The Hardest VC games to date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Sephiroth485074
Sephiroth485074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sephiroth485074
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts

post here what are the hardest VC games to date. (ex. Ninja Gaiden)

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Lost Levels Kid Icarus Super Ghouls and Ghosts Contra 3 And more!
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Lost Levels.

/my opinion.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Why are ppl listing lost levels? TBH it wasnt all that difficult.

Now Super Ghouls and Ghost.... oh man.... painfully difficult.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Why are ppl listing lost levels? TBH it wasnt all that difficult.-Oath
For a lot of people it was... TBH.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]Why are ppl listing lost levels? TBH it wasnt all that difficult.AlexSays

Have you ever played the um.... modified fan levels on PC? (They aren't illegal copies. Just fan levels made to be like Mario.) It is called Super Mario Forever. Nothing can ever compare to the difficulty of that. Seriously. Omg. Bashed my brains in trying to get through world 1. Never made it.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

-Oath

yea ill say, that series has always been for masochists lol

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]Why are ppl listing lost levels? TBH it wasnt all that difficult.AlexSays

Up until now Ive never heard anyone mention it was difficult....

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Gohansephiroth

yea ill say, that series has always been for masochists lol

Lol, seriously. All Ive ever been able to do is make it to the 3rd stage of the Nes version ans stage 2 of the Snes version.... The game is obviously a creation straight out of hell.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The Ghouls and Ghosts games are by far the hardest. It's not even a contest.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="-Oath"]Why are ppl listing lost levels? TBH it wasnt all that difficult.clicketyclick

Have you ever played the um.... modified fan levels on PC? (They aren't illegal copies. Just fan levels made to be like Mario.) It is called Super Mario Forever. Nothing can ever compare to the difficulty of that. Seriously. Omg. Bashed my brains in trying to get through world 1. Never made it.

Yeah that game is impossible, the vids on youtube are hilarious.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

The hardest VC games I own are Ninja Gaiden, Punch-out and Gunstar Heroes. Samurai Showdown 2 and King of Fighters 94' has some pretty tough AI as well.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="fraz1776"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="AlexSays"] For a lot of people it was... TBH.

Yeah that game is impossible, the vids on youtube are hilarious.

I'll say one thing for it though. It gives you a ridiculously good feeling of accomplishment for just managing to move forward a couple of inches.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="-Oath"]Why are ppl listing lost levels? TBH it wasnt all that difficult.clicketyclick

The thing about those online mods is the level can be broken, unlike a retail game that there has to be way to finish, there is no such thing in these mods. Its like the LBP user levels, sometimes people don't pay attention to the entire finished product and it doesn't work.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="AlexSays"] For a lot of people it was... TBH.Sepewrath

The thing about those online mods is the level can be broken, unlike a retail game that there has to be way to finish, there is no such thing in these mods. Its like the LBP user levels, sometimes people don't pay attention to the entire finished product and it doesn't work.

Oh, the game works, it's just INCREDIBLY hard. The platforming is extremely demanding and exacting. It's like having to jump onto the head of a pin, but you can only make it if you bump that invisible block there, which will alter your trajectory slightly so that you can stomp a flying enemy, which will bounce you up just enough to get a super mushroom so that when you inevitably hit the firebar you won't die and you'll be blinking just as you pass through the second firebar in order to land on the platform (which instantly starts moving down.) It's basically how Super Mario Bros would have turned out if Miyamoto had been sadistic.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"] Have you ever played the um.... modified fan levels on PC? (They aren't illegal copies. Just fan levels made to be like Mario.) It is called Super Mario Forever. Nothing can ever compare to the difficulty of that. Seriously. Omg. Bashed my brains in trying to get through world 1. Never made it.clicketyclick

Oh, the game works, it's just INCREDIBLY hard. The platforming is extremely demanding and exacting. It's like having to jump onto the head of a pin, but you can only make it if you bump that invisible block there, which will alter your trajectory slightly so that you can stomp a flying enemy, which will bounce you up just enough to get a super mushroom so that when you inevitably hit the firebar you won't die and you'll be blinking just as you pass through the second firebar in order to land on the platform (which instantly starts moving down.) It's basically how Super Mario Bros would have turned out if Miyamoto had been sadistic.

