Starting to lose interest in the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts
I was planning on buying the Wii, but with all the Sony announcements such as the cooperative platformer and Sony Home, I get the feeling that the Wii is going to fall behind, very fast. I dont know what Nintendo's plans are, but from what Ive seen, they are struggling to keep their identity when other consoles eagerly eat up its features. I dunno, there arent any games around that I find very interesting, and the game drought seems pretty heavy. I guess this gen, Ill wait, once again, till nearly the end of the cycle and buy the consoles when theyre 99-150 dollars.
gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
This probably should have been in System Wars instead of here.
wahotses-den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wahotses-den
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
I think nintendo is holding back there plans because they want it to b a surprize and i think if you would want to pic between sony and nintendo i'd go with da 1 that spends time on there projects
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flowingluc
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
sony is just copying what wii is doing. The wii is a fun simple system(easy to use online) and you cant forget that the ps3 is now 600$ so which one would you wait for?
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flowingluc
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
sony is just copying what wii is doing. The wii is a fun simple system(easy to use online) and you cant forget that the ps3 is now 600$ so which one would you wait for?
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Well i can garuntee you Sony will lose the Next Gen Wars, and Wii will probably win. But i wouldnt reccommend getting a Wii now anyway, wait till at least fall....
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
The only worth-while game for the Wiie right now is Zelda. The only game I'm looking forward to is Metroid Prime 3. The future's looking very bleak for the Wii at the minute, for me at least.
RyanWare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 RyanWare
Member since 2002 • 12113 Posts

It is sad to see Wii's features being copied, and unfortunately I'm afraid that this gen we will really see Nintendo fall behind in terms of adding new features to their console. Sony and especially Microsoft are huge companies with almost limitless resources and years of experience in software features, implementing updates, building online infrastructures, etc. Nintendo... is just a videogame company. And as videogame consoles become more and more complex, this will become more and more painfully apparent. They are already falling way behind in building an online system, and as the others keep updating their software wth major new features (such as PlayStation Home) Nintendo will constantly need to play catch-up. If they even bother (we'd be forced to buy memory cards as space ran low). I would be very surprised if the Mii channel is ever updated. I just don't think Nintendo has enough resources or experience to tackle as many different projects as MS and Sony. :(

So I think we'll just have to be content without some of the features that the 360 and PS3 have. But hey, I hope I'm wrong...

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
good for you dont want to wii dont get it. go with want you want
DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
Maybe the Wii will eventually see a $99 price.  The 360 maybe will eventually drop to $220-250.  The PS3 will maybe drop to $300-400.  Not to mention, none of this will happen for atleast four years.  Some smaller drops leading up till then.  Have fun waiting...
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
Ppl complain about the games on Wii, but what does the PS3 have??
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wavebrid

I was planning on buying the Wii, but with all the Sony announcements such as the cooperative platformer and Sony Home, I get the feeling that the Wii is going to fall behind, very fast. I dont know what Nintendo's plans are, but from what Ive seen, they are struggling to keep their identity when other consoles eagerly eat up its features. I dunno, there arent any games around that I findvery interesting, and the game drought seems pretty heavy. I guess this gen, Ill wait, once again, till nearly the end of the cycle and buy the consoles when theyre 99-150 dollars.nytrospawn

no one even wants ps3 anymore so i dont see where you gett cooperavite platfroom with price tag 600.

also ms nad nintendo are battling out.

If thats the case wouldnt by now?

its called do your serach before buying a new console if you going to for ps3 might as well go for 360 cost less have the same games excpet  for 2....

