have....

18 pieces of coal
25% off Valve
25% off Bitcomposer
50% off GTA Vice City
25% off Sega
50% off Dungeons franchise
Sanctum
Stalker Call of Pripyat

The games would be great but I already own them so I've been looking to trade

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Hey guys, I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was fun, got some money, CD's, and clothes. I plan on buying 1 game with my Christmas money in the next few days.... It's either going to be Zelda or Skyrim and I CANNOT decide which one to get... I'm leaning towards Zelda right now since PS3 Skyrim has all the glitches. However, Skyrim just looks so glorious and since I move slowly through games, by the time my save file gets big enough to where it's a problem it'll hopefully be fixed. Either way, it's exciting anticipating a new game. It sucks to be at work now though...
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JordanElek

Hey guys, I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was fun, got some money, CD's, and clothes. I plan on buying 1 game with my Christmas money in the next few days.... It's either going to be Zelda or Skyrim and I CANNOT decide which one to get... I'm leaning towards Zelda right now since PS3 Skyrim has all the glitches. However, Skyrim just looks so glorious and since I move slowly through games, by the time my save file gets big enough to where it's a problem it'll hopefully be fixed. Either way, it's exciting anticipating a new game. It sucks to be at work now though...roboccs
Get Zelda first because it'll take years to drop in price, while Skyrim has already been fluctuating on Amazon. Plus, Bethesda hasn't fixed it yet for PS3.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 roboccs

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Hey guys, I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was fun, got some money, CD's, and clothes. I plan on buying 1 game with my Christmas money in the next few days.... It's either going to be Zelda or Skyrim and I CANNOT decide which one to get... I'm leaning towards Zelda right now since PS3 Skyrim has all the glitches. However, Skyrim just looks so glorious and since I move slowly through games, by the time my save file gets big enough to where it's a problem it'll hopefully be fixed. Either way, it's exciting anticipating a new game. It sucks to be at work now though...JordanElek

Get Zelda first because it'll take years to drop in price, while Skyrim has already been fluctuating on Amazon. Plus, Bethesda hasn't fixed it yet for PS3.

That's a good point. I thought of that as well. I'm guessing the Skyrim price will be down quite a bit by mid 2012. Plus that'll give me time to finish other games up before losing all my hours in to Skyrim. For those who have finished it, how many hours is Skyward Sword roughly?? I usually just get through the main stories and nix the fetch quests.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JordanElek
[QUOTE="roboccs"] For those who have finished it, how many hours is Skyward Sword roughly?? I usually just get through the main stories and nix the fetch quests.

I probably did 98% of everything and finished in just over 40 hours. The extra stuff isn't that time consuming, though, so you'll probably finish within 35-40 hours. It's also nearly impossible to get lost or not know what to do next, so you won't have a bunch of wasted wandering time.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 roboccs
[QUOTE="roboccs"] For those who have finished it, how many hours is Skyward Sword roughly?? I usually just get through the main stories and nix the fetch quests.JordanElek
I probably did 98% of everything and finished in just over 40 hours. The extra stuff isn't that time consuming, though, so you'll probably finish within 35-40 hours. It's also nearly impossible to get lost or not know what to do next, so you won't have a bunch of wasted wandering time.

Oh wow, that's a lot shorter than TP. That's a good thing. 40 hours to me is the perfect game length.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Hey guys, I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was fun, got some money, CD's, and clothes. I plan on buying 1 game with my Christmas money in the next few days.... It's either going to be Zelda or Skyrim and I CANNOT decide which one to get... I'm leaning towards Zelda right now since PS3 Skyrim has all the glitches. However, Skyrim just looks so glorious and since I move slowly through games, by the time my save file gets big enough to where it's a problem it'll hopefully be fixed. Either way, it's exciting anticipating a new game. It sucks to be at work now though...JordanElek

I agree with Jordan

Right now Zelda is on sale at Best Buy for 39.99, chances are you wont see it on sale as a singular title anytime soon.

Skyrim would be the better choice if you're looking for a lot to do but since you have the PS3 a lot to do in the game means you'll be running at 1 frame per second after a few quests.

Skyrim is 49.99 on Amazon right now but even if you're going to wait I would suggest one of these to be bought now before they're out of print. The Collector's guide is in it's second run of 70,000 units then it's never being made again

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Collectors-Official/dp/0307891402/ref=bxgy_cc_vg_text_a

The Collector's guide is 23 (normally 40) and the standard is 16 (normally 26)

The nice thing about the hardcover version is that it comes with a token that allows you to go online and use the map resource search engine for things. Also the hardcovers holds up better and has two ribbons to keep your place in the guide.

