Suggestions on a Pokemon game and other 3DS titles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WarCat78 (25 posts) -
So I'm going to purchase a 3DS very soon. I plan on getting LoZ: OOT, Starfox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7, and I wanted to get a Pokemon game. I haven't played a Pokemon game since GBA. My little brother has a DSi and has Pokemon Black 2. I haven't really looked at it much. Should I go with White 2 or with something else? My favorite Pokemon games were Gold and Silver so I was considering HeartGold or SoulSilver. I could get White 2 so my little brother and I could trade and battle though. I'm aware of Pokemon X and Y and although I haven't looked into all that much, I plan on getting it when it comes out as it looks pretty interesting. Which game should I go with for now? SS/HG or B2/W2? or is there another suggestion you have? Thanks.
#2 Posted by Sora278 (1496 posts) -

You should get Black or White 1.  I thought 2 was awful.  If not that then go for HG/SS.

#3 Posted by Sora278 (1496 posts) -

As for other 3DS games, Kid Icarus is a must.  Also Fire Emblem: Awakening, Resident Evil: Revelations, Etrian Odyssey 4, Kingdom Hearts: DDD, Tales of the Abyss, Zero Escape, and Soul Hackers.

#4 Posted by towny_ (125 posts) -

There was much more to do in Black/White 2 so for the same price as Black/White 1 I would recommend #2. However there may be a very intense learning curve since Gold and Silver, so HG/SS or Platinum may be more suitable to get you into new pokemon generations.

#5 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

There was much more to do in Black/White 2 so for the same price as Black/White 1 I would recommend #2. However there may be a very intense learning curve since Gold and Silver, so HG/SS or Platinum may be more suitable to get you into new pokemon generations.

towny_
All of the Pokemon games are unbelievebly easy. Even if you have no idea how to battle it's a simple matter of grinding. I agree with the first guy though, even though B2/W2 have more post game content B1/W1 were the superior games.
#6 Posted by metroidfood (11175 posts) -

[QUOTE="towny_"]

Jonwh18

All of the Pokemon games are unbelievebly easy. Even if you have no idea how to battle it's a simple matter of grinding. I agree with the first guy though, even though B2/W2 have more post game content B1/W1 were the superior games.

BW1 were waaaaay too linear to be good, BW2 may have had an even shittier story than normal but as far as the campaign it was far more open and gave you a lot more to do. Plus the post game content alone is better than BW1.

I'm still a sucker for HG/SS though: great use of the touch screen, 16 badges and gym leader rematches, Battle Frontier, plus all the great aesthetic touches that added to the experience like Pokemon walking behind you. I thought the gyms and Elite 4 were better as well, and the improved Kanto content was nice. Still my go to recommendation for anyone looking to get back into the franchise.

#7 Posted by marluxia101 (1614 posts) -

If you like jrpg's Tales of the Abyss is super long and fun, I wasn't too impressed with KH:DDD.

As for Pokemon, If you're coming back after such a long time def. start with HG/SS(nostalgia will be through the roof)

#8 Posted by darksongbird (1237 posts) -

I heard Black 2 and White 2 were good but i've never played them so I can't express my feelings on them. My favorite games in the series were also Gold and Silver.....up until I played White. Then everything changed. It is now my favorite Pokemon game ever and although I already beat the main story 2 years ago I still own the game. I mean I wanna sell it because I don't think I'll be playing it much anymore but something about selling my favorite Pokemon game ever seems wrong. I would either get Black, White or Black 2/White 2.

#9 Posted by BigBen11111 (1529 posts) -
I say go ahead and get Pokemon White 2, so you can trade pokemon with your sibling. That or wait to get Pokemon X or Y. Also I suggest Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, Paper Mario Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. 2 & Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, all great games.
#10 Posted by voljin1987 (1001 posts) -
I would recommend waiting for pokemon x and y to come out.. if you absolutely need a pokemon to play now then i would suggest heartgold and soulsilver... maybe its just me but i did not like any of the new pokemon in black and white.. and imo gold/silver were the best of the games with 16 (if i remember correctly) gyms to beat.
#11 Posted by sonyfreak456 (46 posts) -
Heart gold, soul silver, or platinum.