Here your assuming

than again you assuming

all console have a dryout you got vc games, and instead of listing to people how about pick a game up isntead of looking at hte damm review

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Maybe the Wii will eventually see a $99 price.  The 360 maybe will eventually drop to $220-250.  The PS3 will maybe drop to $300-400.  Not to mention, none of this will happen for atleast four years.  Some smaller drops leading up till then.  Have fun waiting...DrewBlood08
The 360 is having a 100 dollar price drop this year....
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
SuzumeCake
Guess all that's left is the 360.
msteryx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 msteryx
Member since 2005 • 12734 Posts
Same with me.....The only game I play right now is WarioWare, i've also got to finish one of my TP files that i'm about 45 minites from beating at 21 hours!(All hearts too)
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wavebrid

It is sad to see Wii's features being copied, and unfortunately I'm afraid that this gen we will really see Nintendo fall behind in terms of adding new features to their console. Sony and especially Microsoft are huge companies with almost limitless resources and years of experience in software features, implementing updates, building online infrastructures, etc. Nintendo... is just a videogame company. And as videogame consoles become more and more complex, this will become more and more painfully apparent. They are already falling way behind in building an online system, and as the others keep updating their software wth major new features (such as PlayStation Home) Nintendo will constantly need to play catch-up. If they even bother (we'd be forced to buy memory cards as space ran low). I would be very surprised if the Mii channel is ever updated. I just don't think Nintendo has enough resources or experience to tackle as many different projects as MS and Sony. :(

So I think we'll just have to be content without some of the features that the 360 and PS3 have. But hey, I hope I'm wrong...

RyanWare

no there not :|

ps3 dosent have browser or wii channels etc... wii has

Nintendo been trying online for while now prove. you want some here you go  http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=258

learn some history

what the hell do you call wii music, wii vote, vc games downloads???? please tell me..... those are damm updates kid

uh huh... ps has manjor new feautres .....  video game console is suppose to play games not features

I wasnt force to buy a memorry card :|

they all ready stated it will be updated

i think you need to check my link

Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
I just don't think Nintendo has enough resources or experience... umm nintendo has been around alot longer than sony. microsoft has only been making games for what 15 ish years? and those where simple computer games. nintendo has been pumping out games for just over 21 years. nintendo has more experenc and im quite shour that they have MANY thousands of people working on just as much as sony and microsoft in the future, nintendo just dosnt talk much witch i dont think is a good idea becaus i would try to get people hyped about what is going to happen in the future when im in the middle of a game drought. but hey. there are at least 5 realy good games comming in the next 4 months so the drought is almost up! ugg cant wait for metroid.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I just read what the creepy Harrison said and again I'm not interested on the PS3. The avatar thing is like a rip-off of Second Life more than the Mii. The cooperative platformer is interesting but nothing more.

Again, you can't judge a company with the GDC since it's the conference for the developers.

Guess, I'll retire (video games don't interest me anymore for an almost 20 years gamer.) with the Wii and the Wii only.

glitch-x911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 glitch-x911
Member since 2006 • 2988 Posts
I call this the wii drought no good games till early summer.
RyanWare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RyanWare
Member since 2002 • 12113 Posts

I just don't think Nintendo has enough resources or experience...

umm nintendo has been around alot longer than sony. microsoft has only been making games for what 15 ish years? and those where simple computer games. nintendo has been pumping out games for just over 21 years. nintendo has more experenc and im quite shour that they have MANY thousands of people working on just as much as sony and microsoft in the future, nintendo just dosnt talk much witch i dont think is a good idea becaus i would try to get people hyped about what is going to happen in the future when im in the middle of a game drought. but hey. there are at least 5 realy good games comming in the next 4 months so the drought is almost up!

ugg cant wait for metroid.mariomusicmaker

Of course Nintendo has been making games for a long time, but I'm not talking about games. I'm talking about the extra features that are being added to consoles nowadays. I mean between Sony, MS, and Nintendo... who do you think has the least experience with building online infrastructures? Obviously Nintendo, which is why we have yet to play a single Wii game online, and even once we do, there will still be no friends lists and no voice chat and none of the myriad features that Xbox Live has (and PSN is implementing).

