Subspace Emissary for Smash Bros. Ultimate? I sure hope so.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I feel like this was sorely missing from Smash 4. I very much enjoyed it, and loved the coop nature of it. Was it a bit clunky for a platformer? Sure. But it was a heck of a lot of fun and had amazing fan service.

To me, this is probably the game mode I want most. Thoughts?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@sonic_spark said:

I feel like this was sorely missing from Smash 4. I very much enjoyed it, and loved the coop nature of it. Was it a bit clunky for a platformer? Sure. But it was a heck of a lot of fun and had amazing fan service.

To me, this is probably the game mode I want most. Thoughts?

i thought it sucked. it was the only way to unlock toon link and i forget who else. i played through it forcefully. it was super long too.

i think the adventure mode on melee was much better.

however, what i really want is break the targets like they were in 64 and melee where each stage is specific to each character.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#3 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I liked it. It was satisfying smashing enemies in one hit for a lot of the time.

xwingz900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 xwingz900
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

I would love to see the return of Subspace....or adventure mode....**** it, bring them both back! Subspace was a lot of fun (in my opinion) and it really made use of characters from different universes teaming up. Sure it wasn't a masterpiece of storytelling but it's a fighting game and I don't expect it to be perfect. On a different note, Smash 4 absolutely BOMBED in single player content (just my opinion), especially the changes made to classic mode that stripped whatever remaining bonus games there were for the player to enjoy. Master/Crazy orders was pretty fun, but smash tour sucked, they ruined target smash, and as I mentioned before, no adventure mode of any variation. I hope Ultimate improves this rather than makes it worse. Yeah, I get that it's a multiplayer game primarily, but sometimes I want to play single player.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I enjoyed Subspace, it was a natural evolution of the adventure mode in Melee. But I would like to see either return in Ultimate.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts

I thought it kinda sucked. I'd want it improved immensely if it returns.