bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#1 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/super-mario-maker-2-review-in-progress-parts-and-c/1900-6417189/

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I looove the level creation tips! As a small hobbyist game theorist/designer I have always struggled with making actual good levels. Isn't that weird? It's like I have no trouble coming up with cool building blocks for a game and general throughlines for a level, but using the pieces in smart ways to conduct the player's enjoyment is so tough for me. Maybe this game will actually make me a better designer, and that would be worth the money tenfold alone.

I do recommend that you get a stylus if you ever aim to create your own levels. I got a Meko 2-in-1 stylus that seems to work great. Lot's of other brands make the same type of stylus and I think they are all qualitatively about the same. (It's a stylus with a disc tip and a rounded fiber-tip.) They are around $10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@KungfuKitten: So making levels using the controller doesn't work well? I'm curious to know, since that's likely how I would want to play the game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i got it strictly for the multiplayer.

played some matches yesterday of online coop. the lag sometimes ruins it. but there were many good matches. i didnt play vs yet but i will.

its a good time but not super super addicting.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so i just played some versus.

umm. i suck. plain and simple. its bad enough i suck but also the slight lag makes me even worse.

yea no point to keep playing to keep getting beat and maybe winning 1 here and there.

i think i will have to stick to Co-op.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@KungfuKitten: So making levels using the controller doesn't work well? I'm curious to know, since that's likely how I would want to play the game.

It's OK. It's just slow and unintuitive at first. It's functional but I super prefer the ease of use with a stylus.