That Wii game you regret buying

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Just Checking. Is there a game in your Wii collection you wish you never bought? That game that makes you frown in disgust at the very sight of its white box? Like Bug Island or similar?

Mine is Far Cry Vengeance: the second dumbest shooter ever. (ok, I cheated: I traded it in, but it still counts).

What's yours?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Too short, bad graphics, last minute motion controls. However, its still playable.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Thankfully I research all my games thoroughly so I'm satisfied with all my purchases so far.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

I haven't really regretted buying any Wii games yet.

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts
I thought I was going to like Elebits, but I was wrong. Thats the only one.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Well, I wish I didn't pay $50 for RE:UC. Good game but not worth $50.
Helen_Mirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Helen_Mirren
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Wii Play, but since it essentially only costed $10 I can't be too upset.
full1820house

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 full1820house
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
Carnival Games because of bad graphics,too easy,prizes are dumb,my wii kept freezing while it was in.
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Rayman Raving Rabbits, really overated
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

SSBB

No jk

I only regret getting MySims for christmas. Terrible

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
Wii Play. But it came with a remote so its not so bad.
buckincrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 buckincrazy
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

Rayman Raving Rabbits, really overatedWaffle_Fish

agreed

tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Sims 2 Castaways
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

None.

:D

meetuatdepub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 meetuatdepub
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy. I hate it. It feels like a chore to play.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I needed a new Wii Remote and I thought Wii Play would certainly at least be worth $10.

It wasn't.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Thankfully I research all my games thoroughly so I'm satisfied with all my purchases so far.Jaysonguy

Likewise =D

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I so far don't regret games because i only buy games that sites/peoples reviews and what my friends say about games or i play it before i buy it. Plus i got in in febuary and only own 5 games so far lol.
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts
zack & wiki. it was a bit overhyped and overrated. i wasnt really into the point and click, and trial and error style gameplay.
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

Rayman Raving Rabbits, really overatedWaffle_Fish

I 100% agree

spec0688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spec0688
Member since 2004 • 2444 Posts
i dont go on a buying spree and just buy random games, i read about them first and watch a few vids 2 see if they actually gonna be good
thiagolr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thiagolr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Brunswick Pro Bowling......... ridiculous....
Avatar image for PlayPlayStation
PlayPlayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PlayPlayStation
Member since 2004 • 5205 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy sadly...I was expecting a lot more.
--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts

Getting games for the Wii should be a no-brainer. Get the Nintendo developed and produced stuff. Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid. Those are why I care about the Wii, I personally wouldn't waste my money on games outside of what Nintendo itself crafts. I know that 99% of them are just trying to cash in on the motion sencing. The only game I EVER considered buying thats not Nintendo is Victorious Boxers or whatever it was called. Only cause I box and wrestle, and even then I chose not to.

All respect due to those who like some games not made by Nintendo, in my opinion (and I understand I have not played them, so for all I know they could be good) they arn't anything compared to Mario or Link.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Getting games for the Wii should be a no-brainer. Get the Nintendo developed and produced stuff. Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid. Those are why I care about the Wii, I personally wouldn't waste my money on games outside of what Nintendo itself crafts. I know that 99% of them are just trying to cash in on the motion sencing. The only game I EVER considered buying thats not Nintendo is Victorious Boxers or whatever it was called. Only cause I box and wrestle, and even then I chose not to.

All respect due to those who like some games not made by Nintendo, in my opinion (and I understand I have not played them, so for all I know they could be good) they arn't anything compared to Mario or Link.

--Sinister--

And that my friends, is why third parties don't take Nintendo consoles seriously. It's that attitude that allows crap like Mario Party to sell millions while Zack & Wiki and No More Heroes sits on the shelf.

We all know that Nintendo is the best developer/publisher but to refuse to try third party games is absolutely crazy.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

[QUOTE="Waffle_Fish"]Rayman Raving Rabbits, really overatedNintendo_Man

I 100% agree

rayman raving rabbids was only meant as a starting game to see the different ways the remote works, if youve aleready played things that are alot better, it will seem like a waste of money. Im not bashing your opinion though.

anyways ive only bought 5/9 of my wii game (the rest were gifts) and the one i most regretting buying if i had to chose is mercury meltdown revolution. Its not bad, and its fine for only 20 bucks but the rest of my games are really good. I also rent alot and my least favourite rental was either strikers or sonic riders.

