star wars: the force unleashed confirmed ps2 port

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Cody-G (220 posts) -
up on gonintendo theres an interview with krome studios saying that there taking the ps2 game and adding wii controls I knew that this was going to happen. Thoughts
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
#2 Posted by deactivated-598fc45371265 (13247 posts) -

Link?

Anyway, this sucks if it's true. I was really hoping the Wii version would be build from the ground up.

#3 Posted by Quilex (112 posts) -
Disappointing but not surprising. It could still be great but I would expect most people with more than one console will buy the HD version. I only have a wii and will be watching closely.
#4 Posted by Cody-G (220 posts) -

Link?

Anyway, this sucks if it's true. I was really hoping the Wii version would be build from the ground up.

Storm_Marine
im on the wii browser dont think I can link it but its on gonintendo or was there
#5 Posted by Cody-G (220 posts) -
its on the third page
#6 Posted by hellhund (1984 posts) -
The PS2 just needs to die so that the Wii may live.
#7 Posted by peterom11 (397 posts) -

Well I'm not buying it then.

#8 Posted by hellhund (1984 posts) -
I'll definately wait and see reviews now. If it still comes out good, then I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'll wait a couple of years and pickup one of the other systems and SW:TFU as a Greatest Hit.
#9 Posted by PeterPerson (3627 posts) -

i knew it!

finally my 360 will come in handy. :D

#10 Posted by Cody-G (220 posts) -
The PS2 just needs to die so that the Wii may live.hellhund
yeah
Avatar image for Ninjutsurocks27
#11 Posted by Ninjutsurocks27 (25 posts) -
*sheds a tear*
#12 Posted by remblade (537 posts) -
A bit of a let down, but also what I expected.
#13 Posted by John-08 (1113 posts) -

yet another one then

#14 Posted by m_machine024 (15874 posts) -
Yay! More ports! Yay!
#16 Posted by ebaybenjidogg (196 posts) -

this is HORRIBLE news...i was looking forward very much to this game...the controls better be mindblowing

i was gonna buy it right away...now it will be deemed rentable

#17 Posted by Arnalion (3316 posts) -
[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Link?

Cody-G

im on the wii browser dont think I can link it but its on gonintendo or was there

Ehm just type [ url]adress[ /url] (without the spacing).

#18 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -
*removes game from wish list*
#19 Posted by raahsnavj (4895 posts) -
Was anyone surprised by this? This game might be the reason I buy an X360... but probably not. I'm not addicted to Star Wars like i use to be. Also if the PS2 actually died it wouldn't help as much as one would hope. 3rd Party devs still won't make games with new controls in mind (other than the few Wii exclusives we get), so you can almost expect any 3rd party multiplat will be horribly done on the Wii anyhow.
#20 Posted by Cyber- (4026 posts) -

typical

they better not blame wii's audience when this game fails hardcore on wii

#21 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -
Sucks I guess, but I've been planning on getting it for the 360 all along.
#22 Posted by legend26 (16010 posts) -
FAIL:(
#23 Posted by ethanpaige (13100 posts) -
this is why i also own a 360
#24 Posted by kenakuma (3462 posts) -

glad i have 360 with a wii, in knew the wii version was gonna suck when i heard it wasnt gonna use the euphoria engine which is probably the biggest feature this game offers! plus the graphics looked amazing in this game and i knew we wouldnt be seeing those either.

#25 Posted by ekalbtwin (1044 posts) -

Wii owners are in a no win situation with 3rd parties. If they release a crappy port and we buy it they keep em coming and if we don't buy it they cry and moan about how "only mario sells on da wii!!!

as for the game at hand, if it is fun I might get it, but i will rent first.

#26 Posted by fraz1776 (2269 posts) -
Not too good but I always expected it anyway, I'm still looking forward to it, just because it's a PS2 pot doesn't mean it's automaticly bad, the guy previewing it seemed pleasantly happy with it anyway.
#27 Posted by Dr_Corndog (3245 posts) -
Doesn't surprise me, though I was afraid that the Wii version would be half-rate regardless, based on what I'd heard about it.
#28 Posted by zerosaber456 (1363 posts) -
This is unfortunate cause the wii is easily 2x if not 4x better than what the PS2 can handle
#29 Posted by Glenlo (44 posts) -
Once again this proves that just about every 3rd party game on the wii is nothing more than a money making scheme. Does any 3rd party developer out there have any pride at all? The wii owners future is in bad shape shape simply because 3rd party developers refuse to make truly next-gen games. Ports are a disgrace and a developers shame in my opinion.
#30 Posted by Swifty_Magee (1130 posts) -

I actually thought this was old news. I mean, when you say a game is going multiplatform nowadays, there's always a 360/PS3/PC version, a PS2/Wii/PSP version, and a DS port potentially following later. I'll still check out the game, though; ports don't always mean the game isn't worth the time, people. It's funny...it's like the word "port" is a swear word around here. The idea of controling a dark jedi with the Wiimote still seems pretty awesome to me!

So my question is: is the exclusive 1-on-1 lightsaber battles still..."exclusive"...or is that from the PS2 version as well?

#31 Posted by chang_1910 (16051 posts) -

i`ll pry get the ps3 version on this one... unless the control scheme are too great and gaeplay is awesome on the wii..

:P

Thx for teh heads up

#32 Posted by hards80 (318 posts) -

was gettin this on 360 all along. the lack of the physics engine alone was enough to kill the wii version.

#33 Posted by rodney130 (1139 posts) -
Yeah, that's what I expected. I've got a PS3 too, so I was planning on getting it first for my PS3 anyway, but I may pick up the Wii edition later anyway. I really don't care that it's a port as long as they do a good job with it.
#34 Posted by mariokart64fan (20783 posts) -
it may be a port but who said ports cant be good oh and its a new game,, its just multiplatform , just like timesplitters 2 and 3 so for being a port are you saying it gonna blow because its a port . most multiplat games are ported look at ps3 forexample.. lost planet was out on 360 first then ps3 same with oblivion is that saying its bad,, no , i didnt think so as was orange box ,, you name em ill tell you they are good,, driver paralel lines is more of a remake,, hence wii controls its not a strieght port if thats what you thinkmm it has added controls to it, if it were a streight port it would use the classic controller but then again they confirmed it is using the motion controls somthing ps2 doesnt have
#35 Posted by kenakuma (3462 posts) -

it may be a port but who said ports cant be good oh and its a new game,, its just multiplatform , just like timesplitters 2 and 3 so for being a port are you saying it gonna blow because its a port . most multiplat games are ported look at ps3 forexample.. lost planet was out on 360 first then ps3 same with oblivion is that saying its bad,, no , i didnt think so as was orange box ,, you name em ill tell you they are good,, driver paralel lines is more of a remake,, hence wii controls its not a strieght port if thats what you thinkmm it has added controls to it, if it were a streight port it would use the classic controller but then again they confirmed it is using the motion controls somthing ps2 doesnt have mariokart64fan

your right! some ports are good! like from 360 to ps3 like you listed!

but some ports are bad! like ps2 to wii! ps2 is a last gen system! id much rather take a port from ps3 and 360 any day over ps2!

#36 Posted by j03yAsunder (941 posts) -
Ugh... I'm just gonna buy a PS3 and play the real version. I'll prolly rent the Wii version when it comes out though...
#37 Posted by Thiago26792 (11059 posts) -

[QUOTE="hellhund"]The PS2 just needs to die so that the Wii may live.Cody-G
yeah

That would be the easiest but most unfair way. I hope that developers just change by their own and stop making so much ports.

#38 Posted by black_ice23 (1288 posts) -

[QUOTE="hellhund"]The PS2 just needs to die so that the Wii may live.Cody-G
yeah

sounds about right

#39 Posted by link_623 (70 posts) -
I'm pretty sure that the Wii version will have an exclusive "Duel mode".
#40 Posted by pmay007 (119 posts) -
it is anoying that we are getting a port from an OLD console onto a NEW and better console. If the graphics are the same i hope they build at least the control scheme from the bottom up. I wanted a proper lightsaber game for the wii, not just a cheap and nasty piece of lazy work, with wii controls tacked on.
#41 Posted by MrPoo6321 (769 posts) -
I read an article in GameInformer that said something to the contrary. They were talking about playing it hands-on and it felt really fun to play (the Wii version that is), however a separate version had to be made because graphically, the Wii cannot do what the 360 and PS3 versions will do. That doesn't necessarily mean it is a PS2 port, because the game is going to come out at the same time, right? I'm betting the Wii version will have better graphics than the PS2 version. At least I hope so.
#42 Posted by helium_flash (9244 posts) -
As long as it has good graphics and controls, i dont really care.
#43 Posted by Unkoil666 (724 posts) -

Ugh!

Here's to hoping not a single PS2 copy is sold!!!!!!!!!

#44 Posted by Generic_Dude (11707 posts) -
Lame... slightly higher resolution and tacked on Wiimote controls FTL. The third party support for the Wii has been disappointing to say the least. I'll probably be picking this one up on PS3 regardless, but it's still kindof a bummer for Wii-only owners.
#45 Posted by Tim_Drake (520 posts) -
I knew this would happen and my friend says "Oh the Wii version will be great never the less" I think he is full of it. He has PS3 and 360 so he doesn't have to worry about this game doing horrible. I was really looking forward to playing this game but after hearing this I will probably never buy it, I bet when it's released give it about 3 weeks and you'll see the price go from 30 bucks to 20 if it doesn't sell good on the Wii. Developers will never learn.