The new Lego Star Wars game is hot!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 0

#1 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
Just thought I'd let ya'll know. :-) After playing through the first level, I'm just amazed what they could do on the DS. All the levels are brand new and just as big as the console versions. And the same Star Wars music and sound effects are all perfectly in place on the DS. Not to mention the 3D graphics for the DS are very impressive on this game. You'd be suprised how much fun simply whacking things with your lightsaber to collect the coins can be. Along with using your force powers and building up lego blocks.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Well they did build it from the ground-up on the DS. Good to know it's good. I'm getting it.
satan112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 satan112
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts

Tbh I've found it quite boring so far.. a bit slow for me..

dayzee23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 dayzee23
Member since 2004 • 387 Posts
I'm reluctant to give it a try, I got the original trilogy for GBA and I finished the game in about an hour or two :( I want at least three hoursdamnit :roll:
hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts
You mean the complete saga right?
MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 MarkedByAshes
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts
I picked it up last night and had just enough time to play around in the cantina...I know it'snot really enough to write a review on, but it was nice to see that they're trying to keep up with the handhelds. I would, however, have liked to see the graphics a bit sharper. They're Legos...they should have sharp edges...the character icon in the top left corner was sharp and looked great, but the rest of the graphics seemed fuzzy. The movement seemed a bit slow and clunky, but didn't we have to deal with that on the original release of Lego Star Wars? It has its faults, but it also has its charm. I'm going to enjoy it but I don't see it getting high marks when GS finally reviews it.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#7 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
For those that bought the Lego Star Wars 2 DS game, should be allowed to turn in that glitched up game and get a discount.
hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts
Yeah Markedbyashes I get what your saying.
calref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 calref
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
Did you hear the developers are not making a PSP version this time around? I think that's ironic and funny and I'm really glad I'm a DS owner and not a PSP owner. They said they don't have the resources to make a PSP one this time around. Luckily they think the DS is the important hand-held to develop games for.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skreetpreacha
yeah, I thought the controls and graphics weren't as good as the past console games when I first started playing, but then I realized, "oh yeah, this is a DS game." And for what it's worth, I thought the graphics and controls were great for a DS game.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

I'm reluctant to give it a try, I got the original trilogy for GBA and I finished the game in about an hour or two :( I want at least three hoursdamnit :roll:dayzee23

Well technically, if you do the math, since this new lego SW game has all six episodes in it, if you finished three episodes in an hour or two, then you've got a good chance of hitting over three hours with the new game.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 drummer131

now my question is, to those of you who do own it, are all those funny little cutscenes included in the ds version?

and also, are the levels the same as the ones in the console versions? I know the vehicle ones are probably different, but besides that. And are those new levels, like the chase in Coruscant (ep2), included?

oh, guess that's not just one question. Well, this is what you get when reviews are not up yet and you're curious.

skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skreetpreacha
Answers: Yes, the funny cutscenes are here in the DS version. All new.... No, the levels aren't the same as the console versions. The console versions are basically a compilation of the previous 2 games with 1 or 2 new levels. The DS features ALL new levels... Not sure about the chase level for Zam the bounty hunter. I would assume it's also in the DS version.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 drummer131
alright, sounds good to me then. it stays on the list. :)
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
That's cool but I'm going to get a console version instead, unless I get really addicted to it and have to get a portable version, lol.
MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16 MarkedByAshes
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

I have a theory that the DS version was done rather than a PSP version because the DS got really bad reviews last time and there were problems with it. I think this is their way of making it up to those who felt shafted by that earlier edition. Just a theory...but I'mloving the newedition so far.And I still intend on getting the 360 version. :D