Switch or Switch Lite what do you have?

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Switch or Switch Lite what do you have? (37 votes)

Switch 62%
Switch Lite 14%
Both 14%
niether 11%

What do you have?

• 
TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

switch

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have 2 Nintendo Switch systems. The original Launch Version which I waited to buy after a little more than 2 years on the market. The just 1.5 months ago I ended up purchasing the current Switch model. The revision with the better battery life, Better Screen brightness. Which is the better version and if you keep you Nintendo Switch systems on default settings. Than the differences between models 001 and 101 are noticed. But for most people, they will not notice. It is only worth the upgrade if you use the Nintendo Switch as a handheld portable game system. If you just keep it in the dock don;t bother with getting the new model if you have the lauch version. I kept my old Switch since I have a back up should the other Nintendo Switch is lost, Stolen, Forgotten in the Airport, Destroyed etc. Replacing the joy con controllers is $90.00 so it didn't bother trading it in. Sorry for the long post. but people are going to ask you do you need 2 Nintendo Switch Systems or get the Switch mini for the "Gameboy experience"

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

Just the original switch model in grey. Currently playing Xenoblade 2 on it. I have no interest in the lite and i probably wouldnt get an upgraded switch unless it was a very substantial upgrade. So will probably stick with it until the swicches successor comes out.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Switch Lite (Yellow color BTW), but I'm planning on getting the original switch as a TV only console once Nintendo gets manufacturing up to speed again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I have the newer model neon Switch.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

Have the Animal Crossing Switch and the Pokemon Switch Lite.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

A Nintendo Switch V2 in black/grey. Had the launch model for a couple of years, but sold it as I wanted the extra battery life. Use the console more in handheld as it is. Has definitely served me well so far.

JungleHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JungleHeart
Member since 2022 • 4 Posts

Switch, v1. I already have a Series X but I still love going back to the Switch. The Switch Lite is cute but I find myself not actively recommending it to friends; for a few more bucks, they take away the ability to be able to play on a TV and on portable mode. The flexibility between the two warrants the added price.

Strangely though... I find myself still wanting to own a Switch Lite, especially the turquoise.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts

The launch Switch with the horrible battery. Since I use it on the TV like 95% of the time (I'm home a lot, since corona), don't really care though. But if Nintendo decided to make a handheld that lasts more than 2 hours on launch next time, that'd be cool.

I don't like Nintendo's habit of releasing half assed hardware just to have much better revisions released shortly after. It's very annoying. Might wait 2 years for the next Nintendo product to be on the market before getting it.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts

Black/gray Switch. I don't ever bring it in public. I mostly play disconnected from the TV at home.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7219 Posts

Switch lite it's simply a indie machine at the moment.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4209 Posts

I don’t have a Switch, but if I were to get one, I wouldn’t get the lite as I’d want to play on TV/docked mode as well. I would want the full experience.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

switch

OMGCrissy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 OMGCrissy
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I have both, but I rarely use my Switch Lite. I originally got it because I was sick (hence the Lite because it was portable) but I bought a Black Gray Switch because I have a TV. It gave me eye strain when I was looking at the screen, but it's fine plugged into the TV.

My only gripe with the Switch (aside from it being basically a baby's toy compared to Sony or Microsoft) are the actual controllers. Nothing against the games that work, but the drifting (when the stick moves on it's own) is extremely annoying and it kills games with cross-platform (like Rocket League, Mortal Kombat 11 Dead by Daylight and Fortnite). They're a hassle to replace, but it's fine with they work.

I regret buying any of these games on the Switch, because other PC or Console titles run way better than the Switch does. Loading times are terrible, and the Switch has to have auto features that ruin the gameplay. Most of the games released are dumbed down and general garbage on the Switch.

Far as the good games go: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Party. Super Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing: New Horizons have been solid titles. The rest seem to struggle, including the N64 games added. I even have Hulu installed on this Switch and it lags at times.

The Switch Lite is alright, but they absolutely need an adapter to plug into a TV, just because the screen is so tiny and it shocked me that I played games on it. The wireless adapter (I know you can't change it) is a bit weak when you play games online, but it works as long as you don't wander off too far from your router. Places my laptop work perfectly fine don't work with the Switch Lite, I don't recommend it unless it's a gift for a child who you don't want playing online all the time.

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

I got the regular switch, as I bought it just about a couple of months after it officially launched. I was thinking of getting the OLED, but decided to hold off because I play the system in dock mode nearly all the time.

Tuskenraider80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tuskenraider80
Member since 2022 • 65 Posts

I have two Switch Lites

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#17 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

I had a Grey launch unit then I got the lite and now I have the neon blue red switch and the pink lite