I've never played the game but the online vids didn't look that hard. Maybe its the later levels that you guys are talking about.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="firefox59"] I've never played the game but the online vids didn't look that hard. Maybe its the later levels that you guys are talking about.

SUPER Mario Forever, not Mario Forever. You'll know when you see it. It's basically a field of black with a couple platforms here and there, enemies floating in weird places, and extremely large firebars. There is no way you're looking at the right thing.
JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
Ninja Gaiden and Secret of Mana for me.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"] I've never played the game but the online vids didn't look that hard. Maybe its the later levels that you guys are talking about.clicketyclick
SUPER Mario Forever, not Mario Forever. You'll know when you see it. It's basically a field of black with a couple platforms here and there, enemies floating in weird places, and extremely large firebars. There is no way you're looking at the right thing.

Haha oh my bad.
wildjango64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wildjango64
Member since 2009 • 3537 Posts
for its gotta be the lost levels its just brutal
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="firefox59"] I've never played the game but the online vids didn't look that hard. Maybe its the later levels that you guys are talking about.firefox59

Haha oh my bad.

lol, I figured! :P Otherwise, I'd have to say you have mad skills to not find that extremely hard. Out of curiosity, how does Mega Man 9 stack up against the hardest VC games? Yes, i know it's WiiWare, but I'm just curious how difficult it is in comparison. I'm afraid I'll buy it and then never finish playing because I quit out of frustration.
JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts

Out of curiosity, how does Mega Man 9 stack up against the hardest VC games? Yes, i know it's WiiWare, but I'm just curious how difficult it is in comparison. I'm afraid I'll buy it and then never finish playing because I quit out of frustration.clicketyclick

Mega Man 9 is a challenging game. It's not Ninja Gaiden hard, but it can be fairly brutal.

It's just a matter of timing and patience as well as some platforming skills.

But if you're like me, you'll get to the last level and not be able to beat it and stop playing the game. :P

tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#23 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Comix Zone is one of the games I still can´t beat along with the SMB:The Lost Levels;those two games have exhausted my patience!

skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

SMB3.

13wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 13wanderer
Member since 2005 • 317 Posts

kid icarus

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Actrasier. I love that game (You get to play GOD!). But the 2D stages are HARD!!!!

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Zelda 2: Adventure of link is the hardest game I've ever played. And yet, I still conquered it.
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

Out of the ones I have, I'd say SMB3. I think I'm stuck on the 7th world. I was afraid I'd lose all of my lives and have to restart from the beginning, so I stopped playing it. I'll get back to it someday.

Stephleref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Stephleref
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts

Out of curiosity, how does Mega Man 9 stack up against the hardest VC games? Yes, i know it's WiiWare, but I'm just curious how difficult it is in comparison. I'm afraid I'll buy it and then never finish playing because I quit out of frustration.clicketyclick

LOL in term of difficulty all Mega Man games (especially Mega Man 9 since there is a shop) are a joke.

There is just so many aspect in Mega Man games that make them easier from games like Contra,Metal Slug and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

If you're really bad at the game you can just stock up on Energy Tanks.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

Ninja Gaiden is pretty tough, but once you stick with it you can beat its ruthlesness.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Out of the ones I have, I'd say SMB3. I think I'm stuck on the 7th world. I was afraid I'd lose all of my lives and have to restart from the beginning, so I stopped playing it. I'll get back to it someday.

AdRock92

I didn't think SMB 3 would get any votes.:o I usually breeze through the first five worlds without dying. My favorite worlds are the last worlds because they are challenging and fun.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

[QUOTE="AdRock92"]

FFCYAN

I didn't think SMB 3 would get any votes.:o I usually breeze through the first five worlds without dying. My favorite worlds are the last worlds because they are challenging and fun.

That's just the toughest out of the ones I have (I realize I'm not too skillful at the 2d marios though). The hardest game on the vc would probably be one of the ones already mentioned, like ghouls and ghosts.