But maybe Nintendo is working their assess of behind the scenes and they are being their usual secretive selves and won't say a word until the stuff is out there for us to download. I hope this is the case, but it sure wouldn't hurt Nintendo to give us somewhat of an idea of their future plans so we know if we have anything to look forward to or not. Sony is boasting about their upcoming PlayStation Home - but for all we know, Nintendo is working on something just as big. But we would never know it, and that is a problem. It makes them look unprepared.

karugukinywa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 karugukinywa
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts
well personaly i think xbox360 is the best with wii in second and ps3 in last........thats just my opinion
rxjhobbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rxjhobbz
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
i've had my Wii since dec. 7, and i actually havent played it for a month straight. Zelda was the only game i could play longer then 15 mins, cause EVERY SINGLE game besides zelda is a MINI F'IN GAME!! im trading or selling my Wii soon for 230$, if anyone wants it. it'll come with a extra wii mote, Wiisports, and Madden 07.
_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 _Devastator
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

I was planning on buying the Wii, but with all the Sony announcements such as the cooperative platformer and Sony Home, I get the feeling that the Wii is going to fall behind, very fast. I dont know what Nintendo's plans are, but from what Ive seen, they are struggling to keep their identity when other consoles eagerly eat up its features. I dunno, there arent any games around that I find very interesting, and the game drought seems pretty heavy. I guess this gen, Ill wait, once again, till nearly the end of the cycle and buy the consoles when theyre 99-150 dollars.nytrospawn

I think that is a good strategy on the surface.  I , too, have been very critical in Nintendo's strategy on the Wii.  This is a dry spell, but I reasure you, once Super Paper Mario gets released, there is going to be a flood of great, not good, but great games for the Wii.  So, to say there is a drought, I would agree, but to wait until the Wii is around a 100 USD, I would say is a bit over cautious.  It is a great system and it will be worth your money in the long run.  Actually if you get it and aren't happy, I would like to know what you didn't like about it.

_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Devastator

[QUOTE="mariomusicmaker"]I just don't think Nintendo has enough resources or experience...

umm nintendo has been around alot longer than sony. microsoft has only been making games for what 15 ish years? and those where simple computer games. nintendo has been pumping out games for just over 21 years. nintendo has more experenc and im quite shour that they have MANY thousands of people working on just as much as sony and microsoft in the future, nintendo just dosnt talk much witch i dont think is a good idea becaus i would try to get people hyped about what is going to happen in the future when im in the middle of a game drought. but hey. there are at least 5 realy good games comming in the next 4 months so the drought is almost up!

ugg cant wait for metroid.RyanWare

Of course Nintendo has been making games for a long time, but I'm not talking about games. I'm talking about the extra features that are being added to consoles nowadays. I mean between Sony, MS, and Nintendo... who do you think has the least experience with building online infrastructures? Obviously Nintendo, which is why we have yet to play a single Wii game online, and even once we do, there will still be no friends lists and no voice chat and none of the myriad features that Xbox Live has (and PSN is implementing).

But maybe Nintendo is working their assess of behind the scenes and they are being their usual secretive selves and won't say a word until the stuff is out there for us to download. I hope this is the case, but it sure wouldn't hurt Nintendo to give us somewhat of an idea of their future plans so we know if we have anything to look forward to or not. Sony is boasting about their upcoming PlayStation Home - but for all we know, Nintendo is working on something just as big. But we would never know it, and that is a problem. It makes them look unprepared.

I don't care what anyone says...the Wii was 'rushed' to get it out before the holiday season.  So for we Nintendo fans, are stuck waiting for more titles.  I agree with your comments about the online system.  I am here to help offer some reassurance.  The good thing is that the Wii shipped with 'on board' (sorry a bad term) memory.  Most of the issues you address, with the chat, message board and all of that is software based.  That can be handled online (website) or loaded onto the Wii itself.  The only thing you really need is the network connection (Wiiconnect 24).

Oh and if you are wondering about headphones and such.  Since I was 'enlightened' about the Bluetooth capability(Thanks fellow posters), once again this can be covered with a Bluetooth headset and the correct software drivers.

