The Great Thing About The DS and DSLite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They just play games.

That's it

Nothing else

I love that Nintendo offers a handheld that's just a game player instead of saying "Hey instead of only working towards games we're going to split up our efforts so we can offer you crappy video, mediocre phone service, less then stellar music player, etc...."

My cell does video, audio, PHONE TALKING MACHINING, etc. I don't need, nor want, my DS to try to replace any of those features. I just want it to do one thing that my cell (and every other cell in the world) is awful at, games!

Give me games, give me a unit that has a huge library of games. When I get a call I'll just tap my ear and answer it not stopping from playing my game. I wont have to close the lid on New Super Mario and then hold a phone taco to my ear.

I hope Nintendo sticks with this policy forever. The way the cell industry is moving you don't need a iPhone to get a full multimedia phone and you don't need to pay an arm and a leg. Nintendo would be stupid to try to compete with that when they have the one thing they do best, games.

What does everyone else think? Are you glad that Nintendo focuses on games and doesn't waste time with other diversions?

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
True say, I agree. Especially if the 'extra' media quality is low.(*cough*psp*cough*).
Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

I agree. I do not NEED a system that does everything but tapdances! KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

With all technology getting more and more complicated, it's nice to have something that you turn on, play games with, and turn off.

I did look into "other" handhelds. Thanks but no thanks.

Dymond7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 Dymond7
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts
That's the problem I'm having with all the systems, I don't understand why they want to make a system a MEDIA player, seriously, I want my system to play and only play the games I purchased, I don't want Internet, I don't want a DVD/ Blu Ray, I just want a system to play games.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Wow, I couldn't have phrased it better. I agree 100%
Power_Wrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Power_Wrist
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
Not so sure. While I do indeed like the games on the DS, the extra media on the PSP kept me from completely discounting it. Ripping DVDs onto a portable was just plain fun, especially for long plane rides - because nothing psyches me up for a buisness meeting like watching Full Metal Jacket and half of the Shawshank Redemption.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

OK before this topic goes any further I don't want anyone else bringing up other hardware that plays games. I don't want this to turn into a System Wars topic.

Back to topic...

I have other devices and I understand that not everyone wants to carry a bunch of things. At the same time it's nice to have priority components. I have an iPod shuffle for the gym, one of those little clippy guys because I can clip it and forget it. I have that same kind of policy with my DSLite.

Even WITH a NERF case my DS is small and a case of three games is as thick as a stick of gum. I like that portability and then having a phone for everything else.

The nicest thing is not having to interrupt anything. Like I said up there I can get a call and still be playing whatever game I'm playing, there's no interruption.

andrewham7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 andrewham7
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts
EXACTLY!! i dont want to pay more for a ds to get those extra features
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
You are correct sir
tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
I agree, Nintendo doesn't need to add all those multimedia devices to make their systems great. When it comes down to it, it's the games that really matter. The only thing I could ask for is better online play but it's something I can deal with seeing as it's basically free.
typeRseries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 typeRseries
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

Focuses all of its energy in gaming. Simple is always a good thing...and keeps it affordable :)

nightcall14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 nightcall14
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

That's the problem I'm having with all the systems, I don't understand why they want to make a system a MEDIA player, seriously, I want my system to play and only play the games I purchased, I don't want Internet, I don't want a DVD/ Blu Ray, I just want a system to play games.Dymond7

I agree 100%

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Yeah, but all those extras dont cost so much anymore, PSP is like $30 more then the DS now or something, and it has between PS1 and PS2 graphics, while the DS is GBA to early N64. I don't really care about the graphics, but even if Nintendo sticks with only games (which is all I use both my PSP and DS for) I hope they can put out at least PSP graphics next time, in combination with something innovative.
PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
Not so sure. While I do indeed like the games on the DS, the extra media on the PSP kept me from completely discounting it. Ripping DVDs onto a portable was just plain fun, especially for long plane rides - because nothing psyches me up for a buisness meeting like watching Full Metal Jacket and half of the Shawshank Redemption. Power_Wrist
That my firend is the greaest movie ever made. but onto the topic, I cant say I agree, I am for lack of a better word ,a nintendo fanboy and I still wish that they would implement things that their cimpetitiors are doing, I dont mind paying a steep price for extra fetures to keep me busy in between games.
Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
It's true that I hardly ever use any of the extra features on the 360 or PSP, but I am happy that my PS3 doubles as a Blu-ray player. So there are benefits.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

I agree 100%

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
I have a DS Lite and love it, I also have a PSPslim which is cool cause of the features. its only 170 for a piano black slim. both are great systems. I do paly my DS more cause more games. PSP has got some good games though.
viewtifullee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 viewtifullee
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts
gba games ..battery life ...touch touCH TOUCH
tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

Weird.. my ds does music, video, and works as a telephone... so.. i dont know what to say. it also lets me browse the internet, and more..diped

i'm thinking that's sarcasm but mine can do that too...except for being a telephone.