This topic is locked from further discussion.

EddieTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 EddieTheGreat
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

Why is there no Tekken game for Wii?

I would really enjoy Tekken for Wii, Anyone else?

Yyin9564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Yyin9564
Member since 2007 • 2320 Posts
never put any thought to it... i dunno about Tekken the fighting game... maybe a Yoshimitsu side game... or a TekkenBall Wii game
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
Tekken is one of Sony''s longest running exclusives. I don't see it happening on Wii
03mareed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 03mareed
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
Sony game
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Tekken is one of Sony''s longest running exclusives. I don't see it happening on Wiiwhoozwah
Actually, there was a Tekken game for Game Boy Advance. Plus every game in the series has seen an arcade release. Hardly a Sony exclusive. If Tekken 6 does as poorly as most PS3 games, it's possible that the series could find a home on another console. But the Wii is probably out of the question because of the motion controls. I'd rather have Virtua Fighter either way.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Sony game03mareed
Wrong. It's a Namco game. It's been on GBA and in the arcades.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
I'd like to see Tekken come to Wii but i doubt it
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
after playing VF5 i really started hating games like Tekken, VF, and SF im more of CoN, DBZ:BT, & SSB fan
HeliumFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 HeliumFear
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
I prefer Virtua Fighter(stating the obvious,I suppose. Jacky,FTW!). I never liked Tekken.
VetleAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VetleAT
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
That would be absolute AWESOME! It is to Xbox 360 and PS3, why not Wii?
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I rather like to see a Real Soul Caliber game on the Wii! Soul Caliber Legends was ok but Why wasn't Soul Caliber 4 released for the Wii? Only one Soul Calibur game was on a Nintendo System and that was Soul Caliber 2!

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

would be great, but is a sony game

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Only High end HD hardware like the 360, PSP and iPhone can run Tekken 6.
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

grandma wouldn't want it.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
Only High end HD hardware like the 360, PSP and iPhone can run Tekken 6.loco145
None of those systems have high-end hardwares.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I perfer Street Fighter.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

I would love to see Tekken and Virtua Fighter on the Wii, considering that Nintendo has good relationships with Namco and Sega. And now that the Wii has Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and its Arcade Stick, I would like to see more core fighting games on the Wii.

If Tekken 6 is possible on the PSP, then the Wii can definitely handle it.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
It's not a Sony game; I have it for 360. I doubt it would work well on the Wii.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

I rather like to see a Real Soul Caliber game on the Wii! Soul Caliber Legends was ok but Why wasn't Soul Caliber 4 released for the Wii? Only one Soul Calibur game was on a Nintendo System and that was Soul Caliber 2!

LegatoSkyheart

I agree with this. If Namco's to release a Wii fighter (which I doubt), I would rather that game be Soul Calibur. However, the chances of seeing either series on the Wii are slim because despite the fact that most people who buy this game will probably use a more traditional controller to begin with, Namco probably doesn't want to be bothered mapping fighting game controls to the Wii Remote, which is a shame.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Madmangamer364

I agree with this. If Namco's to release a Wii fighter (which I doubt), I would rather that game be Soul Calibur. However, the chances of seeing either series on the Wii are slim because despite the fact that most people who buy this game will probably use a more traditional controller to begin with, Namco probably doesn't want to be bothered mapping fighting game controls to the Wii Remote, which is a shame.

It could also be from the sales that Soul Caliber Legends got which by the way isn't a bad game but it wasn't the Soul Calibur everyone knew and loved.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Madmangamer364

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

It could also be from the sales that Soul Caliber Legends got which by the way isn't a bad game but it wasn't the Soul Calibur everyone knew and loved.

I highly doubt Soul Calibur Legends has anything to do with Namco not release any of their true fighters on the Wii. Namco should've known as well as anyone that Legends wasn't going to measure up to a traditional Soul Calibur game from either a quality or commercial perspective. Namco should also know that a series like Soul Calibur can actually be successful on the Wii, given the fact that the GameCube version of SCII sold the best of the bunch, and the Wii could still use a high-profile traditional fighter or two in its library.

It's the same story as most major third party publishers and their high profile titles not being on the Wii, really. For some reason, they continue to see the Wii as the system for spin-offs and experiments, instead giving it sufficient attention by creating true installments to their sure-fire hit series to draw attention. Heck, even the PSP can get a Soul Calibur exclusive, but the Wii always seems to have to settle with something completely different. Oh well... :P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LegatoSkyheart

I highly doubt Soul Calibur Legends has anything to do with Namco not release any of their true fighters on the Wii. Namco should've known as well as anyone that Legends wasn't going to measure up to a traditional Soul Calibur game from either a quality or commercial perspective. Namco should also know that a series like Soul Calibur can actually be successful on the Wii, given the fact that the GameCube version of SCII sold the best of the bunch, and the Wii could still use a high-profile traditional fighter or two in its library.

It's the same story as most major third party publishers and their high profile titles not being on the Wii, really. For some reason, they continue to see the Wii as the system for spin-offs and experiments, instead giving it sufficient attention by creating true installments to their sure-fire hit series to draw attention. Heck, even the PSP can get a Soul Calibur exclusive, but the Wii always seems to have to settle with something completely different. Oh well... :P

Madmangamer364

I'll never understand that either. The Nintendo Wii is a Legitament System that should get what the other consoles are getting. I guess Developers will never understand that the Reason their games don't sell is because they are not the games that the other systems have (EX. Wii = Soul Calibur Legends PS3&360 = Soul Calibur 4).

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
JUSTI- wait... this isnt one of his threads... 2007!? of course... if its not one, its the other. -Quirky "please dont bump old threads" Message Here-
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LegatoSkyheart

WHOA! I really need to look at the dates of some of these posts! man I can't believe I was posting in a old thread. :(

I feel violated.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Madmangamer364

JUSTI- wait... this isnt one of his threads... 2007!? of course... if its not one, its the other. -Quirky "please dont bump old threads" Message Here-garrett_duffman

HOLY MOLEY! I'm usually able to catch a bumped thread before I respond to it. Looks like I'm off my game tonight... :| :P

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
haha don't even worry about it,the only reason i noticed is because i came into this thread with a pessimistic attitude, assuming it was justinhful's new thread of indecipherable nonsense, and needed to find something to hate about the thread other than its nonsensical topic