The 3DS worth the money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JimJamJdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JimJamJdawg
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Is it worth the pricetag, and how long until the next better one is comes out, which nowadays is inevitable...
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
It was worth the price at 250.00. At 170.00, it's a steal.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Considering the 3DS is still doing poorly in sales and software isn't helping stem the tide I'd say wait

Nintendo has already started adding add ons like a second thumbstick to the 3DS to control certain games, it wont be long before we see a new handheld from them

Firstinstimct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Firstinstimct
Member since 2011 • 306 Posts

Considering the 3DS is still doing poorly in sales and software isn't helping stem the tide I'd say wait

Nintendo has already started adding add ons like a second thumbstick to the 3DS to control certain games, it wont be long before we see a new handheld from them

Jaysonguy
Wrong!!! 3ds sales have picked up enormously since the price drop, and the second thumbstick 3ds wobt be here until atleast 2013, im pretty sure they have a contract with the manufacturer to produce the currwnt 3ds for 2 years. Pkus you can always upgrade and get the new one and enjoy it in the meantime
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Firstinstimct

Wrong!!! 3ds sales have picked up enormously since the price drop, and the second thumbstick 3ds wobt be here until atleast 2013, im pretty sure they have a contract with the manufacturer to produce the currwnt 3ds for 2 years. Pkus you can always upgrade and get the new one and enjoy it in the meantime

Nope, you're wrong on all counts

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Yup. The 3DS is apparently selling quite well now. At least in Japan. There is a strong line up of games coming over the next year, with November/December kicking off things quite dramatically. As for waiting for a revised model. It's up to you, but there are only 6 games that support the 2nd thumb slider. None of which specifically require it. As a 3DS owner, i'm also hoping, but i'm doubting a revised model will include a 2nd slider. Not just because of the lack of games that support it already, but they'd also have to include 4 shoulder buttons, instead of the standard 2, which would make the console a lot thicker at one end at least. There's a reason the Vita does without double shoulder buttons and its all to do with the consoles size and shape.
MaleficDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MaleficDalek
I got mine for 110 on Amazon which is ridiculously cheap, and at that price i think its definitely worth buying, and the next ds to be released would probably be the 3dsxl which isn't worth waiting for.
toastisgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 toastisgood
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Yes, especially with some of the games coming this winter.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#9 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

It's very definitely worth it if you do not have a DSi, even if you have a DS/DS Lite. I am not sure the lineup warrants an upgrade from a DSi just yet but it probably will w/in a year.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
If you have to ask, I'd probably say no - if the current lineup hasn't made you want to buy a 3DS, then I wouldn't buy one. At $250 it was absolutely not worth a purchase unless a person had way too much disposable money lying around or a penchant for buying every piece of new hardware that releases. At $170, it's a better deal, although there are still relatively few 'must have' games if you own any other gaming system at all. There are a lot of meh games out, and if the 3DS is your only way of playing videogames they might be worth picking up, but mediocrity doesn't sell systems.
slidepad3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slidepad3ds
Not at current time, re-ask the question in a years time and you will have a different answer.
Demonnogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Demonnogo
If you don't the previous DS systems then it's worth it. Currently there aren't that many good games on it. December would be a great time to buy one. I own a 3DS though and it's pretty fun and I buy ds games for it too but I'm still waiting for the beast titles to come out.
KiD_ReMiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KiD_ReMiX
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts

Now = No.

At the end of the year when better games are out = yes.

Javinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Javinho
Member since 2008 • 20472 Posts
I wouldn't see why not to get it.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

To me, my 3DS is worth everything to me. So muh so that I thought $250 was a bargin. $170 to me is a steal. Esspecially with the games coming this holliday, next year, and beyond.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if you like playing handhelds then definiotely...it has a nice little library already..including the ds library and virtual console games.

JessMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JessMarz
Member since 2011 • 118 Posts

Back then, not really. Now with the pricedrop it is actually worth it since the good games are coming out soon.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#18 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

You should get it in December, when there will be better games like Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D Land.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
For me...NO. There is not one 3DS game I want + New system design (either a 'lite' model and/or major redesign) on the way = no buy at this point and time
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
i think if you need a DS "RIGHT NOW" you should get one of the cheaper older versions. I miss my DS's and I'm trying to find one on CL for cheap :P Come early 2012 it will be much more worthwhile.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34777 Posts
I'd say no. When there are more than 1-2 good games for it, and when the future of it looks good, then it'll be worth it. The upcoming games look good, so it looks promising, but I'd wait.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

That all depends on your disposable income. I purchased one in haste knowing it'd be some time until I saw any decent titles, those being Zelda and Star Fox respectively. IMO, they're the only titles that currently semi-justify purchasing a 3DS and if like most of us you've played them before then you may as well wait until the next batch of quality titles are released.

Flame3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flame3DS
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
I love the 3DS, and recommend anyone to buy it, a lot af great games coming out.
diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts
If you have the money to spare now, might as well, there are a few good titles to keep you occupied till this holiday when the good games start coming in.