DVD player?  Sorry...I've got nothing. :)

BulletProof007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BulletProof007
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
Nintendo can't say anything right now because of a stock deal of some sort.  I think there is more in store for us Wii owners but just what it is I am not sure.  Nintendo has said that there will be more channels coming but what they will be who knows.
token08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 token08
Member since 2004 • 787 Posts
Wait till tomorrow to see what Nintendo has to say
muhamaghat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muhamaghat
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts
i can see it now... nintendo is going to lose... could be close, or wii is going to be obliterated... ONLY because.... ONLY because SONY can't think of their own ideas... So what do they do ? copy nintendo " SONY home" copy of the wii, with more power.. pretty much.. wii is a HOME system... Sony makes me sick...
_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _Devastator

i can see it now... nintendo is going to lose... could be close, or wii is going to be obliterated... ONLY because.... ONLY because SONY can't think of their own ideas... So what do they do ? copy nintendo " SONY home" copy of the wii, with more power.. pretty much.. wii is a HOME system... Sony makes me sick...muhamaghat

Funny, that's normally Microsoft's strategy! :)

LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
I agree with most of your points. The things is Playstation is going to start catching up, they have some amazing things coming, just nothing right now. A lot of people are sitting around waiting for a price drop... The wii has two major advantages over the other consoles right now: price (obviously) and appeal to non-gamers. This alone will boost wii's sales durastically. The promise of sequals to great old games will have all fans wanting a wii at least for those games, and given the price it is affordable in that sense.

I'm a huge wii fan and have playing videogames forever but do I think that wii has a giant advantage over the other 2 systems other then price? Nope. Your replacing Graphics for gameplay and this early in time third paries are messing that up for the most case and being kinda lazy. Lets say that all three consoles were realeased at the same time and they were all the SAME price, PS3 would be leading by far. Which makes me believe that when PS3 hits some price drops its sales will shoot up.

Here's the funny part though, I'm willing to bet that the majority of people with 2 new gen consoles own a wii (simply because it's fun and affordable). This is key to Nintendo's success, and I'm willing to make another bet that as soon as price drops come into effect most casual gamers this gen will own 2 systems because lets just face it, the wii is fun and innovative but it doesn't satisfy all of our gaming needs (mostly because it seems like more of a party system ).

A lil off topic I know but hey, losing interest in the wii now will fill you with regret later when the good stuff starts pouring in. Nintendo's not just going to take there profits and quit while they're ahead... The better PS3 and 360 get the more Nintendo will put into the wii.
narmi819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 narmi819
Member since 2003 • 5311 Posts
Sony has made many announcements and promises for what the PS3 would be for the past few years and they all turned out to be fantastic right??? I'm sure these new ones will be just as good :) :roll:
styphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 styphin
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts
Personally, I think PS3's "Home" looks like stupid, boring nerd crap. Why would you want a PS3 becuase of that?
Kenshin112345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kenshin112345
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
SuzumeCake
And what does the Wii have (besides Zelda) But PS3 has Resistance: Fall of man (or wuteva) But, im on the Wii side.
LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts
sony is just copying what wii is doing. The wii is a fun simple system(easy to use online) and you cant forget that the ps3 is now 600$ so which one would you wait for?flowingluc
EXACTLY!!! if sony gets any interesting stuff is because he copied from other one's ideas. Of course sony's graphics are by far the best ones but at the end it's not about the graphics. how many of you would choose Super smash brothers Melee over tekken 5... well at least i'll choose SSBM. Think of the best games you;ve ever played... the best games i've ever played are from nintendo... and square enix but that is an exception
nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts
Well, many of the games Im seeing on the Wii look like early PS2 games. Look at "Emergency Mayhem" It looks lifeless, with bland colors and blurry backgrounds. At first I thought the Wii would attract some great third party support.B ut now....seeing Ubisoft dump crapware on a regular basis, I get the feeling that third party support will be relegated to cheap ports, developed in 8 months time or just minigames. I hope Nintendo gets its act together and provide a truely original experience. I didnt buy a DS just to play with a new type of control (I bought it for Age of Empires, haha).