Still can't get WI-FI to work for my DS.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bubbaegr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bubbaegr
Member since 2003 • 257 Posts

I've had my DS now for about a year and I have tried with every game from need for speed and madden 07. None of the games will link up to my wireless network, which is a linksys G router and Modem. I have Comcast high speed internet, and my connection is generally very fast. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all eyes. Thank you

crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
did you try and set up the connection to your router?
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

when you set up your wi-fi for your game, make sure that if you have a WEP password that you input it. I have a Linksys and that was what I had to do.

Additionally, make sure you've got the network's name correct. My network name changed and for a while, I couldn't figure out what was going wrong with my DS connection.

bubbaegr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bubbaegr
Member since 2003 • 257 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by wep password. How do I configure anything on the DS in terms of my wireless connection? Thank you for the help.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
type 192.168.2.1 as the url and it should bring you to the router settings. you might need a password so you'll need to get that from whoever set the router up. and it needs to be the WEP like they said. i made mine a pretty simple password so it wouldn't be a pain in the butt to set up for the wifi.
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts

I have the same router and have no problems!

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by wep password. How do I configure anything on the DS in terms of my wireless connection? Thank you for the help.

bubbaegr

I actually don't know how to do it for the DS itself, but I think that when you set it in one game, it carries over with the others? There should be an option on the game menu about configuring Wi-fi. I did it with the in-game menu. You input all your internet information there. What the wireless network is called and the WEP password, if you have one (you don't need to make one for your internet if you don't have one.) The rest (like your IP address and subnet mask) you can leave to autodetect or whatever the options say.

xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xylophagous
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

There are many things that could be the problem, but it's likely your router setup.

You need to make sure that your router is set up correctly. The DS only supports WEP based encryption so check that your router is using that and not WPA. You need to know the SSID name of your router and what the encryption key is. This will be a long hexadecimal string of characters. Also ensure that your router is using mixed or B comms protocol. I'm not sure the DS works with G only. You also need to check that MAC address filtering is not turned to allow only specific named devices to connect to your network. If it is, add the MAC address of your ds to the list on your router setup.

You then need to configure your DS settings, noting all of the id's etc mentioned above.

iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

I've been wanting to get WIFI for my DS, but I can't since I have a TKIP code. I have a Wii that has WIFI. Is there any way that I can get the WIFI off of my wii onto my DS?

If that just made any sence....