That's if you want a guide but I like them for finding materials so you can build different armor and stuff

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 roboccs
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

Hey guys, I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was fun, got some money, CD's, and clothes. I plan on buying 1 game with my Christmas money in the next few days.... It's either going to be Zelda or Skyrim and I CANNOT decide which one to get... I'm leaning towards Zelda right now since PS3 Skyrim has all the glitches. However, Skyrim just looks so glorious and since I move slowly through games, by the time my save file gets big enough to where it's a problem it'll hopefully be fixed. Either way, it's exciting anticipating a new game. It sucks to be at work now though...roboccs

I agree with Jordan

Right now Zelda is on sale at Best Buy for 39.99, chances are you wont see it on sale as a singular title anytime soon.

Skyrim would be the better choice if you're looking for a lot to do but since you have the PS3 a lot to do in the game means you'll be running at 1 frame per second after a few quests.

Skyrim is 49.99 on Amazon right now but even if you're going to wait I would suggest one of these to be bought now before they're out of print. The Collector's guide is in it's second run of 70,000 units then it's never being made again

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Collectors-Official/dp/0307891402/ref=bxgy_cc_vg_text_a

The Collector's guide is 23 (normally 40) and the standard is 16 (normally 26)

The nice thing about the hardcover version is that it comes with a token that allows you to go online and use the map resource search engine for things. Also the hardcovers holds up better and has two ribbons to keep your place in the guide.

That's if you want a guide but I like them for finding materials so you can build different armor and stuff

:shock: Zelda is on sale right now?? Crap, I may have to go as early as today to get it. I gotta buy a WM + too since I don't have one. As usual Jason, thanks for the heads up on the sale.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 moltenix

I'd go with Skyward Sword. You're not gonna expect a major price drop on that anytime soon so take advantage of any sales that are on now.

Besides, I haven't been hearing good things about the PS3 version of Skyrim. Not really my cup of tea but I hear it's a great game.. when it's working. Chances are there'll be a GOTY edition and price drops down the road. I'd just wait until then and hopefully all the bugs and glitches will be fixed by then.

Anyway, I finished SS in about 40 hours also. Finished all the side quests and found all the Goddess Cubes. Only ended up missing some Pieces of Hearts which were mini-game prizes (which I didn't bother with).

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 JordanElek

I finished SS in about 40 hours also. Finished all the side quests and found all the Goddess Cubes. Only ended up missing some Pieces of Hearts which were mini-game prizes (which I didn't bother with).moltenix
That's exactly what I did, except I did get the mini-game prize heart pieces (that I knew about). I got everything that I saw and still had a couple empty heart slots, but I didn't even know where to start looking for heart pieces, so I didn't bother and just rushed to the end boss. Plus, I don't know if one or two of those heart slots are reserved for heart medals....

Oh yeah, I didn't do the boss rush either. I tried it once to see what it was then quit with the intention of going back to it, but I never did.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 roboccs
May have a problem here. My local best buy says it has Zelda in stock... however, I don't see anywhere near here that has a Wii Motion + available. This may put a wrench in my plans...
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#87 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

And there will be a goty edition of it so you could wait for that if you wanted to.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lancea34

Got myself Tetris Axis and it's as addictive as ever! :D

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 roboccs
SUCCESS!! Bought Zelda at Best Buy for $39.99 (thanks Jason)... however, there were no WM+ adapters and I was unwilling to pony up another $40 for a Wii Remote Plus.... So I went to Meijer which was right next door and BOOM! There were 3 WM+'s left... and even better, they were $15.99 instead of $19.99. Played for about 45 mins tonight. So far I'm pretty much going through all the intro story and tutorial sections. Necessary, but can't wait for action. For the record, I really liked the music so far.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 haziqonfire

Every year it's such a hassle to enroll in courses. This semester I had 5 courses in my "Intentions" and my school dropped 3. So today was enrollment and it started at 5:30AM (WTF who picks these timings?!) - anyway I managed to set a schedule with Canadian Politics (Professionally Related course), Sociology of Work (Liberal Studies) and Information Systems Security and Privacy (Mandatory course). The course I wanted was Consulting Skills for IT Professionals (Professionally Related course).

I checked this morning around 8:45AM and there was one spot left in Consulting Skills for IT Profs. and I grabbed it. It was one of the courses I had in my intentions too so I'm glad I got it back, however now I'm conflicted because Consulting Skills for IT is apparently a harder course with a lot of work as compared to Canadian Politics, which is relatively easy. A lot of people describe Consulting Skills for IT as a MBA level course.

