Street Fighter 4 who wants it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
ive seen it 1st hand it looks beautiful very very possible on the wii theres really noting graphically that cant be done and i wanna no if theres any people here who would purchase SF4 if it ever did come out
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I would like it to come to Wii, but if it doesnt that wont make me mad.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The Wii isn't strong enough to run it

So once again...

In order to play everything this gen users have to be willing to buy more then one piece of hardware.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
getting a 360 so no
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 webbut

So once again...

In order to play everything this gen users have to be willing to buy more then one piece of hardware.

Jaysonguy

honestly its not that strong of a game graphicly i think they might be able to get chars running with little change if they replace the backgrounds with something less lively and get rid of some of the eye candy on moves to keep the game from slowing down it wouldnt be impossible to do

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

webbut

honestly its not that strong of a game graphicly i think they might be able to get chars running with little change if they replace the backgrounds with something less lively and get rid of some of the eye candy on moves to keep the game from slowing down it wouldnt be impossible to do

Even you agree it needs to be changed

This is why they make other hardware besides the Wii.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 webbut
[QUOTE="webbut"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

Jaysonguy

but so did multiplat releases for ps2 gamecube and the xbox sure they were more a lot more suddlebut still there and the game with minor adjustments is possible on the wii and would be good

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
trust me...the wii couldn't handle it. it would have to be dumbed down graphic-wise
Ragamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ragamer
Member since 2008 • 548 Posts
The topic should be "street fighter 4, WHO DOESN'T WANT IT FOR THE WII", honestly.. i'm in love with street fighter i can't wait for 4 to be released on consoles.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="webbut"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

webbut

but so did multiplat releases for ps2 gamecube and the xbox sure they were more a lot more suddlebut still there and the game with minor adjustments is possible on the wii and would be good

Last gen all the consoles were relatively close when it came to power

This gen it's leaps and bounds

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

Love Fighting games so yeah I'd want it

.....and about graphics I don't really care I mean if I did I'd own a Ps3 and/or 360

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 webbut
[QUOTE="webbut"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="webbut"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

Jaysonguy

Last gen all the consoles were relatively close when it came to power

This gen it's leaps and bounds

basicly my sole point was that it could be done with some adjustments that wouldnt make it seem like wii were cheated or made it feel like a new game...the game is great btw

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
They said they are toying with the idea of dropping in 2D sprites in place of the 3D characters and porting it to the Wii. If they did, I would buy it for sure.
SoldatKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SoldatKnight
Member since 2004 • 1557 Posts

They said they are toying with the idea of dropping in 2D sprites in place of the 3D characters and porting it to the Wii. If they did, I would buy it for sure.Mike1978Smith

If they do that I'd get SF4 even if I have to buy a another system to play it.:shock:

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 webbut

[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"]They said they are toying with the idea of dropping in 2D sprites in place of the 3D characters and porting it to the Wii. If they did, I would buy it for sure.SoldatKnight

If they do that I'd get SF4 even if I have to buy a another system to play it.:shock:

yeah 3-D is the way to go on this one...but the projectiles look like pretty blue CRAP nothing like how they did in the SF2 or SF 3rd strike or any game with SF chars

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

So once again...

Jaysonguy

Uh, dead wrong apparently.

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono is producing SF4 and has said so himself;

"We've had a lot of requests for Street Fighter IV on Wii" he says. "Since it's a 2D fighting game, it's doable, but whether we'd try we don't know. We'd have to see. If we can sell it, we might consider it. And it would be a straight-forward Street Fighter IV—it wouldn't be a kid's version."

Link

I would f-ing love Street Fighter to come back to Nintendo and I would buy SF4 on day one.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Me.

There is not one single reason to keep it off the wii. Capcom have been going on and on about making SF4 more approachable to the masses...well, then why not put it on the wii?

panpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 panpet
Member since 2008 • 3197 Posts
I want SF4 on my Wii. IT WILL GONNA BE AMAZING!!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

Hells_Hammer

"We've had a lot of requests for Street Fighter IV on Wii" he says. "Since it's a 2D fighting game, it's doable, but whether we'd try we don't know. We'd have to see. If we can sell it, we might consider it. And it would be a straight-forward Street Fighter IV—it wouldn't be a kid's version."

