Star Wars HD Collection for Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Would you like to see the Star Wars games from GameCube and N64 (namely Rogue Squadron series and Battle For Naboo) re-released on the Wii U in HD graphics?

I think Factor 5, if they still exist, should make it happen.

It would require little work to bump the res and would be great for all those who missed out on them as well as those who would like to play them again in better graphics.

It would also provide some funds for the possible further sequels to Rogue Squadron on the Wii U.

What do you think?

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

I'm not a fan of this trend of HD re-releases so I'd have to say no to anymore. Just put the original games on the WiiU eShop.

Now if they were remade with more than just better graphics (more levels and such) then I'd be all for it.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nameless12345

I'm not a fan of this trend of HD re-releases so I'd have to say no to anymore. Just put the original games on the WiiU eShop.

Now if they were remade with more than just better graphics (more levels and such) then I'd be all for it.

KnightSkull

A "making of" DVD and a soundtrack would be a good idea too.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

How about a remake of Star Wars Podracer from the N64? That was actually a really good game. Lots of high speed fun.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nameless12345

How about a remake of Star Wars Podracer from the N64? That was actually a really good game. Lots of high speed fun.

turtlethetaffer

Well, I had more the Factor 5 developed games in mind but that would be nice too if it could happen.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

nameless12345

Well, I had more the Factor 5 developed games in mind but that would be nice too if it could happen.

Well I'm sure if Lucas Arts wanted to they could do multiple "collections", such as an N64 one with Episode 1: Racer, Battle For Naboo, Rouge Squadron and Shadows of the Empire, and a GameCube one with Rouge Squadron 2: Rouge Leader, Rouge Squadron 3: Rebel Assault, and Bounty Hunter. I wouldn't include The Clone Wars GCN game because it was awful, and I would keep Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast out of this set for a possible 3rd ones with the whole Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
if anything needed to have a sequel, it should be the Podracer games. I already had a thread a looong time ago detailing how the WiiMote and Nunchuck were almost identical (as far as seperate controls not design) to the handle controls of the podracer just turned sideways. Add motion Plus and that game couldve been phoenominal, buuut of course Flop Crap Lucas wanted to not make the obvious perfect FP Lightsaber game for Wii so screw him and that company. I won't support him, his movies or his games. I'm glad the Kinect version Flopped. :P
TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Would you like to see the Star Wars games from GameCube and N64 (namely Rogue Squadron series and Battle For Naboo) re-released on the Wii U in HD graphics?

It would require little work to bump the res and would be great for all those who missed out on them as well as those who would like to play them again in better graphics.

It would also provide some funds for the possible further sequels to Rogue Squadron on the Wii U.

What do you think?

nameless12345

Factor 5 no longer exists, so Lucasarts would have to find another developer for a Star Wars Rogue Squadron HD Collection.

Bozuruzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bozuruzo
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
I think it would be pretty cool and a very good idea :P
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I'd love a sequel, can't say I care about any HD remakes.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

What do you think?

TyberZannxxxx

Factor 5 no longer exists, so Lucasarts would have to find another developer for a Star Wars Rogue Squadron HD Collection.

The North American division has been closed, however the main company itself, which is based in Germany, is very much still around.

TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

What do you think?

KnightSkull

The North American division has been closed, however the main company itself, which is based in Germany, is very much still around.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451147

Factor 5's Germany branch is also closed.

Blaz3_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blaz3_fox
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

turtlethetaffer
Please make this happen. Nothing apart from the graphics and draw distance needs to change.