This topic is locked from further discussion.

Veritys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Veritys
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
Without buying a memory card, how many saved games can we get by on? I am not really sure how much room the Wii has or how much I have used up.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

i have around 10 VC games and about 7 games save in my Wii.. and I still have a LOT of space.

And I have heard of ppl that have up tp 40VC games.

does that help? :oops:

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
You can have about 20-30 VC games. If you are talking about game saves, you can probably store hundreds on the Wii because they are so small.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17885 Posts

if ure jsut wondering about wii game saves.....u dont need to. most game save on wii are 2-4 blocks in size. it would take thousands to fill the wiis internal memory. the biggest save ive seen so for endless ocean, which is 32 blocks per account (and u can have 3 accounts so i can go up to 96). but thats very much the exception.

however the VC is also demanding on memory and, depending on how many u buy, the internal memory can quickly fill up.

if u want to check how much space u have then u can go into the memory management menu by clicking on the wii icon at the bottom left of the screen.

Veritys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Veritys
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
Thanks for all the information guys, I will be buying some VC's eventually but I feel much better knowing about all the storage space!
Bobert66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bobert66
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

if ure jsut wondering about wii game saves.....u dont need to. most game save on wii are 2-4 blocks in size. it would take thousands to fill the wiis internal memory. the biggest save ive seen so for endless ocean, which is 32 blocks per account (and u can have 3 accounts so i can go up to 96). but thats very much the exception.

osan0
I think madden takes up more space, my game save in madden 08 is like 34 blocks, but that's for everything, not one file.
JohnDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 JohnDW
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
Remember that if you need to you can delete the VC game from the console but you can redownload it over and over to the console you bought it on :)
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
How Much Space does Sin & Punishment take up, because that is one of the main games I want on the VC, I have yet to buy any VC games yet.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

How Much Space does Sin & Punishment take up, because that is one of the main games I want on the VC, I have yet to buy any VC games yet.Nintendo_Ownes7

It takes up a few hundred blocks. I'm not sure the exact number but I could check if you really want me to.

j3c1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 j3c1987
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
Hey everybody, please pardon but I've been too busy playing on my wii to read the latest news, anyway has anybody suggested to Nintendo directly to at least have support for bigger sd cards or maybe USB flash drives, because yea 2GB on an sd card is alot but with wiiware coming out and the vc getting bigger theres going to be some people (like me) who are not going to want to delete their downloaded games even if you can redownload them for free. Its just easier if Nintendo made support for bigger storage devices then to have to manage your Wiis memory every other day to fit a new game you want to download or to save the new version of madden on it.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

As a side note: The Wii does not have a memory card per se (discountingthose for GCN games). Rather it does support standard Secure Digital cards, but games neither save nor load directly off of them (you would need to transfer saves to and from internal space manually)

@j3c1987: Supporting bigger SD cards would require support for SDHC (SD2.0), which would mean hardware changes. Support for generic USB storage Device drivers (which are used by most Jump Drives, card readers and even USB hard drives) could be made possible through a firmware update, but I doubt they'll do it if only just because of worry that it could be exploited for piracy.