SSBB lost its chance to become game of the year 2008... :-(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
Because of GTA4, a much better game, which scored higher... Lets just hope SSBB will be atleast nominated at GOTY 2008.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

Because of GTA4, a much better game, which scored higher... Lets just hope SSBB will be atleast nominated at GOTY 2008.lancea34

im much more concerned in ZeldaOOT losing its place as no.1

sure GTA4 is brilliant but it isnt PERFECT(well in a way)!!!

besides mario galaxy did beat halo3, orange box and cod4, have hope....

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

SSB:B is kind of a game that is only for a certain group of people. Its not big across the board like a game such as Mario Galaxy. I'm sure it will win Fighter of the year, but no way would it take game of the year.

Krauser_RE4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Krauser_RE4
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
Brawl has a fighting chance :D
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
Yeah looks like GTA4 has GOTY. However im more concerned that this game could overtake OoT as the most highest metacritic ranking. Right now there on 99
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Well, OoT got a 10/10 and it didn't get GOTY.

Remember though, Nintendo have many secrets concerning the Wii's second half of the year. As they're the best developer in the world who haven't announced their games, I'm not going to predict the GOTY yet.

2008 is going to be one awesome year in gaming.

wolfpackfrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 wolfpackfrenzy
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts
one thing that confuses me is in the video review the guy specifically said that GTA4 wasn't perfect. 1) poor ai 2) graphics not the best 3) The added features really didn't affet gameplay much, except the cell phone. so why did GTA4 get a "perfect" 10? I could definately understand a 9.5.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
one thing that confuses me is in the video review the guy specifically said that GTA4 wasn't perfect. 1) poor ai 2) graphics not the best 3) The added features really didn't affet gameplay much, except the cell phone. so why did GTA4 get a "perfect" 10? I could definately understand a 9.5.wolfpackfrenzy
I wondered the same thing while I watched the review. So many games prior to this have had their scores knocked down due to various graphics issues, poor AI or lack of features. I have no doubt the game is fun but if GS is going to have a review system in place, they should stick by it.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

[QUOTE="wolfpackfrenzy"]one thing that confuses me is in the video review the guy specifically said that GTA4 wasn't perfect. 1) poor ai 2) graphics not the best 3) The added features really didn't affet gameplay much, except the cell phone. so why did GTA4 get a "perfect" 10? I could definately understand a 9.5.Terami
I wondered the same thing while I watched the review. So many games prior to this have had their scores knocked down due to various graphics issues, poor AI or lack of features. I have no doubt the game is fun but if GS is going to have a review system in place, they should stick by it.

Maybe GameSpot wanted to give it an 11, but they lowered the score to 10 because of Poor AI and Graphics.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
If GameSpot had there old ratings GTAIV would be about 9.5-9.9

Anyways this is the Wii forum. Discuss this in SW.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts

Well, OoT got a 10/10 and it didn't get GOTY.

Remember though, Nintendo have many secrets concerning the Wii's second half of the year. As they're the best developer in the world who haven't announced their games, I'm not going to predict the GOTY yet.

2008 is going to be one awesome year in gaming.

Erebyssial

I totally agree. It's only been 2008 for a few months.
CalmNMellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CalmNMellow
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This is one thing that gamers dont understand. Brawl was really good, but it was good becasue of the nintendo part of the game. in other words if you dont know (or care) about nintendo and its history or characters then Brawl will not seem that great. GTA4 on the other hand does not rely on such fan service. I have no Idea why ppl were claiming Brawl was going to be GOTY before looking at the rest of the games coming out this year

People need to learn how see things from other peoples perspective.

wolfpackfrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wolfpackfrenzy
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts

GTA4 on the other hand does not rely on such fan service.

CalmNMellow
I disagree. GTA has its fan base, just like every other series of games. Thats a big reason why developers keep making games in a series, they know that their strong fan base will make it profitable. Think about it, what portion of people who reserved GTA4 played previous installments of GTA? I don't know for sure, but I would expect a lot of them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

one thing that confuses me is in the video review the guy specifically said that GTA4 wasn't perfect. 1) poor ai 2) graphics not the best 3) The added features really didn't affet gameplay much, except the cell phone. so why did GTA4 get a "perfect" 10? I could definately understand a 9.5.wolfpackfrenzy
You really don't know why? It's two reasons really: Hype and Advertisement.

Once the newness wears off all the flaws and criticisms wull start to gain more weight, just like all the other GTA's and Metal Gear solid games.

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15 EnigManic
Member since 2008 • 1804 Posts

Yeah looks like GTA4 has GOTY. However im more concerned that this game could overtake OoT as the most highest metacritic ranking. Right now there on 99Felmo_07

I don't think it's fair to regard GTA4 as a shoe-in for GOTY. Saint's Row 2 and Star Wars: the Force Unleashed haven't even been released yet. There are multiple threads here comparing GTA4 to SR2, which has many more features and activities as well as full character and vehicle customization. And with it's impressive graphics, state-of-the-art AI and incredible physics engine, SWTFU has huge potential.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Oh well. I personally dont like GTA for some reason, mabye the way I was raised. I dont think any game deserves a 10/10 becasue no game is that good (this is just my opinion). Brawl is still an awesome game and has a chance.
Snyder_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Snyder_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
I think Nintendo has a secret weapon they're about to unleash upon us. Brawl is just a pacifier.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I think Nintendo has a secret weapon they're about to unleash upon us. Brawl is just a pacifier.Snyder_Trigger
Pikmin 3 hopefully.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Um, System Wars?
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Yeah looks like GTA4 has GOTY. However im more concerned that this game could overtake OoT as the most highest metacritic ranking. Right now there on 99Felmo_07

98 on 360 now, and on PS3 it has like 10 less reviews, so I can see it slipping down, all it takes is a few more 9.5's.