--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 --Sinister--
[QUOTE="--Sinister--"]

Rocky32189

And that my friends, is why third parties don't take Nintendo consoles seriously. It's that attitude that allows crap like Mario Party to sell millions while Zack & Wiki and No More Heroes sits on the shelf.

We all know that Nintendo is the best developer/publisher but to refuse to try third party games is absolutely crazy.

I do give them a chance, I've rented a couple I wondered about and I research games them pretty well. I stated that for all I know some of them could be great, but for 40 or 50 bones? Speaking of which....Whats a Zack & Wiki? I've never heard of 'No more Heros' either...

--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 --Sinister--
[QUOTE="--Sinister--"]

Rocky32189

I do give them a chance, I've rented a couple I wondered about and I research games them pretty well. I stated that for all I know some of them could be great, but for 40 or 50 bones? Speaking of which....Whats a Zack & Wiki? I've never heard of 'No more Heros' either...

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts
I don't regret any but... my least favorites are paper mario smg, tbh...
Khoaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Khoaki
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy
MrPoo6321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrPoo6321
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix... could've just rented it and beat it before I turned it back in... also Marvel Ultimate Alliance would have been cool if I had 4 nunchuks and 3 other people.
B1kmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 B1kmatt
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts
I do not regret any mand usually if I do I sell it back or say I beat it and return it (if it is used andfrom gamestop)
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Rayman Raving Rabbits and Sonic and the Secret Rings.
brawl_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 brawl_96
Member since 2008 • 3953 Posts

all my games were gifts or my brother bought them.here is a list of my games(there going in order from worst 2 best)

big brain academy

mp8

m vs s

mp3

gh3

ssbb

i always reasech my games ,even presents before i get them so there always good.but sometimes reviews arent da best way 2 look for games

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Probably MK: Armageddon... only because I probably logged in only a few hours of gameplay. That $50 could've been spent elsewhere.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="--Sinister--"]

--Sinister--

I pray your joking (end part)

--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 --Sinister--
[QUOTE="--Sinister--"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="--Sinister--"]

gamer6464

I pray your joking (end part)

I'm not. I've never heard of either games. Are they solid games?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

--Sinister--

Both are good games, that are, surprisingly, not made by nintendo!

I'm not. I've never heard of either games. Are they solid games?

--Sinister--

No More Heroes was the first game to get a 9.0+ on gamespot this year -- its a fantastic title

Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

--Sinister--

Yeah... That's a little close minded, thinking that all third party games "aren't as good as Mario or Link". If all you play is 1st party Nintendo games then you're missing out on a lot of great games. Don't tell me you haven't played RE4 Wii edition... Best game ever imo. Anyways, my advice to you is to stop being paranoid and start playing something other then Mario and Zelda.... Just don't buy crap, do your research and get something good.

f8101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 f8101
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts
i regret buying ssx blur
--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 --Sinister--

I beat RE4 on PS2.

And I'm not paranoid, I just get cautious for 3rd party Wii games. I'm way more loose about games on my PS3 (I bought Turok first day, bad move)

Honestly, I grew up with Mario and such, and thats basically the reason I got a Wii. Not for the wiimotes or motion sencing, but because I love Mario and the classic games I grew up with.

lilj0e777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lilj0e777
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
i thought that I shouldn't have gotten super paper mario, no replay value...the game isnt that bad, but for 50 bucks...ehh, i dunno
de_n00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 de_n00b
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts

BT3... lame game. even lamer online.

waiting for Burst Limit on PS3. it will PWN.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nintendo_Man

i regret buying ssx blurf8101

I also agree with that (seems like others agree with me).

Rayman was boring, Mario Party was much more enjoyable (and made much better use of the Wii controls). It gets boring just playing mini game after mini game to just beat a score (they could of made a 1 player mode which had proper adventure elements, it is very much like WarioWare:Touched.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#45 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Sonic and the Secret Rings. bad game that i was happy to get rid of.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Paper Mario

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nintendo_Man

Sonic and the Secret Rings. bad game that i was happy to get rid of.BuryMe

I don't think it is bad, it is a solid game and a good start for Sonic on the Wii. Atleast we got that and not Sonic the Hedgehog.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
Red Steel, it's really fun, and I loved playing to to be honest, but I just haven't played it enough.
purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts
wii play, but I got it for christmas and it has a remote so...I can't complain too much
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Super Smash Brothers Brawl