Now I'm conflicted lol.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 _BlueDuck_

Every year it's such a hassle to enroll in courses. This semester I had 5 courses in my "Intentions" and my school dropped 3. So today was enrollment and it started at 5:30AM (WTF who picks these timings?!) - anyway I managed to set a schedule with Canadian Politics (Professionally Related course), Sociology of Work (Liberal Studies) and Information Systems Security and Privacy (Mandatory course). The course I wanted was Consulting Skills for IT Professionals (Professionally Related course).

I checked this morning around 8:45AM and there was one spot left in Consulting Skills for IT Profs. and I grabbed it. It was one of the courses I had in my intentions too so I'm glad I got it back, however now I'm conflicted because Consulting Skills for IT is apparently a harder course with a lot of work as compared to Canadian Politics, which is relatively easy. A lot of people describe Consulting Skills for IT as a MBA level course.

Now I'm conflicted lol.

Haziqonfire

Canadian Politics is easy because all you talk about is how Quebec ruins everything for everyone. Switch to that one!

I'm trying to squeeze my way in to a Human Sexuality course, I'm sure that will be a riot knowing the people in my program.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 haziqonfire

Canadian Politics is easy because all you talk about is how Quebec ruins everything for everyone. Switch to that one!

I'm trying to squeeze my way in to a Human Sexuality course, I'm sure that will be a riot knowing the people in my program.

_BlueDuck_

LOL. I'm probably going to stick with IT Consulting. The Prof. apparently writes "BS" on papers, that'll be funny.

That sounds cool - we don't have any cool liberal studies lol.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 roboccs
I failed to mention, my one beef with Zelda already is how for the first time you save at "save points" instead of being able to save anytime you want. I know it sounds a bit picky but that is an important feature to someone who can't always fit in long sessions. It would suck if I played for 15 minutes, completed a few things but then had to go and couldn't save it because I'm not at a save statue yet..... Even the quick save feature that's in New Super Mario Bros would be more than sufficient.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 JordanElek

I failed to mention, my one beef with Zelda already is how for the first time you save at "save points" instead of being able to save anytime you want. I know it sounds a bit picky but that is an important feature to someone who can't always fit in long sessions. It would suck if I played for 15 minutes, completed a few things but then had to go and couldn't save it because I'm not at a save statue yet..... Even the quick save feature that's in New Super Mario Bros would be more than sufficient. roboccs
It's never an issue. There are more than enough save statues everywhere, even in dungeons. I actually like that they finally made it absolutely clear what is saved and when in a Zelda game, especially in dungeons.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

Happy Holidays everyone!

It sucks going away for Christmas. I've hardly had time on the ps3 and when we're home my son is hogging it. I haven't started Zelda yet because the ps3 and the wii are hooked up to the same tv, I might have to change that today. Its a good thing I was given a Sony tablet which has been keeping me busy, I am currently addicted to Fruit Ninja.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 _BlueDuck_

I failed to mention, my one beef with Zelda already is how for the first time you save at "save points" instead of being able to save anytime you want. I know it sounds a bit picky but that is an important feature to someone who can't always fit in long sessions. It would suck if I played for 15 minutes, completed a few things but then had to go and couldn't save it because I'm not at a save statue yet..... Even the quick save feature that's in New Super Mario Bros would be more than sufficient. roboccs

I initially thought it was an odd choice too but you'll soon come to see that the save points are very plentiful, there's almost always one in close reach.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 roboccs
Well that's good news about the save points. I've played an hour and a half or so and have had no issues so far (thank goodness). It really is amazing what a difference the Wii Motion + adds to the gameplay. I don't know how the GS reviewer could get through the game just swining the wiimote around. I was doing that out of habit and it didn't really work. I have to change a lot of habits and so far, it's paying off. Even just swinging at bats and little blobs is fun and requires some accuracy. I'm excited for when battles actually get hard. Hopefully they do.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 WreckEm711
I'm excited for when battles actually get hard. Hopefully they do.roboccs
After the third zone the boss fights jump from "ok" to "omgepicamazingwhywerenttheydoingthisallalongbbqsauce" Picked up Killzone 3 the other day on sale for 19.99, and I have to say its the most surprisingly good shooter I've played in a while. I never played the first, didn't really get into the second, but 3 has been really fun so far and the art design is very striking compared to the slew of bland grey shooters out these days.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

Your joke ballot is funny thefallendemon.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

super... your sig.... the cuteness! IT BURNS! :cry: