The Guitar Hero 3 Soundtrack is by far the best in the series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CampusVoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CampusVoice
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts

With Guitar Hero 3 coming out soon for Wii I listened to all of the songs announced so far and I think that Guitar Hero 3's soundtrack is a lot better than the first two games in the series. There's a lot more 90s rock and less 80s rock. Some of the songs I'm looking forward to rocking out with are:

"3's and 7's" by Queens of the Stone Age, "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam, "La Grange" by ZZ Top, "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse, "The Metal" by Tenacious D, "Miss Murder" by AFI, "My Name is Jonas" by Weezer, "Paint It, Black" by the Rolling Stones, "Paranoid" by the Rolling Stones, "Reptilia" by The Strokes, "She Builds Quick Machines" by Velvet Revolver, "Suck My Kiss" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses, and "When You Were Young" by The Killers

Use this Guitar Hero 3 Song List to hear all the songs. Man, I love Guitar Hero.

sun_spirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sun_spirit
Member since 2006 • 920 Posts

Don't you mean:
"Paranoid" by Black Sabbath?

And, yeah GH3 is gonna pwn!

Avatar image for RockOnDomRockOn
RockOnDomRockOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RockOnDomRockOn
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
There's a good amount of songs on this one...but I don't agree with it being the best tracklist in the series.:?
kyuss015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 kyuss015
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts
Overall, it is pretty solid. It has Slayer and Iron Maiden. I love Sabbath too, but Paranoid is a bit too short. Though it is a good song. I would have died for some Soundgarden, Kyuss (!) Sonic Youth and some more power ballads. Dream on would be great to play in this game.
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts

Overall, it is pretty solid. It has Slayer and Iron Maiden. I love Sabbath too, but Paranoid is a bit too short. Though it is a good song. I would have died for some Soundgarden, Kyuss (!) Sonic Youth and some more power ballads. Dream on would be great to play in this game.kyuss015

where pink floyd

Paleo_Orca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Paleo_Orca
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts
Honestly I would've picked something other than 'One' for the Metallica song :/
CampusVoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CampusVoice
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts

Yeah, I did mean "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. I've got no idea why I wrote The Rolling Stones. :|

The new song list isn't perfect, but I still like it better than the first two. I was expected GH2's soundtrack to blow away GH1 considering they might have more resources after the success of the first game, but I really didn't think it was any better. Guitar Hero 3's song list just happens to match my tastes a little better.