Link

I would f-ing love Street Fighter to come back to Nintendo and I would buy SF4 on day one.

You're going to want to read that over again and then say I'm right

He said it's doable whch means they'd have to CHANGE things

I love how you think that the game could run on all three platforms but they decided to only put it out for two of them. Because pressing some new disks was really that big of a deal.

The game has to be changed, it's another Dead Rising.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

Me.

There is not one single reason to keep it off the wii. Capcom have been going on and on about making SF4 more approachable to the masses...well, then why not put it on the wii?

goblaa

Because the Wii can't handle it and it would need to be watered down

Kuy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kuy4
Member since 2008 • 412 Posts

I want it.

I think the arcade though, is a much better place to play this game.

Fighters in general are best played in the arcade.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

I want it.

Kuy4

That has a lot to do with the controller too

The joystick and button setup just can't be adapted to any other controller unless you grab one of those special controllers.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
we are getting a new Street Fighter
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 webbut
[QUOTE="Kuy4"]

I want it.

Jaysonguy

That has a lot to do with the controller too

The joystick and button setup just can't be adapted to any other controller unless you grab one of those special controllers.

Classic controller is betterfor fighting games than the 360 IMO but then again for a lot of people the classic controller is still something extra. The game isnt all that fast so u dont need super persion like some other fighting games so using waggles wouldnt be too too bad. another way is to have the dpad A and B as the 6 attack buttons and the anolog stick for movement

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hells_Hammer
[QUOTE="Hells_Hammer"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

Jaysonguy

Link

I love how you think that the game could run on all three platforms but they decided to only put it out for two of them. Because pressing some new disks was really that big of a deal.

You'll want to read it again because I've said nothing pertaining to 'changing it'.

I'm pointing out that Capcom says Street Fighter IV on Wii "It's doable" "And it would be a straight-forward Street Fighter IV."

Now that's quite a bit different than "The Wii isn't strong enough to run it", isn't it?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Hells_Hammer"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

Hells_Hammer

Link

You'll want to read it again because I've said nothing pertaining to 'changing it'.

I'm pointing out that Capcom says Street Fighter IV on Wii "It's doable" "And it would be a straight-forward Street Fighter IV."

Now that's quite a bit different than "The Wii isn't strong enough to run it", isn't it?

I'm glad you're under the impression that the game is ready to be released on all three consoles but they only chose to do 2 right now.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hells_Hammer

I'm glad you're under the impression that the game is ready to be released on all three consoles but they only chose to do 2 right now.

Jaysonguy

I'm glad Capcom is too. "If we think we can sell it, then it's a possibility."

interview

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Hells_Hammer

interview

Yes, once they water it down, that's why they're not sure

The game cannot run on the Wii, it has to be dumbed down to do so. I'm glad you think differently but the bottom line is that if the game could run as is on the Wii it would launch with the other versions.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hells_Hammer

Jaysonguy

interview

Yes, once they water it down, that's why they're not sure

The game cannot run on the Wii, it has to be dumbed down to do so. I'm glad you think differently but the bottom line is that if the game could run as is on the Wii it would launch with the other versions.

I understand what you're saying. Every game that isn't specifically designed for Wii this gen would have to be graphically dumbed down, that's a given. But are you suggesting that alone means it shouldn't happen?

I've played several games on NES or Genesis that were dumbed down versions of Arcade or SNES titles (including Street Fighter II) and I enjoyed them just as much. Now I'll agree with you about Dead Rising, as it seems to have become an entirely different game now, and that was a mistake by Capcom.

But with all the mediocre garb. we see on Nintendo's console at the moment, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't welcome SF4 to Wii, especially since they've said it would be a straight-forward port.

nomadph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nomadph
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So once again...

Hells_Hammer

Link

So once again...

Jaysonguy

Link

when someone says something is "doable", it means they don't need to CHANGE anything. they even stressed that point by saying it would be a "straight-forward Street Fighter IV".

jeez, your reading comprehension = epic phail